PDA

View Full Version : Nelson's June 10/11

CaptJon
06-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Anybody else heading there this weekend??

Jon Schneider
ITC Rabbit
NeOhio Rgion

tdw6974
06-06-2006, 04:59 AM
Yes, We will proceeding west to The ledges, 3 car caravan. :cavallo: ;) I'm sure We will be join by others! We have requested warm dry weather ;) . Looking forward to freindly reception Of the Track owners and employees!! :eclipsee_steering:

joeg
06-06-2006, 07:26 AM
I'll be there

JohnRW
06-06-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm in...but without an IT car. I'm taking the 'Plastique Pig'....

tdw6974
06-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Yes, We will proceeding west to The ledges, 3 car caravan. :cavallo: ;) I'm sure We will be join by others! We have requested warm dry weather ;) . Looking forward to freindly reception Of the Track owners and employees!! :eclipsee_steering:
[/b]
Well The Management came through with great weather 60-70s all 3 days sunny with a touch of wind. We had a good run both days ending up 3rd overall in group. Well after Impound on Saturday we where moved to second then backed to 3rd. :mad1: . Lets just say We where 60lbs over weight and the 2nd Place car was not at weight :dead_horse:. Having run the old platform scale at Watkins Glen from about 1980 until they where removed I was not Happy about it but oh well We do this for Fun. On Sunday we ended finishing 3rd again unfortunately We encountered some trouble with our Junk Yard Dog Transmission we had in. Opps there goes 5th 2 laps later (with one lap to go) 3rd dissappeared and when attempting backup to load reverse seems to have dissapeared too. :wacko: Bill S came in on Sunday with the Bildon Coronada great looking car and it sure ran fast :023: Since the groups where switched Bill arrived to find instead of group 6 ITS had been moved to 3rd I think I kept seeing whirlwinds of activety around his car. [s]

lateapex911
06-12-2006, 06:35 PM
OK, so let me get this straight...the second place car was weighed, found underweight, DQ'ed, then reinstated????

And they moved a Group up the schedule?? I thought that was a No-no???

tdw6974
06-13-2006, 12:22 PM
OK, so let me get this straight...the second place car was weighed, found underweight, DQ'ed, then reinstated???? (Correct But I have been told by My driver to shutup)

[/b]
OOps They moved ITS from grp 6 to grp 3

Weaver7
06-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Jake they found him to be 7 lbs underwieght but the officials decided to let it slide and if he was found illegal on Sunday they would DQ him. He simply stated that he had never wieghed the car so he was unaware of the problem. No biggie had a fun time racing with him and we still got third!!! So I was happy until the tranny decided to puke :(

OK, so let me get this straight...the second place car was weighed, found underweight, DQ'ed, then reinstated????

[/b]

No they gathered all the ITS drivers and we all agreed that we wanted to be moved into group three....Very wise decesion I thought since they had many running in ITC so we weren't getting in way of their race. Very impressive turn out for the ITC guys and a great race!!!! That was fun to watch!!!

Bildon
06-13-2006, 02:14 PM
>> the Bildon Coronada great looking car and it sure ran fast 023.gif

Coronada ? :o

I wasn't so much fast as everyone else was doggin it :015: :D
I could only manage 1:18's
Last year, Leverone's RX7 was running 1:16.1 ! & Pat Kane's Integra 1:16.6

Car was WAY too stiff for Nelson :wacko: and the rear alignment is still a mess.
It was good to get a full race distance under the belt though. Passing 22+ cars was pretty "interesting"

And I now think the car has real potential, at least on fast track like Nelson. Looking forward to the Glen. That's my favorite. :cavallo:

joeg
06-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Folks--The bottom line is Nelson just keeps getting better and better. Management is trying hard to always improve the facility.

The track has always been fast--real fast.

Give it a shot if you get the chance.