PDA

View Full Version : General Question

fomad
07-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Newbie - How do you get assigned the number you want on your car? I'll be in ITS starting next year - the paint job will be done sometime next month.. I have a number I want but don't know if it will be allowed. Are numbers and letters allowed?

Regards,
Larry

MIKEGTR
07-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Number and letters combination??/ i'm pretty sure that it is not allowed... over here there is a maximum of three digits and you ask for your number... they check the list and if it is available then you get it assigned for the current year and reserved for next year... (this is the way it's done over here in our Club. it may be different over there) i asked for 158 and it was available... presto! Which was a good thing, since i had already made the decals with the 158 and had not check for availability

Mike

erlrich
07-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Newbie - How do you get assigned the number you want on your car? I'll be in ITS starting next year - the paint job will be done sometime next month.. I have a number I want but don't know if it will be allowed. Are numbers and letters allowed?

Regards,
Larry [/b] Larry - I think most regions limit you to two numbers (and only numbers). Typically each series will have a period at the start of the season when you can request a number - preference is usually given to racers who competed in the prior year, and even when you do get a reserved number it is only reserved within that specific series. If you race outside of that series it's pretty much first come, first served. I would suggest waiting until next year to choose a number, and even then get them in vinyl so you can change them without too much hassle. It is also a good idea if you plan to race in several series to get a roll of racer's tape in the same color as your numbers, as you will probably need to modify yours at some point.

Oh, and most of the time when you register for a race you will be asked to choose three car numbers - most guys will pick numbers that will work with at least one of their existing numbers (e.g. I usually ask for 24, 2, 4). Of course if your 'regular' number is only one digit it gets that much easier.

Good luck.