PDA

View Full Version : Pig Roast - NHIS

TimM ITB
06-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Hey - am I missing something, but there seems to be very few people registered for the July 8 - 9 Pig Roast weekend at NHIS?? The event is 2 weeks away and there is a current electronic registration car count of 64?

Who's going?? Raymond and Stephen, you gonna make it?? I've been itching to have another "bumper to bumper" race weekend like Memorial Day! Tommy Kelly?? Eli and Matt? Paul C. ?? Nat?? Charlie?? Julie?? Jason? Jeff? Where is everybody??

Tim M

itracer
06-23-2006, 06:48 AM
Jeff and I will be out of town for a wedding. That's two B cars that won't be there.

Jake
06-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Unfortunately it's the same weekend as Hyperfest.

RSTPerformance
06-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Tim-

We will be at Pig Roast, just havn't signed up yet :) wanted to keep you all in suspence ;)

We have had a few busy weeks, so we havn't done anything to the cars... We do however have a big new toy that has taken tons of our time getting ready so that we can "move out" of dads.

Anyway I don't expect to be any faster than the last event at NHIS, I hope you are not either :unsure: !!!

Hummmm you just reminded me, I do need to do something about the rear end so the tires wont rub :wacko:

See you soon!!!

Raymond

PS: Not sure if you were planning on going to the July 4th event, we registered but probably wont be. $$$ are getting tighter :(

TimM ITB
06-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Raymundo;

Glad to hear you'll be at the Pig party! And I have not touched my car since Memorial Day!!! So faster?? I think not. If we are both the same speed as last time............oh boy!!

I know that this conversation has been covered in the past, and knowing that the registration fee is only a minor part of the overall cost of this "thing that we do", I still have a real tough time justifying / rationalizing the Lime Rock cost for ONLY A ONE DAY event. If we could practice and qualify on Friday and have Saturday to get all of the races in, I would take the time from work because I love the track, the area, etc. Interestingly, I rec'd an email a week or so ago that asked me if I wanted to participate in a track day at LRP on 7/3 sponsored by Driving Impressions?? If the track was available for the Monday before the race, I don't understand why we wouldn't be using that day??? I'm sure that it must have to do with costs, etc?? Don't know. It's a shame though. I know that I would have ABSOLUTELY gone if that was the case.

Hey Jeff and Jason - you're letting a wedding get in the way of racing?? Where are your priorities?? JK - have a good/safe trip, and see you soon, I hope.

later,

Tim M

67ITB
06-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Tim,
We will all be there (Eli and Julie driving, me as crew dog and Dick as a grumpy OLD man) Julies car is fixed, and ours is still about 2 days away from being done. It’s been a lot of work but I learned a bunch of new things about building an engine :( , (and pulling out fenders :bash_1_: )

See you there
Matt

Vantage #51
06-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Please add 2 Canadian cars to the not yet registered file, we have to get one car running after a very unsuccessful season start here. 12 pistons so far in 3 weekends.
Derek &Rob
Vantage Motorsports
Truro N.S.

RSTPerformance
06-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Please add 2 Canadian cars to the not yet registered file, we have to get one car running after a very unsuccessful season start here. 12 pistons so far in 3 weekends.
Derek &Rob
Vantage Motorsports
Truro N.S.
[/b]

eh... all of us "RST people" are looking forward to seeing you and the rest of you Canadians!!!

Raymond

JLawton
06-27-2006, 07:18 AM
Derek &Rob
Vantage Motorsports
Truro N.S.
[/b]

What cars are you guys bringing. I heard rumor you might have a Mazda product??

I'm going to try and make it. Car still has a ways to go before it's back together........

BobsAuto
06-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Derek & Rob, Tell the girls I can't wait to see them. It's so much fun with them in turn 3 when we all root for our guys. This should be a fun weekend!!! :happy204:

Doc Bro
06-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Wow,

Looking at the entries for NHIS and low and behold some cars are fixed. That's great!!

Welcome back Victor and Anthony and (crazy) Joe.

