PDA

View Full Version : SAE Suspension Setup Course

gsbaker
06-14-2006, 05:22 PM
FYI...

It just hit my in box:

Hands-on Racecar Suspension Set-up Seminar
When: June 26-27, 2006
Where: Lanier Technical College - Oakwood, Georgia, USA New location!
Instructor: John Glimmerveen

One of the most critical yet generally misunderstood aspects of a consistent, winning racecar is optimum suspension setup. While many drivers and mechanics understand the basic adjustable parameters and their functions, few have mastered the ability to optimize those variables for specific vehicles and racing conditions.

This course is designed to provide participants with a sound understanding of suspension adjustment theory along with supervised hands-on experience performing proven suspension set-up procedures. All necessary tools and equipment will be provided including demonstration cars for setup. With further practice, participants should be equipped to master the physical attributes required to perform correct setup procedures in a repeatable and consistent fashion.

The Oakwood, Georgia offering is held at Lanier Technical College, located approximately 45 minutes from the Atlanta airport and just 15 minutes from Road Atlanta. Because Lanier Technical College specializes in Motorsports Vehicle Technology, their facilities feature expansive garage space, all required tools, and an array of race cars including: IRL G-Force Indy car, Nextel Cup Chevrolet, Panoz Esperante GT2, FJ1200 Yamaha-powered Legend, Busch Pontiac, and Nissan touring car (under construction). In addition, various static models are on hand for suspension training, including full geometry modeling utilizing Lotus Suspension Analysis software.

This course is designed for drivers, mechanics, crew chiefs, and race engineers who are involved with SCCA, HSR, and SVRA activities; designers, engineers, and trainers from major automotive manufacturers; and one make performance car club members.

To register for this seminar, click here or for more information contact SAE Customer Service at 1-877-606-7323, or [email protected]

Registration information: I.D.# C0413; Fees: $1,395; SAE Members: $1,275; 1.3 CEUs

Geo
06-15-2006, 09:23 PM
ARGH!!!!!

I have a family obligation that weekend. Man I'd love to go to that.

lateapex911
06-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Yea...sounds cool. Too bad i can't talk my boss (and car owner) into paying for the trip and course,....a tad pricey. I'm sure it's worth it, but ouch!