PDA

View Full Version : Brat Bash

Rabbit07
06-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Hope it's not to early to inquire, but who is going?

Chris Childs
ITA Neon 07

Eagle7
06-24-2006, 01:06 PM
I hope to, but life is getting in the way of car prep.

x1/9racer
06-24-2006, 03:04 PM
If the car survives th Freedom Regional, count me in!! :D

dropkick317
06-25-2006, 11:28 AM
If the car survives th Freedom Regional, count me in!! :D
[/b]
same here!

ed325its
06-25-2006, 12:21 PM
I will be in Ohio sans car that weekend. Does anyone need a crew member for Sunday (and maybe Saturday)?
Any NER racers attending this year?

Edit - I had the dates confused as I will be in Ohio for the Freedom Regional this weekend.

R2 Racing
06-25-2006, 08:04 PM
I'll be there in ITA. I think we might actually have all four of our cars there that weekend.

Rabbit07
06-25-2006, 10:16 PM
I'll be there in ITA. I think we might actually have all four of our cars there that weekend.
[/b]

Kevin,

You have a trailer that big? :D

downingracing
06-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Won't be making that one this year. :( Too many other (family) things going on in July. Will def. be @ the Autumn Classic (co race-chair) in Sept. Hopefully will get some upgrades between Freedom and Sept.! Final drive should be here this week (Wed. or Thurs., but won't be in for the weekend.

R2 Racing
06-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Kevin,

You have a trailer that big? :D
[/b]
Ha, I wish! We'll have two in the enclosed trailer as always, one on our open trailer, and then the guy who's racing our ITS car has his own enclosed trailer. We did this at the Autumn Classic last year and it makes for one heck of a full weekend.

Matt, it's only a final drive install on a Honda. One night, tops! :eclipsee_steering:

downingracing
06-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Yea, but ya gotta be home to do it... Work/kids are running the week. Gotta get 'X' done to have the weekend free. And I'm hoping it will show up then - ah, should still be a fun weekend!

iagreen
06-26-2006, 10:18 AM
What you can't bond with the kids by showing them how to put a FD in?

I'm out for the Bash. Work makes my priorities.

R2 Racing
06-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Yea, but ya gotta be home to do it... Work/kids are running the week.[/b]
Yea, I wouldn't know anything about that. :023:

x1/9racer
07-05-2006, 12:50 PM
The car survived the Freedom Regional, I sent the entry for Brat Bash in this morning, see y'all there!!

ITA_CRX
07-06-2006, 06:56 AM
I'm sending in my entry today!!!!

I finally get to go racing this year. Now all I have to do is finish the car.

Jamie

R2 Racing
07-10-2006, 07:10 PM
All four cars will be there for sure. So is everyone ready? :happy204:

Rabbit07
07-10-2006, 09:00 PM
All four cars will be there for sure. So is everyone ready? :happy204:
[/b]

I am ready to get my butt handed to me as I always do at Mid-O. :wacko:

See you there.

Eagle7
07-11-2006, 06:42 AM
Have a great time guys. Don't forget the water and sunblock.
Car's not ready yet. See you next time.

R2 Racing
07-11-2006, 08:17 AM
I am ready to get my butt handed to me as I always do at Mid-O. :wacko: [/b]
Hey Chris, the Vegas odds are pretty good that I break my personal best lap time this weekend. :P Well, assuming it's not so freaking hot outside that the conditions are horrible.

I really hope that the weather is similar to last weekend as I ran on Toyo's (1:45.26) and want to get some good back to back data this weekend as I run Hoosiers.

Rabbit07
07-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey Chris, the Vegas odds are pretty good that I break my personal best lap time this weekend. :P Well, assuming it's not so freaking hot outside that the conditions are horrible.

I really hope that the weather is similar to last weekend as I ran on Toyo's (1:45.26) and want to get some good back to back data this weekend as I run Hoosiers.
[/b]

Kevin,

I haven't checked the weather there yet, but here it is suppose to be 90 and humid this weekend :(.

