PDA

View Full Version : where to stay RA

BlueStreak
07-13-2006, 05:09 PM
My previous trips to RA involved camping at the track - this time I'd like to get a room - any advice on good places to stay?

Thanks in advance

crushed
07-13-2006, 05:37 PM
The Mall of GA area is a good place to start (985 and GA20). It's an easy 30 min drive to the track and there are plenty of good places to eat around.

Ken Grammer
07-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Comfort Inn in Oakwood is decent. There are also several other hotels in Oakwood from Admiral BenBo (cheap and not so new) and a new one across from the Admiral that is really nice.

We've also stayed in the Jamison Inn in Winder though I think it's a little bit further away then Oakwood.

Both have restuarants (both fast and sitedown) handy as well as food, gas and other such places of need on a race weekend. :)

Oakwood is left down Winder Highway out of the track. Winder is right (cross I-85 for a while).

PM if you need specifics. Stacey has a lot of details (numbers and such). AAA books are a life saver!

Hope this information helps a bit...

Despr8dave
07-13-2006, 07:15 PM
When I went in 2004, I stayed at Lake Lanier Resort. Rather pricey, but it was my vacation and I brought my girlfriend. She reminded me what hot tubs are really for. Beautiful area, fair rooms for the price, expensive resturant, but got a package deal that brought it a little closer to affordable. About a ten minute drive to the track, 45 minutes to Dawsonville where there are a couple of racing museums and the pool hall. Not an economic trip, but was worth it to me. Look it up on the net.