PDA

View Full Version : Any ITR interest on the west coast?

JoshS
07-04-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm wondering about the excitement level of ITR on the west coast. If the is approved, how many people out here would build a car in the first year?

Z3_GoCar
07-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Hey Josh,

I'm in So-Cal and am working on a 2.8l Z3. The Chassis was one of TC Kline's back-ups, and the motor is from their '01 World Challenge effort, so it's basically a IT type prep plus M3 cams. I've got the stock cams to make it an IT legal build. Untill ITR gets implimented I'll be in ITE, I hope to run the last couple of races at WSIR and BW, where I won't bother with changing the cams. So if ITR comes in next season I'll probably join in early on. If you don't mind, what are you planning on running, and where are you at?

James

lateapex911
07-04-2006, 02:49 PM
I'd hope to see some Porsche guys take a crack at it, there is a some crossover possibilities (I think) from PCA and NASAs 944 series, and there are the E36s as well. Plus I think that the Integra guys might be interested?

(I'm just talking about the 'pool' of existing race cars there, or at least those that are needing little in the way of mods to come out and play.)

Talk it up ...the more talk there is, the more likely it is you'll get cars.

Marcus Miller
07-04-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm potentially interested.. but I'm not sure I'd have a car together for next year. (When will we get the official nod its coming with finalized specs and carlist?)

Marcus

dickita15
07-04-2006, 05:55 PM
should be voted by the BOD in August.

BMW RACER
07-04-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure if I'm interested. But if ITR happens I'll be yanking out the $400.00 SIR and bolting on some 17" Wheels and giving it a go. I'm not sure what is better, ITS with SIR or ITR with unknown competition. At least in ITR I'll be spending money to go faster instead of spending money to go slower.

Z3_GoCar
07-04-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm potentially interested.. but I'm not sure I'd have a car together for next year. (When will we get the official nod its coming with finalized specs and carlist?)

Marcus
[/b]

Hey Marcus,

What car are you looking at? Is there something in the pipeline?

I'm not sure if I'm interested. But if ITR happens I'll be yanking out the $400.00 SIR and bolting on some 17" Wheels and giving it a go. I'm not sure what is better, ITS with SIR or ITR with unknown competition. At least in ITR I'll be spending money to go faster instead of spending money to go slower.
[/b]

Well John, I guess that makes us a class of at least two.

James

Marcus Miller
07-04-2006, 07:08 PM
James,
Wtg on weights, but based on the list published at the begining of the thread in the tech section my shortlist has the 93-96 Prelude, the 328, 300zx, and SC 300 on it.

The Prelude already has examples running in NASA and SCCA, the 328 in NASA and BMCCA racing, the other two just look interesting... :cavallo:

more research needed! :024:

Marcus

charrbq
07-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure what is better, ITS with SIR or ITR with unknown competition. At least in ITR I'll be spending money to go faster instead of spending money to go slower.
[/b]
Makes sense to me! I always thought that was the idea...until recently. <_<

Jiveslug
07-05-2006, 01:08 AM
I am pretty interested in the class on a theoretical level, but I think it will end up being much too rich for my blood. However, if I was able to afford it, I would certainly take a look. I would love to build something similar to my Dodge Stealth RT/TT (would have to be the RT or ES trim FWD NA version, of course) or maybe a MKIII Supra. Perhaps in a couple of years Ill be able to move up into that class.... I WOULD like to see it become a viable part of IT racing, however.