The Spec Neon guys were doing 47's on Toyo's last weekend, maybe I can turn some faster times this weekend on Hoosiers. I just need to find speed at MId-O. My best last year was a 49.1

Racerlinn
07-11-2006, 11:33 AM
I'll be interested to hear if they have done anything new with the back straight launching ramp...

R2 Racing
07-11-2006, 05:41 PM
I'll be interested to hear if they have done anything new with the back straight launching ramp...
[/b]
Still just a tire wall in front of it as of last weekend.

Mid Ohio forecast as of right now:
Saturday - Isolated T-Storms, 85°/68°, 30%
Sunday - Sunny, 88°/67°, 20%

R2 Racing
07-13-2006, 05:57 PM
New windshield installed. New and improved ballast re-installed. Roll cage additions done. Ok, I think I'm ready! :035:

Rabbit07
07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
I damaged, my freshly made air damn loading my car in the trailer yesterday, oh well I'll test it at LRP next month.....

See you there

dropkick317
07-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Washed my car today. I'm ready!

R2 Racing
07-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Despite the heat, four different ITA cars hit 1:44's last weekend (Bob Moser, Jon Marhefka, Colin Botha, and me). :119: That's insane! I remember when the ITA track record at Mid Ohio was in the 1:46's! Then there was also Jaime Quaderer, Mark Hopkins, and Alex MacDonald all hitting really, really low 1:45's too. Come September when the weather cools off, we may very well see at least seven ITA cars run under a 1:45.000. Every single one of those are in CRX's too, except for me. So I think I need to send in my letter to get more weight added to them. :P Well, either that, or find another 10whp so they don't drive around me down the back straight anymore. Mark Rushbrook (SC2) and Scott Lunder (EG Si) both ran well too in their "non-CRX's".

More proof that the CenDiv has some serious ITA cars! :eclipsee_steering: Now I just need to talk everyone into going to the ARRC this year and rolling the podium. :smilie_pokal:

Oh yea, and Rob Huffmaster chopped the ITS record down to a 1:42.9. Finally, the ITS record is under the ITA record again. Congrats to him!

Eagle7
07-17-2006, 12:24 PM
Oh yea, and Rob Huffmaster chopped the ITS record down to a 1:42.9. Finally, the ITS record is under the ITA record again. Congrats to him!
[/b]
(I wasnt' there, but) that kid's making it awfully tough to figure out whether I'm making progress or not. I'm faster every time out and I still end up farther behind him. :(

Seriously, way to go Rob. Keep beating back those pesky A cars. :happy204:

ITA_CRX
07-17-2006, 01:19 PM
...Jaime Quaderer...
... Mark Rushbrook (SC2) and Scott Lunder (EG Si) both ran well too in their "non-CRX's".
[/b]

Normally people spell my last name wrong, not my first name. <_< Jamie

I ran the 1:45.1 on the last lap of the race on Sunday. The sad part is I lifted going down the front straight. It might have been just a hair under 1:45.0. Oh well.

I had a great race both days. On Saturday I couldn&#39;t pass Scott and on Sunday I couldn&#39;t pass Mark. Now I hate them both! :lol:

I&#39;m really considering going to the race in September. It all depends on school and work.

trd771
07-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Kevin, I may be wrong but is it only an official track record if it is set in the race? Will the ITS record change to 1:42.9 since it was set in qualifying? That is just amazingly fast.

R2 Racing
07-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Normally people spell my last name wrong, not my first name. <_< Jamie[/b]
Damn, my fault! I tried too hard to get the last name right and f&#39;d up the first name. Come in September!

