PDA

View Full Version : Is it an ACR?

backformore
06-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Is there a way to confirm, preferably with the VIN, that a car is an ACR version? If I was starting with a non-SSC car, I'd like to start with an ACR for the brakes, steering, and gear/final ratios. I like to go to the auctions, and the folks there do not always know what they have so if an ACR came along, it could be had for a good price.

So, again, anyway to confirm?

Thanks

Darryl Pritchett
06-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Go to www.neons.org and then click on neon FAQ on the right side. This tells many ways to distinguish an ACR for others.

backformore
06-09-2006, 07:24 AM
I looked there, but I did not see anything like a VIN code or other definitive method.

sstecker
06-09-2006, 11:23 AM
I looked there, but I did not see anything like a VIN code or other definitive method.
[/b]

turn front wheels left - look at tranny code inside drivers side wheel well - confirms tranny gearing/final ratio
look at rear brakes - discs or drums
look at strut tops - adjustable or not <some acr did not have adjustables though but easily bought
only thing a pain to confirm would be steering rack ratio

even if theres a vin way to detect for acr, check tranny code - these things get swapped a lot

backformore
06-09-2006, 10:14 PM
What exactly am I looking for in the tranny code?

sstecker
06-10-2006, 12:31 PM
What exactly am I looking for in the tranny code?
[/b]

http://www.neons.org/forumdodge/trans.htm

look at production part #s. theres a little plaque on the tranny, inside wheel well, wipe it off and find the #s.

tranny options;
you get either a 3.55 final drive or 3.94

tand a .72 5th gear or a .81 5th gear

acr had the .81/3.94
some RTs had the .81/3.94

GregM
06-15-2006, 09:45 PM
There are two very good ACR&#39;s for sale. One is Randy Papa&#39;s in Ct. 95 Red ACR with a Marren Motor and some other goddies race ready and the other is Edwin from Raceshopper.com a 95 ACR with an IT crate motor , limited slip and lots of wheels.

I can send you the contact info. if interested.