PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running an E30 in ITA?

PeteK
07-03-2006, 12:36 PM
I know of Steve B. and myself, but that's about it. Who else is out there? :023:

I'm curious to know what spring rates and shocks you're using.

I've seen some pretty trick fuel pressure regulators on E30's (ITS 325i included) and want to hear your comments...

Jiveslug
07-05-2006, 01:10 AM
I know there is a guy named Armando Juarez out here in SoPac running an ITA E30 318i. I am actually looking at the same kind of car myself, as I have a line on a decent one for cheap....

orlando_wrx
07-05-2006, 07:44 AM
And John Dean Jr. here in SEDiv.

chuck baader
07-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Am finally getting mine sorted and competitive. I also run the SE. Chuck

MIKEGTR
07-16-2006, 02:07 PM
I had a ITA 325e... it was not a competitive front runner(pre- weight reduction) maybe 4th or 5th at most

the car was vandalized so now i'm moving up to ITS with another E30 i bought...

Mike

PeteK
07-17-2006, 08:24 AM
I had a ITA 325e... it was not a competitive front runner(pre- weight reduction) maybe 4th or 5th at most
[/b]

That weight reduction really helped make the car a lot more competitive! The Steve guy that I mentioned won when we raced together down at Hallett a couple of weeks ago and then won again at Heartland Park this weekend. Really shows what the car is capable of in the right hands especially in a field full of Miatas, a 240 sx and a CRX or two. :smilie_pokal:

the car was vandalized so now i'm moving up to ITS with another E30 i bought...
[/b]

Wow that sux! Must have been pretty bad to abandon the car all together! What happened? :mad1:

MIKEGTR
07-17-2006, 12:27 PM
The biggest trouble in my class for me were the two neon ACR's and the Sentra SE-R which i still believe is illegal... i've gotten numerous reports of a Jap SR-20 Swap but since i had no proof and the Club here is run by complete morons...

Well some punks decided to give my car a new paint scheme with green oil-based paint and then put the cover back on it...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/MIKEGTR/DCP05139.jpg

Mike

zracre
07-17-2006, 04:44 PM
nothing a razor blade and some more green paint cant fix!

PeteK
07-17-2006, 08:58 PM
nothing a razor blade and some more green paint cant fix!
[/b]

I agree, you could have had the first E30 art car! :P Andy Wharhol would have been proud!

I was actually expecting something more along the lines of gasoline and a match to vandalize your car. Do you have a shop to keep the 'is' in so this doesn't happen again?

MIKEGTR
07-18-2006, 02:13 AM
I agree, you could have had the first E30 art car! :P Andy Wharhol would have been proud!

I was actually expecting something more along the lines of gasoline and a match to vandalize your car. Do you have a shop to keep the 'is' in so this doesn't happen again?
[/b]

well right now i'm in the process of gutting the interior and getting it ready for the two color paint job and some minor collision repair... so i am keeping it inside my garage... when it comes out of the body shop it'll stay at my mechanics place until it is completed... afterwards i guess i'll keep it inside my garage...

Mike

RSTPerformance
07-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Interesting that your "green helmet" matches your picture ;)

http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/uploads/av-2749.jpg

&

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/MIKEGTR/DCP05139.jpg

Good luck on the repairs :unsure:

Raymond "Raising your spirit" Blethen