PDA

View Full Version : nasa aug 4th and 5th anybody going?

dazzlesa
07-10-2006, 09:46 AM
trying to see if its worth going to.

Andy Bettencourt
07-10-2006, 10:01 AM
What clas you gonna run in?

Greg Amy
07-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Note 89dB limit...

I'd like to go, if I can get the engine quietened down. I'd like to "qualify" for the Mid-Ohio bash. Normally I'd run SE-R Cup, but if I have no competition and you guys show I'll enter whatever class you're in for the fun... - GA

dazzlesa
07-10-2006, 10:11 AM
i would bring the car that had more to race against.

lateapex911
07-10-2006, 12:40 PM
That 89db limit, combined with the class structure that adds points for mods makes the RX-7 a complete joke in NASA, as far as i can figure. No way for me.

However, I will attned one day to see what goes on. I think thats the same weekend as my Swim Across the Sound, so it might be friday.

R2 Racing
07-10-2006, 12:44 PM
i would bring the car that had more to race against.
[/b]
The Integra in H4, easily. We actually had 10 H4 cars at Mid Ohio last weekend in a pretty weak region. That would be cool to see some of you guys at Mid Ohio in September! :023:

anthony1k
07-10-2006, 04:10 PM
I plan to run in the 44 Super Cup races. I have heard nothing but praise from the series regulars.

Jake
07-11-2006, 10:43 PM
I'll be there racing PTF which will most likely run in the same run group as HC.

Andy Bettencourt
07-11-2006, 10:55 PM
I'll be there racing PTF which will most likely run in the same run group as HC. [/b]

PTF? Show me the classification sheet on that! You need some more mods!!! :)

Jake
07-14-2006, 01:36 PM
PTF? Show me the classification sheet on that! You need some more mods!!! :)
[/b]

Since engine mods are pretty useless on the 4AGE, I never bothered.
Plus - I don't get much gutting points because my weight is so close to theoretical stock weight.

Jake "150lbs over SCCA min weight with a severly (but legally) gutted car" Fisher

gran racing
07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Rick, you'd have more people to play with if you bring the Teg. At the same time, you'll have some stiff competition if you bring the H5 car. A guy named Zephyr goes very fast with his civic! He beat me at the Glen, so he must be fast. :D

Andy Bettencourt
07-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Since engine mods are pretty useless on the 4AGE, I never bothered.
[/b]

Some stuff just HAS to make a difference, no?

- .040 gets you more displacement

- half point of compression gain gets you more power

- programmable FI gets you a nice fat curve

Assuming the header, balance/blueprint and port match gains are minimal...dang! You doing LRP in August?

Jake
07-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Some stuff just HAS to make a difference, no?

- .040 gets you more displacement

- half point of compression gain gets you more power

- programmable FI gets you a nice fat curve

Assuming the header, balance/blueprint and port match gains are minimal...dang! You doing LRP in August?
[/b]

Andy - I'm getting a feeling of deja vous. I can show you dyno charts of 4AGE's with all that and considerably more. 108rwhp with $10K of work. (and I can keep up with them)

I'll be doing NASA in Aug, not SCCA.

Andy Bettencourt
07-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Andy - I'm getting a feeling of deja vous. I can show you dyno charts of 4AGE's with all that and considerably more. 108rwhp with $10K of work. (and I can keep up with them)

I'll be doing NASA in Aug, not SCCA. [/b] Seemingly impossible that an increase in displacement, compression and fuel mapping makes no difference. Much like a Porsche in that respect. Too bad - it's such a cool car. One of my favorites. Still trying to figure out how to squeeze a 88 Fiero GT into my stable of IT cars too.
Any idea how the 2nd gen car would do from it's 135hp and 145ft/lbs? THAT looks like a cool ITA car...

Jake
07-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Any idea how the 2nd gen car would do from it's 135hp and 145ft/lbs? THAT looks like a cool ITA car...
[/b]

Haven't a clue what power gains it can make. No one in their right mind would ever built one where it is currenly classed in ITS.

Andy Bettencourt
07-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Haven't a clue what power gains it can make. No one in their right mind would ever built one where it is currenly classed in ITS. [/b]

Recommended a long time ago to move to ITA...did it fall through the cracks?