PDA

View Full Version : ITB NARRC/NERRC/NYSRRC Unofficial Points

RSTPerformance
06-06-2006, 09:30 PM
NARRC: Unoffical Season points after 5 races 6/6/06 - With "dropped" races and some top dogs still with zero races things should be very interesting come the end of the season.

55 Raymond Blethen IV
54 Stephen Blethen
46 Tim Mullen
30 Charles Gerundo
20 Paul Curran
20 Thomas Kelly
17 Rick Benazic
16 Jason Benagh
14 Marios Tinis
14 Julie Melbin
13 Robert Clifton
11 Nat Wentworth
10 Eli Garrett
10 Jeffrey Benagh
10 Steven Miller
9 Dave Zaslow
8 Richard Ford
8 Michael Reece
8 Beran Peter
5 Matthew Baldoni

NERRC: Unoffical Season points after 4 races 6/6/06 - With "dropped" races and some top dogs still with zero races things should be very interesting come the end of the season.

37 Tim Mullen
35 Raymond Blethen IV
28 Stephen Blethen
27 Paul Curran
25 Thomas Kelly
17 Charles Gerundo
17 Jason Benagh
16 Julie Melbin
10 Steven Miller
9 Beran Peter
8 Nat Wentworth
7 Eli Garrett
6 Jeffrey Benagh
5 Richard Ford
1 Matthew Baldoni

NYSRRC: Unoffical Season points after 2 races 6/6/06 With some top dogs still with zero races things should be very interesting come the end of the season.

42 Stephen Blethen
38 Raymond Blethen IV
27 Tim Mullen
27 Rick Benazic
21 Charles Gerundo
14 Marios Tinis
12 Robert Clifton
7 Dave Zaslow
3 Michael Reece

my spreadsheet can be found at:

http://www.rstperformance.com/season%20points%2006.xls

Looking forward to racing with all of you this year!!!

Raymond

dazzlesa
06-07-2006, 09:11 AM
i might be able to make the 8 races in itb, so it could be fun to watch it play out in narrc points

67ITB
06-07-2006, 09:15 AM
WOW!!!!
I get 5 NARRC points just for qualifying and smacking the wall.

Thanks for adding insult to (car) injury

Matt Bal

dazzlesa
06-07-2006, 09:27 AM
nice job matt! :(

RSTPerformance
06-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Matt-

If I am correct you get 1 point for a start, and 4 points for a track bonus, that = 5 points

I would think an insult would have been to leave you off the list??? You guys have the Yellow beast running fast this year, I think that you could be one of the contenders at any race you are at!!!

Rick- I certainly think you will make things VERY interesting.... Along with the people who already have proven themselves this year (Matt/Eli your on that list) thier are a few people who still have no points but IMO have or will likely win a few races against the current line up of drivers/cars: Scott Carlson, Jim McMahn, Derek Lugar, Rob McCabe, Dave Gran, Travis Wahay, Richard Gleason, Donald Thompson, Phil Hunt, wholly cow, the list keeps going on and on...

Raymond "I really think this is going to be interesting come August/September" Blethen

RSTPerformance
06-26-2006, 10:02 PM
My website is updated, let me know if you see any errors!!!

I still think that with some of us coming close to reaching out limit on races and others whome have yet to compete things could certainly get interesting!!!

Raymond

RSTPerformance
07-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Tim- This is a post in reply to your post on another forum...

My link for points is updated with exception f the 7/4/06 race at Lime Rock... Knowone seems to have results for that race, maybe it didn' count? not sure (ok that is sarcastic...)

Anyway follow the link below and you will see you are very much in the hunt for NERRC and NARRC... I think we will have a fun end of season!!!

When looking at the NARRC points don't forget that you still have a massive 12 point bonus if you go to one more "track" (Lime Rock) which will put you at about the same amount of points as Stephen... Only downside is I can still get 3 races worth of points before dropping races and you and stephen can only get 2 more races... Things look good for us but we need results to compete with your consistancy.

NERRC is another story, that will be a very close battle come the end of the season, especially since we are skipping a few races. NERRC has lacked on getting up 06 rules so I imagine their have not been any changes, IE: 7 races count toward points. It would be fustrating and unprofessional if they changed the rules now. Maybe Brian M can chime in with the official 06 rules for NER points since it is not listed anyplace.
EDIT: NER website is updated with the rules... just looked it up, earlier in the season it was not updated, so the rules posted on my "scorecard" are not accurate... looks like you should be able to skip WG and still win!!! I am going to refrain from complaining about the rules being posted half way through the season, as that is a constant fustration with many different organizations...

* one think I ask is that my results/points are completely unofficial and are based on the results that I am aware of... I do this spreadsheet because the points list that is provided by NERRC and NARRC is horibly outdated on the websites.

