PDA

View Full Version : Road Atlanta July 22-23

zracre
06-06-2006, 07:48 AM
So who is going there to practice and test for the big race?? I am hoping someone comes to play...

RacerBowie
06-06-2006, 08:13 AM
My car will be there for at least one sprint plus the enduro. Most likely with a fresh motor! :happy204:

Zahniser1970
06-06-2006, 09:11 AM
We'll be there in two CRX's running one in the test day, two for either the pro it or the SARRC and one in the ECR trying to catch that damn little fast Orange Miata.

Xian
06-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Scott and I will be there. Probably a sprint and ECR... it'll be my first time to RA so I'll be on the steep end of the learning curve!

Zahniser1970
06-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Christian, Gonna run the test day? We are going to run it and hopefully that fast little orange Miata will show me some speed and we are going to have Tom run our car and lay down some data as well.

chad

Catch22
06-06-2006, 12:16 PM
What races are you going to run Evan?

Christian and I aren't sure yet what we're doing, but I'd like to run against you if we can co-ordinate things. Maybe we can get me, you, Bowie, Chad, Paul Degioanne and Chuck Reynolds in the same sprint race and have a little ho-down?
That'd be just a little fun...

We haven't completely decided yet, but after all of our ECR failures this year its likely we'll punt on that series and just concentrate on sprints the rest of the year.

Zahniser1970
06-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Let's just all go raise some hell and have some fun while we are at. I am having to bring my wife as this is our "family vacation" so I had to go and rob the bank to take her to the Chateau. Lucky me, huh? But it was good to see you this weekend Scott and thanks for the stickers and hope we get our website back up soon. My work production has quadrupled the last few days. I will be more than glad to bring up the rear in the sprint for you guys.

crushed
06-06-2006, 01:44 PM
I'll be there, hopefully we'll have more then 2 cars in IT-7 :(

Catch22
06-06-2006, 02:22 PM
You could always replace that "7" with an "A."

zracre
06-06-2006, 03:03 PM
I will be running the Teg in the SARRC and Pro-IT, then co-driving the SM in the enduro...I have a new paint job coming as well as some suspension/engine management development...I know there is a 1:42 in that car :cavallo:

Catch22
06-06-2006, 04:23 PM
You run a 1:42 in July and I'll write the letter to request your ass gets moved to ITS before you even roll across the scales.

B)

R2 Racing
06-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Seriously, my fastest is a 1:43.5 there! If you run in the 42's in July, I'll go ahead and stop asking for that time off of work in November right now. :P

Wish I could be there. Have fun, guys! :023:

crushed
06-07-2006, 07:33 AM
I will be running the Teg in the SARRC and Pro-IT, then co-driving the SM in the enduro...I have a new paint job coming as well as some suspension/engine management development...I know there is a 1:42 in that car :cavallo:
[/b]

That's why I don't put an A on the car, the best I can do is a 1:43 (http://atl-scca.org/Atl%20SCCA/Race%20Grid/2006/060604/ProIT_GRID.pdf) :lol: :lol: :lol:

RacerBowie
06-07-2006, 08:05 AM
That's why I don't put an A on the car, the best I can do is a 1:43 (http://atl-scca.org/Atl%20SCCA/Race%20Grid/2006/060604/ProIT_GRID.pdf) :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b]

Yeah, what on earth happened with that?

Catch22
06-07-2006, 09:13 AM
The results of the morning qualifying session were all jacked up but somebody in the tower decided to use them anyway.
Didn't matter much, things sorted themselves within a couple of laps. I'm not sure if anyone actually got screwed by it.

Zahniser1970
06-07-2006, 10:05 AM
I say we form a secret organization and lynch all of the non CRX drivers

DavidM
06-07-2006, 04:50 PM
I'll be there, though I won't be near the pointy end of the grid. I'm still trying to learn to pedal faster. I'll be happy if I get into the high 40s.

David

Mazmarc63
06-09-2006, 09:52 AM
some suspension/engine management development...I know there is a 1:42 in that car :cavallo:
[/b]

Evan,

Crawl under your car and check for an exhaust leak. I think you huffed too much carbon monoxide last weekend. :D

That sucked that you missed the grid. That PA was horrible.

Thanks for using the picture with mine and Buzz's car next to yours in your avatar. :happy204:

charrbq
06-10-2006, 02:15 PM
I'll be there for the thing...from test day to Pro It, SARRC, and Enduro...provided I don't run out of money or car. If things go well, I'll use this to determine if I run the ARRC, if not, I'll just drink beer and crew in November.

