PDA

View Full Version : Crew pass question

gran racing
06-13-2006, 10:41 AM
In addition to Lime Rock’s track rental fees increasing, the cost for spectators to attend SCCA events has also increased. :angry: If purchased in advance, the gate price is $15. If purchased at the gate, its $20. I realize that’s an absolute bargain to watch the best racing series in America, but it still hurts a bit.

In regards to the amount of crew allowed by each entrant, does the track limit the region hosting the event to a specific number? I would imagine so, but figured I’d ask.

Greg Amy
06-13-2006, 12:44 PM
I don't know the answer to your question. However, I am very confident that if you coordinate with your peers in advance, you can be reasonably confident that there will always be someone else "looking to fill those extra crew slots."

After all, who can't "use more crew"?

Greg

lateapex911
06-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Actually, I can make it up Sat and am dying to see some racing...any crew spots avail???

thanks-

gran racing
06-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah I know Greg, its just one of those things I was thinking about while working on the car.

While I meant this as a general question, if anyone has two (or even one) spot available, please let me know. Thanks!

Andy Bettencourt
06-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Actually, I can make it up Sat and am dying to see some racing...any crew spots avail???

thanks- [/b]

I will put you on mine.

AB

RSTPerformance
06-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah I know Greg, its just one of those things I was thinking about while working on the car.

While I meant this as a general question, if anyone has two (or even one) spot available, please let me know. Thanks!
[/b]

Dave-

call me or send me a "text" message to my phone 603-738-6686 with your number and I will call you friday. We havn't got our crew amount figured out yet, however I think for this event you can have as much crew as you want??? I will look into it. I will be at the track Friday morning for the school :) If you find alternate means and you don't call me then find me for a drink when you get to the track... (your camping friday night?) We need to catch up!!!

Raymond

lateapex911
06-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I will put you on mine.

AB
[/b]
Thanks Andy!

But I got a private email 5 minutes after I posted from Lou I offering, so i accepted. Thanks, but use the slot for someone else in need!

gran racing
06-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Nah, I'm not camping but I'll certainly track you down for a drink on Sat.

Bill Miller
06-14-2006, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure how LRP or any other track does it, but at Summit Point, to get your entry fee back on a crew pass, you actually have to go to registration, sign in, and then give a ticket to one of the track staff that gives you your money back. The point is, to qualify for a crew pass, you've got to be an SCCA member, otherwise, no refund. Again, not sure how other tracks do it, but I would imagine that it's similar, for insurance reasons.

gran racing
06-14-2006, 08:56 AM
The point is, to qualify for a crew pass, you've got to be an SCCA member, otherwise, no refund.[/b]

Bill, you certainly would know this rule at Summit better than I, but the two labor day events I've been to at Summit did not require crew to be SCCA members. In fact, none of my crew or Jake Fisher's crew was a member. We also were not present when some of them signed in as crew.

Bill Miller
06-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Bill, you certainly would know this rule at Summit better than I, but the two labor day events I've been to at Summit did not require crew to be SCCA members. In fact, none of my crew or Jake Fisher's crew was a member. We also were not present when some of them signed in as crew.
[/b]

Dave,

I'm just going by my previous experience at Summit. It's possible that they paid for the $10 'event' membership. Or maybe it's that you can't get a hot-pit pass if you're not a member? I've never had crew that didn't get hot-pit access, so maybe that's what I'm thinking of. That would certainly make sense from an insurance standpoint.

JLawton
06-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I "believe" (at least in NER) that you need to be a member to go into the hot pits. And that there is no charge for crew, either for member or non-member.
NER also has a free 90 day membership that you can get when you sign in.

JamesB
06-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Rules of crew passes (I have been on many and given out many.) Crew is designated by the driver registering, so far I always get 3 free passes running in the MARRS series. Any adult or minor with a proper waiver can sign in under a crew pass. HOT passes are only given to SCCA members, a 'trail/event' membership can be purchased at that time for 10 dollars OR you can pay for a full membership right there for the normal full member cost.

Even M4 I had one SCCA member and one non member on my crew list, neither had issues. If you miss registration you have to get a refundable ticket, if you dont ask for the refundable at the gate you won't get your money back.

VIR was different, drivers during registration had a sheet of gate passes to print out and fill in the blanks to be shown at the gate and handed in when you registered. I dont think the gate passes where accepted after the morning of friday.

dickita15
06-14-2006, 02:38 PM
ner also will issue crew passes to either members or no members however at our two track they will not give refunds under any condition so you must be there when registration is open.

JamesB
06-14-2006, 02:48 PM
I think that was the thing with VIR and the gate pass. Otherwise you had to buy a non-refundable ticket. At Summit Point anyone entering as crew or driver must give 25 and they get it back at registration.

ggnagy
06-14-2006, 03:17 PM
I think that was the thing with VIR and the gate pass. Otherwise you had to buy a non-refundable ticket. At Summit Point anyone entering as crew or driver must give 25 and they get it back at registration.
[/b]

Close.... but.... @SP, if you come in on friday evening AFTER test day is over and registration is open, there does not seem to be a charge at the gate. I have done this as a driver while towing a race car and as a worker not towing a race car. Crew in the tow vehicle were also not charged at the gate. However, you can't get past Donnie without wristbands for everyone. I never had a need to try to sneak in via baker.

JamesB
06-14-2006, 03:55 PM
I guess cuz I always arrive at the highest time of confusions that donnie just does it to CYA. But I have in the past show up during lesser confusing times and had not been asked to pay for a refundable.

Bill Miller
06-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Close.... but.... @SP, if you come in on friday evening AFTER test day is over and registration is open, there does not seem to be a charge at the gate. I have done this as a driver while towing a race car and as a worker not towing a race car. Crew in the tow vehicle were also not charged at the gate. However, you can't get past Donnie without wristbands for everyone. I never had a need to try to sneak in via baker.
[/b]

Yeah, but if you hook Donnie up, you can usually get by w/o a paddock pass for your car!! ;)

JamesB
06-14-2006, 04:07 PM
hehehe, I didnt have a paddock pass last year. This year I get one cuz well I am registered. But hes never stopped me from going into the paddock without the sticker on the truck yet.