PDA

View Full Version : R-180 limited slip

terry
06-15-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm thinking about buying a clutch limited slip for my 240z. Seller states the break away is set at 45lbs. Is 45 lbs the way to go or is there an advantages of setting the break away higher or lower?

Thanks Terry

zchris
06-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Go lower as the car will tend to feel like it has a spool with that much preload. You know, push on corner entry and oversteer on corner exit. Might as well use a spool with that much preload. Also change the ramp angle from 45 to 30 degrees to get quicker lockup on corner exit. Some will tell you otherwise.

kthomas
06-16-2006, 11:49 AM
45 is about the stock value. Back when NISMO actually employed people that knew something about their race parts they recommended about 105 for our application. We ran as low as 75 to no detriment, and I preferred that versus anything over 105.

I'd be willing to try the stock setup and see if you get wheelspin out of slow corners. If not, should be fine.

Find a 300-325 degree tranny/diff temp guage and install it. Let me know when you break the needle off. Then I'll tell you how to fix your heat problem.

terry
06-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the info katman. I probubly will not be able to get the limited slip set up until the race in August. I think I'll see if I can get the diff close to the 75 to 90lbs range and try it. If I lie to you and say the diff temp went north of 375 would you disclose your secret of cooling the diff. thanks again for the info

Terry

terry
06-20-2006, 03:14 PM
What oil and or additives would be recomended for a limited slip?

Terry