All this is dependent on what the doctor tells me next week. No, Scott, I'm not pregnant...but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once. :cavallo:

Catch22
06-10-2006, 06:16 PM
All this is dependent on what the doctor tells me next week. No, Scott, I'm not pregnant...but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once. :cavallo:
[/b]

Please don't leave the impression that I knocked you up.
I'm not... Like that. Not that there's anything wrong with it in a what you do in your own home kind of way. :unsure:

charrbq
06-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Please don't leave the impression that I knocked you up.
I'm not... Like that. Not that there's anything wrong with it in a what you do in your own home kind of way. :unsure:
[/b]
Cheeze...I didn't mean it to sound that way! It's my heart...nothing else! Just my attempt at cheap, smart ass, racing style humor! :o

Catch22
06-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Bad ticker huh?
No biggie. I'll just eat your share at the ARRC while you chew on broccoli and carrots B) .

charrbq
06-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Sorry, had a bad heart since before I started my second amatuer career at club racing. Hasn't prevented me from drinking beer or eating gumbo at the ARRC. I've got two bypasses and a plastic aortic valve since '91. You wouldn't believe the hoops I have to jump through each year to maintain my license! I've been having some problems lately that the cardiologist will have to deal with. That's why I pay them the huge bucks. If he says he can fix it, and I'll be okay, then it's just like being down on power. If not, then I'll have to make a decision. At this point in time, I'm not worried. I'm saving that for Thursday morning.

If I have to drive up in a wheel chair with IT whatever on it, I'll be at the ARRC, in front of the food line, with a beer or Jack Daniel's in my hand!

Guaranteed!!!

zracre
06-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Evan,

Crawl under your car and check for an exhaust leak. I think you huffed too much carbon monoxide last weekend. :D

That sucked that you missed the grid. That PA was horrible.

Thanks for using the picture with mine and Buzz's car next to yours in your avatar. :happy204:
[/b]

yea my header gasket blew out in qualifying...i guess my band aid did not stick!! I missed it because I was watching for paul to go out...we were going to start at the back for fun then I realised he was doing the same with me!! I had too many heat cycles in those hoosiers and just wanted to see how they would do later in life. They fall off to toyo speed after about 5. That weekend was just plain fun! lots of laid back racing! and the weather was nice too. The second race I got punted by some RX7 that qual behind me so I just waited for paul (started last)then tucked in behind him...we still caught him! oh well It was a good time anyways!

acuracer
06-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Sebring was indeed a fun weekend.Thanks to David Leira for all his efforts the "new" Integra was able to get its first win.Good clean racing with Evan.
Wish I could say the same for the double ECR at Homestead. We had the pole for both days after wet qualifying and managed a 3rd on saturday but had nothing for the Vansteenburg miata as the track dried.Sunday brought more bad weather and broken wipers leaving us no choice but to park the Integra after one lap.
We will be in Atlanta for the ECR and Pro IT and look forward to seeing you all there.

Paul Ronie
Leira- Ronie motorsports

RacerBowie
06-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Sebring was indeed a fun weekend.Thanks to David Leira for all his efforts the "new" Integra was able to get its first win.Good clean racing with Evan.
Wish I could say the same for the double ECR at Homestead. We had the pole for both days after wet qualifying and managed a 3rd on saturday but had nothing for the Vansteenburg miata as the track dried.Sunday brought more bad weather and broken wipers leaving us no choice but to park the Integra after one lap.
We will be in Atlanta for the ECR and Pro IT and look forward to seeing you all there.

Paul Ronie
Leira- Ronie motorsports
[/b]

So what was the top 5 for the ECRs???

Inquiring minds want to know.

zracre
06-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Ok Days are being counted down...so who will be there to play???????

Butch Kummer
06-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Registration is now open for all four events (SARRC/ECR/Pro-IT/PDX) on the DLBRacing.com website. Direct links from the Atlanta Region website (www.Atl-SCCA.com) should be available tonight.

Hope to see many of y'all there...

charrbq
06-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Well, my plans for Atlanta, or the rest of the year for that matter, got shot down by the doctor. Three bypasses and a valve job next weekend. Hopefully, I'll still be at the front of the food line at the ARRC. You guys have fun. :024:

CDS
06-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Well, my plans for Atlanta, or the rest of the year for that matter, got shot down by the doctor. Three bypasses and a valve job next weekend. Hopefully, I'll still be at the front of the food line at the ARRC. You guys have fun. :024:
[/b]
:( Hurry up and get back in the driver's seat! We will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I was looking forward to finally racing against you in STL later this year. Take care of yourself.