Kevin, I may be wrong but is it only an official track record if it is set in the race? Will the ITS record change to 1:42.9 since it was set in qualifying? That is just amazingly fast.[/b]
No, it probably won&#39;t get recognized as an official track record since it was done in qualifying. But either way, he did it, and it was awesome!

datadude
07-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Kevin, I may be wrong but is it only an official track record if it is set in the race? Will the ITS record change to 1:42.9 since it was set in qualifying? That is just amazingly fast.
[/b]

Must be set during a race.

trd771
07-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Does anyone have any in car footage from the race Sunday

R2 Racing
07-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Does anyone have any in car footage from the race Sunday
[/b]
Of which race? The ITA & ITS race? I have that, but I suck at putting videos up on the internet.

trd771
07-20-2006, 08:45 AM
either ITA or ITS. I know you had a couple cars up front. I did not get a chance to talk Brian, I think that was his name, in the ITS Prelude after Sunday&#39;s race. He was all over the ITA CRX.

R2 Racing
07-20-2006, 11:18 AM
I actually haven&#39;t even seen my video from Sunday yet. It should have a good shot of the start and Bob going off and over the crest at China Beach. After that it&#39;s three ITS cars freight training me. Then it&#39;s me being held up and blocked by an ITS car. Then making the pass on said ITS car. Followed by not much happening in front of me (you, Brian, and Jon were out a ways) but still trying to defend rediculous dive bomb attempts by aforementioned ITS car who was messing up a good race between two ITA cars while no other ITS cars were anywhere around us at all...........idiot. :bash_1_:

trd771
07-20-2006, 02:19 PM
kevin, is the ITS car your speaking of a black car?

R2 Racing
07-20-2006, 04:50 PM
kevin, is the ITS car your speaking of a black car?
[/b]
Orange and black, but not our Prelude.

trd771
07-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I know the car, seems like many people have problems with him

tom91ita
07-22-2006, 12:31 AM
so kevin, you pretty much had toyo to hoosier back to back or just a couple of weeks apart.

what is the difference in times if i can ask?

was there much difference in track or weather conditions (ambient temps., time of day, etc.)?

are you coming back in august for the nasa event? that weekend would give you the five races you need to qualify right?

tom

#91 H5, ITB

R2 Racing
07-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Yup, I did the Toyo&#39;s and the Hoosiers on back to back weekends at Mid Ohio. With the Toyo&#39;s the weather was sunny and around 80-85 degrees at race time. With the Hoosiers the weather was sunny and around 90-95 degrees at race time. The Toyo&#39;s were able to do a 1:45.26 during Sunday morning. The Hoosier&#39;s did a 1:44.80 on Sunday morning. In the heat of the afternoon, both of the tires seemed to fall off about half a second from those fast morning times. But no matter what the conditions, it seemed like the Hoosier was consistently about half a second faster than the Toyo&#39;s.

Both tires held up to whatever I was throwing at them pretty well as the hot races went on. I suppose the wierdest thing is that I swore I was destroying the front left on the Toyo&#39;s with how it fealt but then was surprised to find that it was wearing pretty similar to the left rear. Seriously, they wear like rocks. Hoosiers wore well, but after a race you could tell which tires were on the front.

One thing I was pleasantly surprised to find was that my setups really weren&#39;t that different from one tire to another. During the Toyo weekend I had to change my set up quite a bit to get them to work at all. Then for the Hoosiers, I set everything back to my old "Mid Ohio on Hoosiers settings". By the end of that weekend, I had adjusted damn near everything back to where I ended up at the end of the previous weekend. I attribute that to just the vast difference in the grip and feel at Mid Ohio versus the old pavement.

Another thing, when the car was further away from its "sweet spot" with the setup, the Hoosiers were MUCH more forgiving. If the Toyo&#39;s didn&#39;t have the car spot on, they were absolutely horrible. The Hoosiers didn&#39;t complain or fall off quite as much with a less than perfect setup.

datadude
09-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Finally got a copy of the AMB data and is now posted to mylaps - search Neohio and find the event. It is set up as one event but both days are there