PDA

View Full Version : How do I add an overflow tank??

Z3_GoCar
06-26-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm working on getting my Z3 ready for the track. It's got the stock plastic radiator tank which is a part of the radiator, but it's not got an overflow tank. So is there a special radiator cap that I'll need. I know I should just switch over to a nice racing aluminum radiator, but that'll be over the winter, right now I want to just get a couple of races in and finish off my novice book. Any ideas? Thanks,

James

buldogge
06-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey James... The stock rad fill tank is also the overflow....follow the small overflow hose from the drivers side (upper) rad neck and you will see the small hose which snakes along inside the top edge of the plastic fan shroud.

Good luck...

I'm working on getting my Z3 ready for the track. It's got the stock plastic radiator tank which is a part of the radiator, but it's not got an overflow tank. So is there a special radiator cap that I'll need. I know I should just switch over to a nice racing aluminum radiator, but that'll be over the winter, right now I want to just get a couple of races in and finish off my novice book. Any ideas? Thanks,

James
[/b]

Z3_GoCar
06-27-2006, 01:30 AM
Hey Mark,

I'll look for that overflow tube under the fan shroud. Thanks for the pointer. I figured that I'd pipe it into the widshield washer tank after all I've got to keep the tank anyway :)

James