Catch22
06-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Evan, you are on the entry list for the PDX. I'm guessing thats a mistake???

Chris... Lay off the pork down there son. You gotta quit clogging stuff up.
I got a bottle of STP in the garage, maybe we could run that through ya.

Seriously, good luck and I hope your nurse is cute.

charrbq
06-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Chris... Lay off the pork down there son. You gotta quit clogging stuff up.
I got a bottle of STP in the garage, maybe we could run that through ya.

Seriously, good luck and I hope your nurse is cute.
[/b]
I've tried to open everything with large applications of alcohol, but the doctor told me that wouldn't work on this stuff. Last time I had this done, it was a $100,000 valve job! Bet there ain't a BMW in the country that can compete with that price! Ditto on the cute nurse! :D

FireballPhil
06-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Keep us posted Chris. We want you back up here in Memphis again! :eclipsee_steering:

Phil Harris
RE MidSouth Region
Memphis, TN

charrbq
06-30-2006, 10:26 PM
It's in the plan, Phil. Doctor told me that if all goes well, I should be able to return to my "normal" lifestyle before the summer's out...that includes racing. Catch came Thursday when they found some bad stuff in my liver...not alcohol related. Everything postponed to next Friday while they run more tests. They took enough blood from me yesterday to take care of the needs of a medium sized third world country. Today was the sonogram of my liver. I hope I'm not going to give birth to a plate of liver and onions! :lol:

Just more aggravation that's really screwing with my play time. :birra:

BlueStreak
07-14-2006, 12:53 AM
Chris,
I figured you would have your exhaust fixed from Memphis by now, and actually went to the trouble to buy some less than 5 year old tires so I could hang with you at RA.

Oh well, keep us posted, and let me know when you are headed out to another race so I can order more tires :)

All,

Any suggestions on who I need to be following around RA (in an ITB GTI)?

Also, since this is my first drive at RA, I am thinking about running the test day. How much seat time do you normally get out of the test day at RA? How bad is the traffic for test day?

Thanks

zracre
07-14-2006, 08:03 AM
it is definitely worth it...just dont treat RA like any track...it can be mean. Just find a fast car and stick to them. The line around there is not real complex, just your timing is real important...espec. in turn 1...

88YB1
07-14-2006, 11:28 AM
RA is a fun track to drive. For the test day each run group usually gets 4 twenty minute sessions. Of course that gets shortened by any incidents on the track. I would suggest finding someone with a simular car who knows the track, and ask them to lead you around for a couple laps to learn the line. That's what I did for my first race on my novice permit. Worked great.

See you at the track
Chuck
Pontiac Fiero ITA #34

Zahniser1970
07-15-2006, 09:56 AM
One more week and the fun will begin. Look forwrd to seeing everyone next weekend

Catch22
07-15-2006, 04:40 PM
If you can hang onto him I'd suggest trying to chase Vesa Siligren's ITC car.
I know you're in a B car, but since its your first time there this is a harder task than it might seem.

CCARVER
07-15-2006, 09:40 PM
I will be at this race for several reasons, none of witch are to get any seat time. Except the 10 hr drive to get there. I will be on site to pick up a set of wheels, take pictures of Newberrys car, Pick his brain, and to learn all I can about holding a PDX in Louisiana.
Might even find some people who are not all that bad to hang out with. So if any of you see a 6'5" 250 coonass walking around the pits that would be me. See all of you guys there.
Carver

BlueStreak
07-17-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm not too proud to follow a C car. I was trying to follow Harris in his C car at MMP, but couldn't quite stay with him through the Mickey Mouse section on my wore out V700's :) I was hoping I would be able to try to follow him at RA, but he has far more important things to take care of at the moment.

Anybody quick in ITB going to be there for the test day?

tac911t
07-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Is the practice day available for 1/2 of the day? I probably will not be arriving at RA until noon, would
I be able to pay 1/2 of the practice day rate for the afternoon?

Butch Kummer
07-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Road Atlanta typically allows you to come in at noon and pay for the second half of the day ($100).

tom_sprecher
07-20-2006, 08:54 AM
The last and only time I was at RA test day they allowed you to buy time "by the session" at $50 a pop. I got there a little late and paid for the last 3 sessions at $150.

Too bad I only got to use 1 1/2 before I wrecked. Stupid, stupid, stupid.