PDA

View Full Version : Come race Lime Rock with NASA!

Joe Lee
07-18-2006, 05:31 PM
NASA NE will be sharing a race-only event with our friends at the VSCCA. We want to encourage IT races to come out and give our new PT class a try!

Event registration can be found here: https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=317

anthony1k
07-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Is there a way to get hold of the event supps and schedule without registering first? I'm trying to understand how NASA events are ran before I make the leap. Thanks...Anthony

gran racing
07-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Anthony,
This will be a bit different since it is being run with VSCCA. Based on that club's website, it looks like it will be an interesting event and there will be some very cool cars there. Looking forward to it, unfortunately just watching. :(

Also, I'm pretty sure this is a muffled event.

Tkczecheredflag
07-19-2006, 08:19 AM
NASA NE will be sharing a race-only event with our friends at the VSCCA. We want to encourage IT races to come out and give our new PT class a try!

Event registration can be found here: https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=317
[/b]
Joe - I sent you a note last week but not sure you had a chance to reply.

I need to know the refund policy if you do not show for the race. I would like to try NASA but my schedule is a moving target right now. I would like to register but need to know the "down side" if I am a "DNS"

Could you elaborate on the PT class?

Please let us all know registration and refund policy.

anthony1k
07-19-2006, 08:37 PM
I have a hard time understanding how this event is going to work. There are no supps or schedule published yet, VSCCA's web site is of no help and NASA's web site can only take your money. For $350 plus $40 to become a NASA member, I would like to know what I get in return, such as track time. Not to mention other little details such as noise level, refund policy, schedule, registration hours, run groups, etc. At this point I might just show up to spectate but it is doubtful that I'll be entering.

gran racing
07-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Anthony,

Keep in mind that this is NASA N.E.'s 1st year doing the racing thing. There will be some growing pains along the way. Also remember that it's $175 per race. Compare that with a typical racing event.

My honest opinion...it will be different than an SCCA event for better or worse. Going into the event, you need to enjoy some of the racing - grassroots style? If I had access to a car, I'd be there racing! Different does not mean bad.

lateapex911
07-20-2006, 03:09 PM
yea, but there are a LOT of details that they've done a zillion times...it's not the first race NASA has run. I'd be an idiot to sign up if I didn't know the refund policy, the noise restrictions, the times, and so on.

If they can't get the basics up with less than 2 weeks to go, it doesn't give you a warm feeling that the tricky stuff, like insurance and workers will be attended to, does it?

philstireservice
07-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Phils Tire Service will be there to support all the racers that do show up. If you need tires for this event please order them by July 27th to insure that they will be waiting for you at the track for when you arrive.... :happy204:

Joe Lee
07-20-2006, 09:50 PM
OK, all excellent and fair questions! Sorry for the delay replying.

NASA's refund policy for racers is VERY liberal and is worded thusly: "Fees are fully refundable provided that you registered at least 12 days in advance and you notify your NASA region within 5 days following the missed event. No partial refunds allowed. This policy does not apply to special events. Once the car hits the track all fees are non refundable." It can be found here: http://www.nasaproracing.com/cancellation_policy.html

The new Director has promised me a schedule tonight but it is 99% likely to be two Run Groups, each getting 1 hour of track time PER DAY (Practice, Qualifying and Race each day)

It is a muffled event (89db) with camping allowed at the track.

I would also go out on a limb and say gates open at 6:30 am and first hot session will be 9 a.m.

It will be a standard NASA race with flagging and AMB scoring per CCR - no event-specific supps out of the ordinary. Our region uses MyLaps and we have been getting results online as soon as we have an Internet connection following the race!

Insurance has been paid on this event for months as have workers. We have been awaiting VSCCA for the schedule.

Please feel free to email me [email protected] or IM eunosracer with further questions. We really want this event to be a great one!

Tkczecheredflag
07-21-2006, 07:27 AM
OK, all excellent and fair questions! Sorry for the delay replying.

NASA's refund policy for racers is VERY liberal and is worded thusly: "Fees are fully refundable provided that you registered at least 12 days in advance and you notify your NASA region within 5 days following the missed event. No partial refunds allowed. This policy does not apply to special events. Once the car hits the track all fees are non refundable." It can be found here: http://www.nasaproracing.com/cancellation_policy.html

The new Director has promised me a schedule tonight but it is 99% likely to be two Run Groups, each getting 1 hour of track time PER DAY (Practice, Qualifying and Race each day)

It is a muffled event (89db) with camping allowed at the track.

I would also go out on a limb and say gates open at 6:30 am and first hot session will be 9 a.m.

It will be a standard NASA race with flagging and AMB scoring per CCR - no event-specific supps out of the ordinary. Our region uses MyLaps and we have been getting results online as soon as we have an Internet connection following the race!

Insurance has been paid on this event for months as have workers. We have been awaiting VSCCA for the schedule.

Please feel free to email me [email protected] or IM eunosracer with further questions. We really want this event to be a great one!
[/b]
Thanks Joe - Very much appreciated.