PDA

View Full Version : USERA

RSTPerformance
07-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Ken-

ok, I have to admit that I didn't pay much attention to your organization as I didn't realize that it was coming to my area (Northeast). But I noticed somone post that you were going to be at Lime Rock... Very cool. I do have a few questions and I figure that I will ask them here as others might also have the same questions...

1) What is the difference between sprtsman and championship?

2) I What is the schedule going to be like at Lime Rock?

3) Is the event muffled or unmuffled? What Db level?

4) I see that on average from the results your series is stable but it isn't drawing the crowds I was expecting with never really have more than handful of drivers compeating in any class. Is that true?

5) You advertize wonderful payouts as the attraction to your races, however with such low entries have you made any actual pay outs? (This isn't ment to be negative at all, if you are actually not ever paying out any $$$ then it is less likely to be a crash fest race, and I might consider entering).

6) Speaking of crash fest, what are the rules pertaining to "off-track" driving? What about contact? What is the current crash/race ratio (or average)? The general rule I was taught is that 10% of the cars wont be able to drive home under thier own power, somedays you will be one of those 10%.

I applaud :happy204: your efforts in this series and would like to see it succeed even if I am not able to compete in it (I have an ITB car so I won't win anyhow). Your feedback is appreciated, and again thank you for taking your time and donating to the "Road Racing World" that we all live in.

Raymond

Ken Grammer
07-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Raymond:

Thanks for the positive words. We are trying to build something that will indeed allow you to compete and place well. It has been a struggle, but we are trying.

As to your questions...

1) Sportsman entry is a "race only" or lowest cost possible entry for $450 that allows someone to race with us and waive contingency and purse. Championship entries are for teams who want to run for the purse and contingencies and who are basically planning on running for the Team Championship.

2) I'm still working out the Lime Rock schedule. I had a basic schedule worked out with the previous tracm management but we were forced to start over when they had some personnel changes. I hope to get that finalized in the next few weeks.

3) This is a pro weekend so it is my understanding that our 103db will be unforced.

4) It is true that we have been struggling to get car counts up. We are working on that (agruably with mixed results depending on who you ask). But we do expect a large turn out for the Lime Rock and VIR weekends. We are supporting Busch East at Lime Rock (always draws a big crowd) and Grand-Am at VIR.

5) We pay out when we have Championship entered 20 cars in each class. We didn't have the 20 car limit for the first weekend, so we compromised for our first event and paid the full purse as entry credits for teams that weekend.

6) Of course we dislike any contact. So far through four races we have had only one incident of reported contact (at the start of the second race at CMP) and it was minor. At Nashville last weekend we had some of the closest racing I've seen in a long time that went on for over an hour with the top three fighting hard with no contact.

I certainly hope to see you at the Lime Rock event. If there are any other questions you have, please feel free to ask here, or e-mail me at [email protected].

RSTPerformance
07-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Ken-

Just wanted to thank you for the reply...

Certainly interested so as soon as you have a schedule posted please share it!!!

Raymond