Glad to see you guys are up and running. Should make for some good racing.

Let's keep the accidents to a minimum....they're too damn expensive.

If things go as planned I'll be there...it may not be pretty, but it'll be there!

R

WIZARD Racing
06-28-2006, 09:57 PM
As long as I survive Mid Ohio trip weekend, I'll have the 'Scrat at the Pig Roast. Any of you ITA cars that want to skip this event, it's ok with me. It'll get me closer to the front ;)

almracing
06-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks for noticing Rob. Unfortunately my car is not back together yet. I am renting a Miata from the Flatout team. I am hoping to steer clear of any trouble (aka plenty of wave-by's). But I am looking forward to running in the Miata... I've been curious about driving one.

It will be strange to arrive and drive. That should give me more time to actually talk to my family this weekend. Rather than the usual "I need to check... Maybe if I try this...." :wacko:

Andy Bettencourt
06-29-2006, 11:11 PM
As of tonight:

ITS: 16
ITA: 25
ITB: 9
ITC: 2

Yo Doc - I don't see no Crazy Joe...but Serra is flu-less...

:)

AB

Tkczecheredflag
06-30-2006, 06:57 AM
As of tonight:

ITS: 16
ITA: 25
ITB: 9
ITC: 2

Yo Doc - I don't see no Crazy Joe...but Serra is flu-less...

AB
[/b]

Andy - Heard the Spec Me boys were trying to recruit Joe :D - Anth has a bit of the deer bug but is make oink oink noises.
I'm passing on LRP see ya all at the feast.

JLawton
07-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Yo Doc - I don't see no Crazy Joe...

AB
[/b]

Yea, once Joe heard we wouldn't let him go 8 wide into turn one, he decided to take his ball and go home!!

dominojd
07-02-2006, 11:26 AM
I am renting a Miata from the Flatout team. [/b]

I hope andy gave you a good deal.

He wanted to charge me 15,000 for the weekend but, the only good part was I got to take it home afterwards. :D

Yea, once Joe heard we wouldn't let him go 8 wide into turn one, he decided to take his ball and go home!!
[/b]

My ball is still not fixed :(

Tkczecheredflag
07-02-2006, 02:01 PM
I hope andy gave you a good deal.

He wanted to charge me 15,000 for the weekend but, the only good part was I got to take it home afterwards. :D
My ball is still not fixed :(
[/b]

Come back home Joe - I wait with open arms. :P

dominojd
07-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Come back home Joe - I wait with open arms. :P
[/b]

Aw I feel so warm and fuzzy inside. :D

Nomex95
07-03-2006, 08:03 AM
Hey Tim,

I"ll be there :happy204: had to get my car fixed after LRP :wacko: . Going to do the race on the 4th so if all goes well I will be there. Hope to see more of you then just your rear bumper.

See ya,
Charlie

ner88
07-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Did anyone notice that Saturday is North and South Chicane?
It sure would be nice to practice on Friday in that configuration.
I called the track and they didn't know and said to call back on Wednesday.

dickita15
07-03-2006, 01:27 PM
I was told that the test day is south chicane. while I like the oval better maybe testing on the chicane will make me like it more.

RSTPerformance
07-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Ok I havn't been overly excited about this weekend as we have been working so hard on the "new to us" trailer and majorly neglecting the race cars... We wont be up to par on the track, but the new trailer is so worth the time as it will be used for storage and will make our weekends better... anyway time to get ready for PIG ROAST!!!

Alan Lorenco are you really racing!!! That will be a friggen blast.

14 cars in ITB and another 20 cars in ITS... Should be interesting. Who wants to petetion for a split grid start? I am in :)

Looks like no rain and hot weather (80's). Should be interesting!!!

Raymond

BobsAuto
07-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Weather update, periods of sun and clouds, high's in the lower 80's and lows in the upper 60's. That is the weather for both days so far. Now, believe it if you want, because the forcast for today is sunny with high's in the 80's. It's currently very overcast, looks like rain and 68 for a temp. Go figure. Seriously, it really looks like a good weekend.
And expect specatators on turn 6 for sure. The camping for Nextel Cup opens up on Saturday so the race groupies will be around.