Raymond

BobsAuto
07-14-2006, 06:09 AM
Wow, Raymond, can you imagine how this would have looked if you guys had finished the races at the Pig Roast and could have gone to the Glen? I am most impressed with the close points spread this year. I can see that the races toward the end will be very nerve wracking for the crews involved, let alone the drivers! Trackside, crew feels so helpless at that point! Go for it!
Looking forward to being trackside for the rest of the year.

RSTPerformance
08-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Ok just to get the thoughts rolling through peoples heads... Here is how the end of season is starting to shape up for the NARRC Championship... Current Points for the top 11 all whom could still win the championship.

Raymond Blethen IV 83
Stephen Blethen 77
Tim Mullen 75
Charles Gerundo 57
Paul Curran 53
Rick Benazic 42
Thomas Kelly 33
Dave Zaslow 28
Rob McCabe 27
Derek Lugar 27
Michael Reece 26

I think that the following have a good opportunity to steal some thunder...

Raymond Blethen IV :rolleyes: 83 points
I have had a strong start, but I have had 3 races with 0 points, if that trend continues I am in trouble, big trouble. All 3 of the remaining races count in the points race for me... Distinct advantage.

Stephen Blethen :cavallo: 77 points
Stephen has 2 more races that count towards points. With a new engine and new suspension that has already proven to be better on my car, this could be the car to beat at the NARRC Runoffs, seriose gain in points over his brother... Big disadvantage, only 2 races count towards points. How will Cheep Date treat us both?

Tim Mullen :eclipsee_steering: 75
Tim has a lot of consistant top 3 finishes, and a win would certainly help. Tim also has very few 0 point races in his career, if Raymond and stephen slip up once more this season he could easily sneak past.

Charles Gerundo B) 57
Charles is certainly in the hunt with his consistant top 5 finishes. He has a lot of races with points so he will drop points whenever he gains some thus the points gains are not going to be as high for him. He will need to step up the pace in the remaining races to steal away the podium and/or even hold on to a top 5 points finish, should be interesting to watch!!!

Paul Curran :OLA: 53
Paul has the Volvo running strong, as proven at the last race with a pole position and a victory. Paul has some ground to catch, but it is certainly feasable considering the amount of wierd twists and turns this season has brought upon the ITB group.

Rick Benazic :ph34r: 42
A quite little car with a lot of opportunity. Rick is far behind in the points but don't let that fool you. If he runs at NHIS with the ITB car he stands a great chance at winning, and he will gain 12 track bonus points just for starting. If Rick were to win the next 3 races (wich he could with that car and his driving abilities) he could gain 63 points :119:

With the points race so close who will win? We still have some top guns (Derek, Rob, Jim, Travis, Eli/Matt, Tom, Scott, Michael and more) to add to the mix and really add a challenge. If anyone lets them get infront and earn valuable points that you need you may find yourself quickly swept off the podium!!!

Hope you enjoy the excitement!!!

Raymond

* Points are calculated from my spreadsheet of points based on the results I have gotten. They are unofficial points standings that I keep because the "Official" points always seem to be a few months behind. A copy of my results can be found at www.rstperformance.com/season%20points%2006.xls

Andy Bettencourt
08-24-2006, 11:22 PM
The only 3 tracks eligible for the 12 bonus points are NHIS, LRP and Pocono. The WGI race is exempt from that bonus. That is why you only see 8 points in the official NARRC sheet for Curran...I am not sure why but I remember seeing something about it. Patullo?

RSTPerformance
08-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Thanks Andy for the catch, I did not notice that before... That changes things up a bit, so I updated the spreadsheet and my post above, thanks again Andy...

Raymond "Sorry" Blethen

16v
08-25-2006, 12:40 AM
I do this spreadsheet because the points list that is provided by NERRC and NARRC is horibly outdated on the websites.

Raymond
[/b]

hey hey! I update ner.org when the stats are provided (every month or so)

The latest NERRC standings came out last week http://www.ner.org/RR1/06/POINTS_2006.pdf

RSTPerformance
08-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Doug, not the webmasters or the pointskeepers fault... I know you update things as soon as you get it. Website looks great!!!

Keepong the points is an awful job IMO. I have found that its enough work for me just doing ITB!!!

I must say look at the date of that post, NER has proven to be on top of things for the 2nd half of the year ;) and NARRC and NYSRRC is almoast up to date when things happen also as of recently... :happy204:

Raymond

BobsAuto
08-26-2006, 09:54 PM
I wonder if Greg Amy realizes that he is currently in 5th place overall for all classes in the NARRC? Yeh, I mean out of ALL drivers in the NARRC, 5th. Not bad. Raymond, you are in the top 10, I believe....

