PDA

View Full Version : Firecracker Regional at BHF

kbee00
06-25-2006, 10:11 PM
HA! Gotcha on the free lunch thing, didn't I....

Anybody going to the Firecracker Regional at Blackhawk Farms on 7/8-7/9? I'm running my ITB Golf on it's maiden voyage so if anyone wants to paddock together, let me know.

email ff160000 "at" yahoo.com

Thanks!

Loren

Yellow ITB Golf

kbee00
06-29-2006, 10:24 PM
So let me get this right - NO ONE is going to the regional at BHF? Come on, it's my first voyage in an IT car and I want someone to wail on!!! Just kidding, of course :018: Seriously, I had hoped there would be a few VW guys/gals that I could barrage with questions...oh well, guess I"ll have to bother the FF guys....Oh, and speaking of - I am serving lunch under my red/white striped tent to any ITB racers that are hungry - you'll be sharing tent space with the FF guys but most of them are alright so no worries. Pass the word.

Loren

Yellow ITB Golf

shwah
06-29-2006, 11:33 PM
We will be there with our Golf as well. There should be a Scirocco showing up as well. Heck last time I ran there I think there were 4 or 5 VWs in ITB.

Where were you planning to paddock?

kbee00
06-30-2006, 02:58 PM
I usually paddock on the left side of the entry road - bout 1/3 of the way towards the curve. I'll be setting up Friday nite.

Look forward to meeting a fellow Golf owner.

Loren

Yellow ITB Golf

Greg Gauper
06-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I think this is probably only the second 'Firecracker' that I will be missing as either a driver, crew, or worker, in the past 30 years. Normally I would work corners for the event but it is opposite the National at IRP this year.

There is usually a pretty good IT turnout at this event. There is also a very big FF/CFF field since this is one of the events that is part of the East/West FF challange. Any time you get 25+ FF's on a tight track like Blackhawk, it gets interesting.

Have a fun safe weekend guys!

shwah
06-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks Greg. Good luck in Indy.

Loren, I will look for you on Friday evening.

I recall a good IT turnout last time I was at a Firecracker (2004), including a new lap record in ITB by one of the VWs.

kbee00
07-02-2006, 12:32 AM
I've been running with the EWC group for the past 3 years and this year looks like a good turnout too - expecting about 20+ cars. Because it is running against the IRP National, there will be some FF drivers not attending the EWC event. Too bad cause they are going to miss an awesome lunch....Looks like the ITB group will have to pick up the slack in the food line.

See you all there.

Loren

Yellow ITB Golf

shwah
07-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey Loren thanks for the great lunch on Saturday, and graciously sharing your shade with my family.

My comments on the ITB class:

Congrats to Mike on winning ITB both days, and thanks for the pointers and advice. Let me know if I can help you out in the future.

Condolences to the Black GTI who lost 2nd postion on Saturday without a chance to race for it, and apparently had a mechanical problem on Sunday. I was really looking forward to trying to race with you on Sunday!

Sorry about the difficult weekend for Bill and his Scirocco. Hope to see you in Joliet.

Finally a big thanks to everyone in P13 and back on Sunday's grid for handling the CRXs amazingly optomistic turn one move well and avoiding contact. Good job :happy204:

It was fun racing with you all, and I will see you in Joliet.

A buddy got some pictures on Sunday, here is a link to the album
Firecracker Sunday Pics (http://chicagovw.org/Old%20Events/Blackhawk%2007-06/index.html)

michael baumet
07-10-2006, 11:39 PM
It was a great weekend, enjoyed getting to know some fellow ITB guys. I was starting to think it was a dying class because of the low turn out lately. Lord willing I will be in Joilet at the end of the month and I'm hoping for a great turn out there.

Chris, I think you must have knocked nearly 4 seconds off your time from your first session to the last. congrats! I unfortunatly went the opposite direction, this new set of Avons dont seem to be as fast as last years model.
We should be on a pretty even playing field in Joilet since this will be my first time at that track as well. Thanks for the advice on my fuel enrichment problem, I may be starting to get it hammered out, I just need some time to dedicate to it, just seems like time is at a premium these days.

Bill, I feel your pain! dont give up. I struggled with similar problems for 2 years then finally hit a sweet spot and have been running well since then.

See you all soon,

Michael