16v
07-06-2006, 07:52 AM
race groupies? B) :lol:

dazzlesa
07-06-2006, 08:24 AM
raymond split starts is a great idea. i think it would help the racing for the B boys

Andy Bettencourt
07-06-2006, 10:06 AM
New Count - Thursday AM:

ITS: 20

ITA: 28

ITB: 14

ITC: 4

ITA is the largest class - and I only see about 3-4 SM duplicates!

itracer
07-06-2006, 10:57 AM
raymond split starts is a great idea. i think it would help the racing for the B boys
[/b]

Until the B leaders catch the back markers in S and they want to "race" the B cars.

Just my opinion, since I won't be there.

lateapex911
07-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Yes, but they might realize that they are much slower since the B guys came from so far back and caught them, and give way. When they B guys start up IN the S field, it's different, and the S guys feel like they are defending a legitimate spot.

Maybe!

BobsAuto
07-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Short weather update for this weekend. Pleasant, sunny skies on Sat. Temps in the low 80's. Sunday, a bit more humid with temps in the upper 80's and a chance of a thunderstorm in the late afternoon. It is most pleasant today and I have heard the testing all morning from my garden. Sounds like it will be an awesome weekend. BTW, Raymond and Stephen will be enjoying the presence of a new crew member. He already has his uniform and will be great crew as he won't tell them what to do. He will be there to observe. Be sure to come by and meet him. :D :OLA:

dazzlesa
07-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Re split starts. the S cars that we would catch should actually be slower than us instead of similiar to us with a split start. I really think this would help.we all want to have are fun

RSTPerformance
07-07-2006, 02:39 PM
I do support having a split start or split grid for our races (even though many times it would hurt me more than it would help me...) so anyway I typed up a quick petition for drivers to sign. I will have it at the track on Saturday morning, maybe other drivers could help with getting signatures? We will have the (used but new to us) white 45' Enclosed trailer... The Audi banner will be waiving high, and the Audi's will be next to it however the trailer is still lettered with the previose owners lettering (Performance Motors Racing Team/Eric Curran, Snapdragon Motorsports, and Greenfield Auto).

Anyway stop over to sign the petition and/or grab a copy so that you can go out and get signatures!!! I think it would be fun to at least try.

Raymond

7/8/2006

Dear Chief Steward;

I am signing this petition to show support in having a split grid or split start for the ITB and ITS race. ITB and ITS have been grouped together for years at NER SCCA sanctioned events. We appreciate the consistency that NER has had with our group as we feel that this grouping has worked well as many of the drivers have had and continue to enjoy the opportunity to compete against each other. However there are areas that sometimes conflict.

Many ITB and ITS cars are held up racing against each other especially those in the front of the ITB class and those that are mid pack and back pack in the ITS class. While we enjoy competing against the fellow class whom we share the track with we would also like a better opportunity to race with our fellow classed cars/drivers.

We feel that this can be accomplished by having a split grid or a split start. This would allow the ITS cars and the ITB cars to start as a group. We do understand that ITB cars will catch some ITS cars however we do not think that this will cause any issues as passes should be easy and clean. This will also thin out the field (or stretch it out) in turn making it easier for the faster ITS cars to maneuver through the field when they start lapping other competitors. Overall this should create better and safer racing for everyone!

NER sanctioned events is always “trying new things” to make the events more enjoyable for the drivers, crew and workers. We hope that you consider our request and implement it for Saturdays and/or Sundays Races here at New Hampshire International Speedway. Thank you again for your time;

1.______________________________________________ ___________ ___________ __________________
Drivers Name: Car #: Class: Date:

2.______________________________________________ ___________ ___________ __________________

3.______________________________________________ ___________ ___________ __________________

4.______________________________________________ ___________ ___________ __________________

And the numbers keep going... Oh and also it is correctly formated with Drivers Name, Car #, Class, Date being spread across the page...

See you at the Track!!!

Raymond