PDA

View Full Version : A question of wheelbase...

RacerZX
07-25-2006, 06:55 PM
So I've got this ITE 1990 300ZX 2+2 with a blown turbo motor parked in the garage, and I'm trying to figure out what to do for next year...

ITR looks great, converting back to an NA wouldn't be that hard, and heck I could sell a bunch of turbo and suspension parts and be money ahead for next season. However, I've been hit by the technicality of my car being a 2+2 before when trying to run in SFR's ITX class, so I'm very leery about actually moving forward with prep for ITR until the real official 300ZX line text is published. But of course by the time that happens it'll really be too late...

Can anybody shed some light on this subject? Will there be wheel bases specified in the ITR lines? If so, how can I make sure a 2+2 spec line gets in there so I'm not out in the cold come 2007? Thanks everybody.

-Carl
www.RacerZX.com (http://www.racerzx.com)

JeffYoung
07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
The 2+2 will need its own spec line (I honestly didn't know the even existed, and I am considering building a Z32).

When it comes time to class the cars and prepare VTS sheets, we will be asking for volunteers in doing so. PLEASE volunteer to do the VTS for the 2+2 and it will get is own line in the ITCS for ITR.

Jeff

RacerZX
07-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Damn, wish I saved a copy of the letter I wrote to the CRB. Soon as I read about ITR I carefully laid out differences for all 4 non-turbo Z32s (2 seat t-top, hardtop, convertible, 2+2 t-top) and sent it off via the SCCA.ORG webssite...

Anyway, sure, I'd be happy to volunteer to write up the specs for the Z32, regardless of wheather I end up finally running ITE or ITR, happy to help. You sure it'll need it's own line? Not that it really matters, but I seem to recall seeing car models listed in IT without wheelbase numbers, which would make life easy.

What's different with the new roll cage spec? I had mine built to IT specs, so is there something new for 2007 that might make mine unworthy?

-Carl
www.RacerZX.com (http://www.racerzx.com)

JeffYoung
07-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Just by way of reference, I'm pretty sure the 300ZX Z31 and the 280ZX models got their own spec lines. I think because they ended up with more weight.

Do you have that letter on the Z32? That would be helpful to us.

RacerZX
07-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Sorry, no, don't have the letter since I used the web sumission interface on scca.org instead of just emailing them. I can work up the same info anyway again, no problem.

Any ideas on that roll cage change question?