PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Hallett next weekend?

PeteK
06-26-2006, 03:33 AM
I've never been there before and don't know of anyone else going to this one...

Can't wait! B)

Speed Raycer
06-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Wish I was!!! Good Luck Pete! Very fun track... take extra pads and fluid... oh and extra money for the Hallet shirts that all the cool kids wear ;)

SLUF
06-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Good luck and keep the fenders straight! I'm still on the road this week and haven't forgotten about your power on light. We'll get it done soon!

PeteK
06-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Wish I was!!! Good Luck Pete! Very fun track... take extra pads and fluid... oh and extra money for the Hallet shirts that all the cool kids wear ;)
[/b]

Extra pads and fluid, check. I guess I won't need the "extra" money for a big night in Tusla, huh?

Good luck and keep the fenders straight! I'm still on the road this week and haven't forgotten about your power on light. We'll get it done soon!
[/b]

Hey man, there's not as much stuff to hit at that track!

Run-off = good :happy204:

No worries about the light, there's no rush. Just let me know when you're back in town.

bldn10
06-28-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm going but don't know anyone else from Memphis who is.

"Run-off = good"

Except the place where you may be most apt to go off - The Bitch. :o

PeteK
06-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Yeah, it doesn't seem like anyone from St. Louis is heading down either... sux.

Does anyone know if they have a party Saturday night or anything?

PeteK
07-03-2006, 12:30 PM
What a great track! It was a pretty long tow (7.5 hrs), but totally worth it! :happy204: Anybody in the Midwest who hasn't been there should definately make the trip.

I went off on the first lap at the bitch! Hahaha, it lives up to it's name... I crested the hill and the track went in the other direction! No harm, no foul.

Lot's of history behind that place (Paul Newman raced there)! The track surface is old and doesn't allow a lot of grip, but there is a ton of elevation change as well as blind corners, off-camber corners and no concrete walls to hit! I saw a couple of guys go off into the tires and their cars only ended up with a few dents... try that at Gateway or Grant's tomb in Memphis and it's a whole other story.

I'll be back, but probably not this season. :(

BTW, anyone take any photos? I left my stupid camera at home...