Eric Parham
09-03-2006, 12:53 AM
I've noticed some errors in the NERRC points. In ITC, for example, 7 drivers are credited with points finishes (and some track bonus points) for the 6/17 ITC race at Lime Rock, which actually only saw 3 starters and 2 finishers (although 7 originally registered). I also see a probable error in ITB for that date, where Raymond seems to have earned points under an alias ;)

The 2006 NERRC rules also seem to have a few issues:

1) How many races are actually in the series? I count 11, including the 5/28 qualifying race from the NERRC triple, and including the 7/23 NERRC race at the Glen (specified as NERRC in the NER calendar as well as in the Glen entry form).

2) The 2006 rules state "Totaling the points from NINE of TEN races in the series." If the actual count is 11, do we still total the points from 9 of 11 races?

3) The 2006 rules also state "Each competitor that runs both tracks, in the same class, will receive 4 bonus points." Are 4 more bonus points to be awarded for running the third track?

RSTPerformance
09-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Eric-

Good points... also I think I noticed an error at the Glen race with Paul Currens awarded points. Need to talk to the points keeper....

Raymond

Tkczecheredflag
09-03-2006, 01:18 PM
The only 3 tracks eligible for the 12 bonus points are NHIS, LRP and Pocono. The WGI race is exempt from that bonus. That is why you only see 8 points in the official NARRC sheet for Curran...I am not sure why but I remember seeing something about it. Patullo?
[/b]

PIECES FOR THE '06 RULES

2006 Rules

red is an update

SERIES: The NARRC Series is comprised of races hosted by the four Regions that race at Lime Rock Park; Mohawk-Hudson, New England, New York, and Northern New Jersey. It includes designated SCCA-NARRC races at three (3) circuits: Pocono, PA; Lime Rock Park, CT; and New Hampshire International Speedway. NOTE: The NARRC Series decal, to be available at all NARRC events should be prominently displayed on each side of all competing vehicles in an appropriate manner.

PLUS - ALL UPDATED NOTED THST WERE IN RED.

Totals = Finishing points earned in the best eight (8) class finishes of all NARRC races held + plus one extra point for each start per the final, official Timing & Scoring results, + bonus points awarded in the following manner. Four (4) bonus points one start at one circuit; four (4) additional bonus points for one start at a 2nd circuit; and 12 additional bonus points for one start at a 3rd circuit. (4 + 4 + 12 = 20 bonus points maximum).

NOTE; Bonus points are only available at races sanctioned by the four Regions comprising NARRC.

NOT SURE WHY WGI IS NOT IN THE BONUS - WAS IT NOT SANCTIONED BY ALL FOUR REGIONS???

dickita15
09-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Tim sanctioned has a specific definition. Only races sanctioned (run by) by ONE of the four Narrc regions can earn you track bonus points.
This was added to make it easier to run some outlying racetracks for Narrc points without making someone tow to a distant track in order to compete in the championship.

Tkczecheredflag
09-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Tim sanctioned has a specific definition. Only races sanctioned (run by) by ONE of the four Narrc regions can earn you track bonus points.
This was added to make it easier to run some outlying racetracks for Narrc points without making someone tow to a distant track in order to compete in the championship.
[/b]
It's interesting. I have to tell you, I thought that WGI was a bonus track. Reading the text it does not mention WGI but some how I got it in my head that The Glenn was a "3rd" track. That being said I knew I would not be able to make WGI so I chose Pocono. Did anyone elsr think The Glen was a bonus 3rd or just me?? My guess is that the bonus 3rd might draw more cars to The Glen - No?? Why is WGI a NARRC race but not eligible for the 3rd track bonus? Just curious how that works?

Greg Amy
09-04-2006, 09:04 AM
First, a clarification: it appears that Raymond and Eric are discussing NERRC, while Tim and Dick are discussing NARRC.

Believe me, I understand the confusion. I'm still not clear myself. I admit to not paying too much attention to the NERRC series, simply because it's just too much to keep track of. I just read the NERRC rules, and I also am unclear as to which tracks/events count. DO they follow the NARRC's 12-9-7-6-and so forth then add points for starts and finishes? From here on out it'll just be a matter of giving it our best shot and seeing how the numbers come out...

Tim, I was initially unclear as to which tracks counted for NARRC points; however I eventually figured it out. This was not due to anything explicitly stated on the NARRC web pages, but due to having downloaded the first points update after the first NHIS event. The points spreadsheet that Maureen posts lists all the races for the year, and the results. Thus, one could easily look at the spreadsheet to see which races count towards NARRC points (and which don't, e.g., last week's NHIS event.)

