PDA

View Full Version : Caster/Camber,Toe

Darryl Pritchett
06-13-2006, 10:04 AM
I am gettng ready to order some camber plates from GC, looking for some help on the best settings for the above. I like the car to feel loose and rotate without forcing the issue with trail braking or unhooking the front sway bar.

Rabbit07
06-13-2006, 10:15 AM
What Tracks? What spring rates? What Sway Bars? What Shocks? What Tires?

I have the Mopar IT Suspension and run Hoosiers. I run about 2.5 degrees of caster because thats all I can get. between -3.5 and -4 degrees of Camber and between -1/8 to 1/8 toe. It depends on where I am racing as to how I set it up.

It is very tough to get the Neon to be loose. It takes playing with the set up. Even if you get it loose on turn in when you hit the gas it will straighten out.

Running 225's up front and 205's in the back helps keep it looser.

Cheers!

Darryl Pritchett
06-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Presently I am running stock ACR suspension with Toyo tires and the run on Sebring, Daytona, Moroso & Roebling.

I am switching to Hoosiers when the Toyo's wear out. Probably around the first of the year I will be switching the suspension to Koni's and GC coil overs on all four corners and will have camber plates on all four corners.

I had considered running Hoosier's on the front and Toyo's on the back to help it rotate.. Any thoughts?

Rabbit07
06-13-2006, 11:24 AM
I am not a fan of running different compounds front and rear. however, I have a friend that has had good luck running Kuhmo 710's on the front and Toyo's on the back :unsure:

For the longer tracks with more time in top gear ie Sebring, I would run 0 to 1/8 in on toe, so as to not cause drag. Camber comes with tire temp and handling. The temps get in the range and then dial it in from there. A bit warmer on the inside edge of the fronts will usually yield the best results. You can play with tire pressure and camber settings on the back to help it rotate.

Keep in mind that the Koni's are not usually valved correctly to deal with the higher spring rates that IT cars tend to run. You may end up under dampened. Currently I am running 450's up front and 325's in the back.

I have the Trunk kit sway bar on the rear and the 22mm up front.