PDA

View Full Version : ITR Proposal -- Many Thanks

JeffYoung
06-21-2006, 07:22 PM
I am amazed that this has almost come to pass so quickly. Thanks to all who participated:

Ron Earp, for actually doing the heavy lifting in putting together the car class list.

Jake Gulick, Andy Bettencourt, George, Dick P., Kirk Knestis, Bill Miller and others for hashing out the terms of the proposal and giving astute guidance on what the CRB would and would not accept.

Scott Giles for keeping us sane about the horsepower limits in ITR.

Ray Blethen for practical thoughts on the class, etc.

Just a great group effort. Hope I did not miss anyone. The Club owes you guys when this is all said and done. Club Racing 2010 is going to be awesome.

dickita15
06-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Please ask your directors to vote yes in August.

Bill Miller
06-21-2006, 09:45 PM
What Dick said!! Seriously folks, send those cards and letters.

Jeff,

You deserve as much credit and thanks as anyone else in the group. You did your share of heavy lifting!!! I'd also like to express my thanks to the rest of the group. It was a pleasure working w/ you folks on this, and I am still in a state of awe that we saw this in FasTrack already. The fact that this could actually happen for '07 says so many good things about how our club has changed, and where it's going! :happy204: :023: :smilie_pokal: :eclipsee_steering: And w/ any degree of luck, we may get to retire :dead_horse:

lateapex911
06-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Please ask your directors to vote yes in August.
[/b]

Dick's latest point bears repeating. Nothing is done until the Big Brass votes "yes".

In our NE area, the BoD guy is Bob Introne. He's the chairman as well, so anyone who sees him should be sure to ask for his "yes" vote. But we all should make a point to find out who our local directors are, then seek them out in some way to give them our opinion.

We're close to getting this ship launched, but it hasn't slid down the ways quite yet.

(Although, I'm confident. Note my signature. ;) )

Z3_GoCar
06-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Let me also say thanks for everyone who's done the leg work to this point. I realize that the final hurdle to clear may yet stop this in our tracks, but I for one will be willing to stand up and ask the BOD to approve this new category in the IT class, just as I've asked the CRB to do also.

As the owner for one of the poster cars for this class, I didn't seriously consider purchasing this car a year ago. For all the reasons that an orphaned, miss classed racer languishes in barns and under shade trees to slowly returning to it's natural oxidation state, I had also passed this car by, once I learned the secret that its VIN contained. That secret is two fold. First the engine bay originally held a dreaded 2.8 liter six cylinder, a monster of an engine that to quote, "exceeds the performance parameters of the class at this time!" Secondly, that this car will never be recognized by any department of transportation as eligable to be driven on public roads. You see, like a spy caught in enemy territory, BMW has disavowed all knoledge that they had made this car. This car was produced sans title, originally used as a dealer demo only, with manufacturer plates. Why would I purchase this car? Well most of us have a car that we really enjoy, there are Ford and Chevy guys, Porsche guys and Bimmerphiles. I however, am a roadster guy, but in a world of MG's and Healy's, I choose the Triumph. I choose to be my own person and go my own path, different from all others. So when the rest of the entry level racers, and many grizzled old vets too, choose to race a Miata roadster, I had to go my own way. For me the Z3 fits, but it only fits if there's a class where I have a hope of not being lap traffic. Untill ITR was even considered feasable, this car chassis was not an option. Now that it's being considered seriously I will have a place to race with the SCCA. :cavallo:

Hey Jake,

Congratulation with the new effort, and I hope to see you out there successfully developing this car in ITR.

James

Ron Earp
06-22-2006, 09:19 AM
Bill, you are completely right, Jeff did a lot of work on this thing to get it going. Good job! :happy204: His text is the text that appears in the FastTrack, word for word with respect to the ITR proposal.

I wish to build an ITR car myself, despite having huge Jensen issues, but don't know if it'll happen in 2007. And, of course, the proposal needs to go through then a lot of work starts with the technical data sheets.

Still, we're on the right track and I am pleased. I'm extremely optimistic about the class too based my conversations with various people at the race track. I've not spoken to anyone that wasn't excited about the prospect of it becoming a reality so it seems we've definitely tapped into a need here with ITR.

zracre
06-22-2006, 10:07 AM
great job by all!! :happy204: :birra:

Hotshoe
06-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Jeff did a lot of work on this thing to get it going. Good job! :happy204: His text is the text that appears in the FastTrack, word for word with respect to the ITR proposal.
I've not spoken to anyone that wasn't excited about the prospect of it becoming a reality so it seems we've definitely tapped into a need here with ITR.
[/b]

Great job to all that helped get ITR this far. Knowing how difficult life has been for Jeff Young ( TR8 Trouble ) he deserves some sort of special recognition.

Once Again ......... Thank You, Everyone !!!

Bill Miller........... I've decided not to take my ball and go elsewhere ...... lol B)

Rick

Bill Miller
06-22-2006, 11:42 AM
Great job to all that helped get ITR this far. Knowing how difficult life has been for Jeff Young ( TR8 Trouble ) he deserves some sort of special recognition.

Once Again ......... Thank You, Everyone !!!

Bill Miller........... I decided not take my ball and go elsewhere ...... lol B)

Rick
[/b]

Glad to hear it Rick! :023:

Off to Summit Point!