PDA

View Full Version : Need crew help at Mid OH 22-25 June

PDoane
06-07-2006, 06:02 AM
My partner and I have raced against each other in ITA here in the Northeast for a few years and have spent the last 3 months putting together a BMW 330ci Grand Am Cup car. We are planning to race it for the first time at Mid Oh in June and could really use some crew help for any of the 4 days, but especially the 2.5 hour race on Sun.

I'm afraid we can't offer any pay other than food and credentials.

If you are insterested contact [email protected]

Thanks

Gregg
06-07-2006, 12:20 PM
If it wasn't the same weekend as the Summit 12hr I'd be there to help you all out.

Good luck w/ the new venture!

R2 Racing
06-07-2006, 03:01 PM
I'll already be there crewing for another GAC team, but I do have some friends I could pass this along to. They're all pretty young guys who are good with a wrench in their hand. But I have to ask, would they need their own safety gear and what not if they're crewing during the race? Let me know, and I'll pass this along.

RacerBill
06-08-2006, 06:08 AM
Peter: I am responding to your request at the email you included. Hope to be able to help.

PDoane
06-08-2006, 07:10 AM
Everyone over the wall for the hot pit stop (driver change is required by the rules, fuel is necessary over 2.5 hours) has to have nomex and gloves. GA doesn't require helmets for the crew.

Fueler and fire bottle person also have to have balaclava and goggles. Any time fuel is transfered, it has to be 2 people, in safety gear, with a fire bottle.

Max qty of crew over the wall is 4. The fire bottle guy and the one helping the driver exchange don't count toward the 4, but can't touch the car. There also has to be one person on the deadman valve of the fuel rig.

Help that already has nomex would obviously be preferred, but we will supply loaners for those that don't.

RacerBill
06-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Peter: I responded to your email address you published.

Please let me know so I can make vacation plans.

Have Nomex, Will Travel! (for those old enough to remember)

How many crew spots do you have? My crew chief might like to come up for a day or two. Been fixin' my food for 15 years and I ain't dead, and have to watch my weight!

BTW, I am a transplant from NYC, close enough to Jersey!

PDoane
06-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Just a fuel stop needs 3 people (fueler, fire bottle, deadman). Fresh tires should be able to go the whole race so only a weather change (dry-to-rain or vice versa) or a flat would force any kind of tire change.

When we made our reconn trip to the Lime Rock race, we saw several teams "sharing" fire bottle and deadman folks, so we are thinking at least 2/no more than 4 helpers on Sun.

Bill has agreed to work Thurs, Fri, and Sun so 2-3 more for Sat/Sun would be great.

Thanks

PDoane
06-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the offers to help, but we blew a rad exp tank during the shakedown at Summit point the day before we were due to leave for OH. Didn't want to go all that way and have it happen again. Now we are shooting to debut the car at Barber in July.