PDA

View Full Version : ok ok i know stop asking but.....

fonzy
07-16-2006, 12:03 AM
i found a screaming good deal on a capri , car is sound and very well set up , the only problem i see is it s old , ( which is ok i dig old stuff) and the the cage has me worried , its one of those jegster cages?

heres the link to the cage , i dunno you tell me , and oh yeah its a 74 4 speed 2.8 v6 car

My Webpage (http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=-1&catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=19427)

64oeg
07-19-2006, 07:09 AM
Flashback time!!! My first racecar was a MKI Capri with the 2.8l. A very forgiving car, especially with some suspension upgrades and good tires. As far as the cage goes, so long as it is welded up good you've got the basics. You'll have to add a diagonal to the main hoop. And check the GCR, but I belive that you'll have to add door bars.

The MKI Capri is never gonna be a dominate car in ITA, but it is a fun car to drive, and easy to work on. If you're just starting out, or just like having the oddball car, and you can get it for a song, then go for it.

George

joeg
07-19-2006, 07:41 AM
Drag race cages are just fine.

The only thing is diaganol and sidebars--both of which are easily adapted.

The cage is probably overbuilt for your application--look at the diameter and thickness.

RSTPerformance
07-19-2006, 07:50 AM
sorry to hijack...

but if anyone is interested in a bunch of parts and a solid "roller" caged car let me know... we might just have a deal for you sitting in our garage. We have had the car since 73 when it was new. It had a long successful life in Road Racing (ITA) in the 80's and has sat in storage in a garage since the early 90's.

Still up in the air with what to do with the car, but if you would be interested should we decide to get rid of it let me know.

Raymond

PS: Check out our website for pictures of the car when it was on the track... www.rstperformance.com

fonzy
07-19-2006, 06:14 PM
sorry to hijack...

but if anyone is interested in a bunch of parts and a solid "roller" caged car let me know... we might just have a deal for you sitting in our garage. We have had the car since 73 when it was new. It had a long successful life in Road Racing (ITA) in the 80's and has sat in storage in a garage since the early 90's.

Still up in the air with what to do with the car, but if you would be interested should we decide to get rid of it let me know.

Raymond

PS: Check out our website for pictures of the car when it was on the track... www.rstperformance.com
[/b]

e mail sent :cavallo:

xr4racer
08-01-2006, 08:48 PM
I have a 71 2.0l ITB Capri, it needs struts and some exhaust work but runs quite well, engine was freshened last July and only ran twice since. The car is in Ohio. $2500 obo

Matt Miller