PDA

View Full Version : Restricted Regional

Zneed4speed
07-26-2006, 09:46 AM
I see a "Restricted Regional" on the SEDIV schedule in September at CMP, can someone tell me what this means?

Does this mean no out of division entrants? What is restricted?

itracer
07-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Usually it restricts what classes can race. Check the supps.

Zneed4speed
07-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Thanks. I'll check the Supps when they get up.
That makes me think all IT classes will be included and maybe just some of the formula classes restricted.

The race is in September so nothing on the Region website yet.

billf
07-26-2006, 06:53 PM
The "Restricted Regional" allows the regions to change the mandated format of classes, and within specifics, the allowed drivers of an event.

Classes can be less or more than specified as "SCCA classes"...ITE, IT Trucks, and for us various Canadian car classes. The only mandate is that the competing cars meet SCCA Safety requirements.

Driver&#39;s licensing: Canadian licenses were the included ones for our region (now specified as acceptable by SCCA), and Waterford licenses in other regions. When the concept originated (maybe 30 years or so), I asked National for the specifics of the rules, and got a "maybe" for the example of New York School Bus Drivers&#39; licenses. I believe they have that covered now! <_<

As usual the projected class structure and rules have to be approved when the Supps are sent to National.

Hope this helps.

Bill :024:

apexingsupra
08-08-2006, 11:34 PM
It means if they want everyone to race on solid rubber lawn mower tires they can put it in the supps.

Barry

JimW337
08-11-2006, 06:13 AM
I was asking some CCR folks about the restricted regional at CMP in Sept. and was told the race had been cancelled in favor of an HPDE event.