PDA

View Full Version : My Audi Good News...

RSTPerformance
07-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Well after the lovely weekend at NHIS I was sorta gulping at the costs I was about to incure to get the car back on the track...

The short list was new struts, new strut housings w/ new wheel bearings and hubs pressed in, new camber plate, a new motor, and lastly I still needed to figure out why the car would not even start.

Well last night we got the car to start!!! The impact in turn 11 was so hard that the coil moved (It was only attached with one bolt so it potentialy could swivle). The wires feeding it power disconected thus I had no spark. With that wire attached the car started right up!!! Now the only problem is that the oil pan is crushed so far that it is hitting against crank shaft. Man does that make a shit load of noise!!! Probably not great for the motor either so I didn't run it long... just enough to see that it did still have oil pressure. I should probably change the oil now though :dead_horse:

oh that reminds me... Thier was some scuttle buttle that I had left all the oil around the track as the car was leaking it in Pit lane. The car always leaks oil especially while sitting idling for a while. Once it is "under tourque" though it doesn't leak any oil. Not sure the exact reason for this but it has been making a mess of the garage for 2.5 years now and I never have to add any oil once I am at the track.

Hope all is well, and if anyone has front strut suggestions or contacts please help us. We are certainly still going to work with Koni, however we are also going to look at other options. We need somthing that can handle the side load our cars demand on the strut. We also have space on our cars and we have a vinyl machine B)

Raymond

JamesB
07-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Well good news is better then bad news. If you do manage to make the Glen I hope I get a chance to meet you before I look at nothing but tail lights.

Conover
07-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Now the only problem is that the oil pan is crushed so far that it is hitting against crank shaft. Man does that make a shit load of noise!!!

The car always leaks oil especially while sitting idling for a while. Once it is "under tourque" though it doesn't leak any oil. Not sure the exact reason for this but it has been making a mess of the garage for 2.5 years now and I never have to add any oil once I am at the track.

Raymond
[/b]

Uh. . .Nows your chance to fix that oil leak! I've got to go lay down now I feel a little light-headed :o :o

67ITB
07-14-2006, 05:25 AM
I think Eli must have started that oil leak story, to try and justify smashing the wall!!!!!! :(

Actually his story goes that “with the new motor you can’t go flat through the oval anymore” I guess that is a lesson we each learned the HARD way. :bash_1_:

Glad to hear you don’t need a motor, maybe you should just put a reliable 4 cylinder in that thing.

Matt Bal

RSTPerformance
07-14-2006, 10:02 AM
I think Eli must have started that oil leak story, to try and justify smashing the wall!!!!!! :(
[/b]

lol.... the track was very slick and I think someone was leaking oil in his defence... it just wasn't me!!!

Glad to hear you don’t need a motor, maybe you should just put a reliable 4 cylinder in that thing.

Matt Bal
[/b]

what put a 4cyl in and be as slow as you? :cavallo: I don't think so :D

:birra: Raymond