PDA

View Full Version : camber/caster ?

Grumpa
06-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Talked to my Hoosier rep about camber which brought to the front of my pea brain the question of caster. I put GC camber/caster plates on my itc A1 and my inquiry is this: Where the heck do I set the caster?? Hoosier rep told me the new R6 may be able to run 1.75-2 degrees camber, he's waiting for feedback from an itb Golf owner. I have 600# front springs/no bar and 350# rear with a bar - diameter eludes me at the moment. Front control arms are parallel to the tarmac while the rearend is as low as I can run without tire rub issues. Fire away, A1 Gurus, as all advice is welcome.

I talked to two different wheel distributors and - surprise - got two different offset figures, 28mm and 38mm. I have a '79 American built Rabbit. Help on this issue appreciated.

JamesB
06-15-2006, 12:35 PM
The only way to change caster on a A1-A3 VW is to set it when your positioning your camber plates. I dont know anyone out there that makes caster/camber plate for the VW.

Bill Miller
06-15-2006, 12:40 PM
I've seen camber/caster plates, but I forget who makes them. If you don't have them, there's no way to adjust caster on an A1 VW.

Conover
06-15-2006, 12:59 PM
I put GC camber/caster plates on my itc A1 and my inquiry is this: Where the heck do I set the caster??
[/b]

Uh, he says he's got em already.
I think the stock caster in those cars is like .5* You wont be needing too much but a little added caster wouldn't hurt. maybe a little over a degree. ..