As for NERRC tracks, it's only NER sanctions so that should be easy enough to figure out. I believe NER sanctions this weekend's NHIS double but not the NARRC Runoffs...? If so, the NERRC championships will be decided this weekend, and the NARRC at the Runoffs.

Greg

Eric Parham
09-04-2006, 11:41 AM
First, a clarification: it appears that Raymond and Eric are discussing NERRC, while Tim and Dick are discussing NARRC.[/b]
You are correct, sir.

Believe me, I understand the confusion. I'm still not clear myself. I admit to not paying too much attention to the NERRC series, simply because it's just too much to keep track of. I just read the NERRC rules, and I also am unclear as to which tracks/events count. DO they follow the NARRC's 12-9-7-6-and so forth then add points for starts and finishes? From here on out it'll just be a matter of giving it our best shot and seeing how the numbers come out...[/b]
I think that's exactly how NERRC works, except that the bonus track points add differently than for NARRC, and more races count for NERRC (still not sure whether 9 or 10).

Tim, I was initially unclear as to which tracks counted for NARRC points; however I eventually figured it out. This was not due to anything explicitly stated on the NARRC web pages, but due to having downloaded the first points update after the first NHIS event. The points spreadsheet that Maureen posts lists all the races for the year, and the results. Thus, one could easily look at the spreadsheet to see which races count towards NARRC points (and which don't, e.g., last week's NHIS event.)[/b]
I was unsure too, so I asked (only after I had committed to running the Glen race, though). That's when NARRC made the clarification that the Glen would not count for track bonus points.

As for NERRC tracks, it's only NER sanctions so that should be easy enough to figure out. I believe NER sanctions this weekend's NHIS double but not the NARRC Runoffs...? If so, the NERRC championships will be decided this weekend, and the NARRC at the Runoffs.[/b]
I'd almost buy that. But, consider that your use of the word "sanctions", in light of Dick's definition ("run by" NER), would leave no explanation for why the Glen race, which was "run by" Glen region IIRC, actually counts for NERRC points (that is, at least for finish points; track bonus points still unknown but not as big a deal as for NARRC since NERRC would only have 4 points at stake rather than NARRC's 12).

dickita15
09-04-2006, 02:10 PM
I'd almost buy that. But, consider that your use of the word "sanctions", in light of Dick's definition ("run by" NER), would leave no explanation for why the Glen race, which was "run by" Glen region IIRC, actually counts for NERRC points (that is, at least for finish points; track bonus points still unknown but not as big a deal as for NARRC since NERRC would only have 4 points at stake rather than NARRC's 12).
[/b]
Eric again my statement about sanctions and bonus points only applies to Narrc. The Narrc rules process is structured as it takes all four region’s cooperation and they can only make decisions at the two meetings a year, November and March.

The Nerrc process is much simpler as it is NER’s series. NER runs all the races at NHIS and two weekends at LRP (one which has been a National so no NERRC points). The Glen race was added a couple of years ago because it was fun and NYSRRC reciprocated by making the august NH race a Nysrrc.

Tkczecheredflag
09-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Tim, I was initially unclear as to which tracks counted for NARRC points; however I eventually figured it out. This was not due to anything explicitly stated on the NARRC web pages,
[/b]
Greg - It actually does say it in the rules but like the "race supps", I didn't read them very carefully.

SERIES: The NARRC Series is comprised of races hosted by the four Regions that race at Lime Rock Park; Mohawk-Hudson, New England, New York, and Northern New Jersey. It includes designated SCCA-NARRC races at three (3) circuits: Pocono, PA; Lime Rock Park, CT; and New Hampshire International Speedway.

Although with WGI on the schedule it confused me (done pretty easily).

Eric Parham
09-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Eric again my statement about sanctions and bonus points only applies to Narrc.[/b]
Dick, understood, and didn't mean to imply otherwise. I was merely trying to draw attention to what I believe is your correct definition for the term "sanctioned" = "run by", but pointing out that the WGI race for NERRC (and NARRC) points was not actually "run by" NER.

RSTPerformance
09-04-2006, 10:47 PM
so is that 9 or 10 races for the NERRC that count?

Stephen

Tkczecheredflag
09-05-2006, 07:02 AM
The points spreadsheet that Maureen posts lists all the races for the year, and the results. Thus, one could easily look at the spreadsheet to see which races count towards NARRC points (and which don't, e.g., last week's NHIS event.)
[/b]

Greg - As I follow the NARRC points spreadsheet, I never noticed the statement at the top of each spreadsheet proceeded by a "yellow highlighted" note, indicating that WGI being a newer venue does not count for the 3rd track bonus.
Does the learning ever stop??? :unsure:

Greg Amy
09-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Does the learning ever stop???[/b]

Nope. As soon as it does I'm off to the next adventure...