PDA

View Full Version : June Jam at Lowe's

Team SSR
06-05-2006, 09:04 AM
It appears online registration is not open yet. Anybody know the entry fees and schedules yet? Will there be a test day Friday?

jmark
06-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Try here:

http://www.dlbracing.com/ Search under June. There is some entry info & supps etc.

JeffYoung
06-05-2006, 10:21 AM
A tidbit -- if you are registering SARRC only, you have to click on Sunday registration for some reason. Clicking on Saturday won't get you there.

Zahniser1970
06-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Anyone in A racing at lowes??

Team SSR
06-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I didn't see a cost for the test day???

Rob May
06-05-2006, 08:19 PM
You'll have to contact the track directly for the test day. It is $300 I believe. It starts at 9am typically.

frazer
06-13-2006, 08:47 AM
does anyone have a schedule for June Jam (event times and such)? i'm new to the Charlotte area and would like to check things out.

thanks!

-mike

RFloyd
06-19-2006, 09:25 AM
any results?

jmark
06-19-2006, 09:56 AM
Results???

Super Swift
06-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Sad news about Jeff Young’s TR-8, he had a mishap on Sunday. More details on the JH project page. Hope the repair work goes quickly.

But great news about Jeff Joyce he won his second straight ECR in ITC! Beating the series Champ from last year in both races!

Rob May and Karl Fisher brought home another win in SM! (ECR)

How bout them dub’s Rob? Are we going to see you car sitting on those rims come Atlanta?

Ben R

Rob May
06-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Yo Ben, what up dizzog?!! Dat der car be ridin on double quattro's my homie!! Wow, I cannot believe someone would do that to their car. Not too bad yourself for coming in second in ole' big red! Karl is sure glad we didn't pack it up after the crash during test day! Thanks for the props. See you guys at Road Atlanta.

slickS14
06-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, I have to toot my own horn here...I finally got the 240sx in the ITS winners circle this weekend in the SARRC! Three years of hard work and alot of trial and error...it feels good to finally get the monkey off my back. David Spillman co-drove with me on Sat in the ECR and did a great job keeping the car up front and we were able to podium in third place.

Rob May
06-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Chris, congratulations dude!

Super Swift
06-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Toot Toot!!

Go Chris! I had no idea you had never won. You have been right there for so long I would have bet you had. Way to go!

Hope to see you in Atlanta. Where I hope you pull off back to back SARRC wins. :) I am pulling for some red car in the ECR. :)

Ben R

slickS14
06-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Thanks Rob, just trying to be like you....heh.. Ben, yep it's the first win for the 240 but it has been knocking on the door for a while. if the car doesn't sell between now and Atlanta then I'll be there. If it is sold I may be lookng for a seat! Great job in the ECR, I just couldn't reel you guys in after I got in the car..

seckerich
06-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks Rob, just trying to be like you....heh.. Ben, yep it's the first win for the 240 but it has been knocking on the door for a while. if the car doesn't sell between now and Atlanta then I'll be there. If it is sold I may be lookng for a seat! Great job in the ECR, I just couldn't reel you guys in after I got in the car..
[/b]
Great job Chris-First win is the best. You have been so close before with some great runs. I guess the dif was OK?

JeffYoung
06-20-2006, 05:59 AM
Congratulations Chris -- I meant to come by and say so in person. Your car was skonking fast this weekend, fast lap in the ECR too I think, right?

slickS14
06-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks fellas for the compliments....Was an emotional weekend for us winning on Fathers day with my dad and wife there at the track and my father in law that just passed, Rodney Williams, as my co-pilot in the car.
Steve, I had to run my other diff for Lowes but I have no concerns about the one you built me...will try it out at Road Atlanta in July. Did you make it to Atlanta over the weekend?
Jeff, Sorry to hear about your TR8 but at least it sounds repairable. Ot's in good hands with Ricky T.
Yeah, I was able to grab fast lap in the ECR but it wasn't enough to catch the top two that day.

Parrish57
06-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Chris... Great run!!! After the first lap I could barely see you guys.

Jeff... I came by to see you after the race but you were on walkabout. Your car didn't look too bad. It should be a relatively painless fix.

As for our weekend, it was a mixed bag. Sixth in class in the ECR after a botched pit stop. In the SARRC I had a great time racing Don Vincini in the yellow #30 OPM RX7. I finished sixth behind him. I was pleased with that considering there were 18 ITS cars entered. Bryan started the CCPS race but it didn't last long. The harmonic balancer came apart. The miracle is that it didn't destroy anything on it's way out. I hope the SRF guy behind him is OK!!!

rx7racer1
06-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Chris let me add my congrats to your great run on Sunday. I had nothing for you or Kent and had my hands full keeping a BMW behind me. Look forward to seeing you at Atlanta next month.[/size]

Hotshoe
06-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Toot Toot!!

Go Chris! I had no idea you had never won. You have been right there for so long I would have bet you had. Way to go!

Ben R
[/b]

Way To Go Chris :smilie_pokal:

... Count me as one of the guys that thought you had already won before. I wish I had known, I would have made a fuss at impound for sure. Hope you do it again at Road Atlanta.

... Sure was fun watching Parrish and Vicini battle for fifth from my front row seat. I was tempted to mix it up with you guys but decided to watch instead. I might need the favor one day myself. B)

.. Till Savannah ..

Rob May
06-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Ben, are you sure it is red, or is it ORANGE that you will be seeing?

mattjeffitc
06-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey Ben, thanks again. :smilie_pokal: Matt and I had a good race, no offs or tradin' paint. But there are track boogers all over the car and on the roof too. I guess being the slow guys means you get all the trash from the fast guys. That was my first race at Lowes and the banking is something else. I had no idea that you would have to look so far up the windsheild, just to see ahead. :eclipsee_steering:

For the rest of the season we are just planning on running the VIR ECR in Oct. and then the 13hr, in the Firebird. Oh yea, in Aug. I'm doing the Sparta hillclimb. You guys should come up and see how big your balls/nerves are. :cavallo:

See ya at the track. :023:
JJ

iambhooper
06-20-2006, 08:30 PM
For the rest of the season we are just planning on running the VIR ECR in Oct. and then the 13hr, in the Firebird. Oh yea, in Aug. I'm doing the Sparta hillclimb. You guys should come up and see how big your balls/nerves are. :cavallo:

See ya at the track. :023:
JJ
[/b]

Congrats on the second win in a row! I wish I could have been there, but it is what it is. Maybe, just maybe, I will have the CRX back together (with enough coin left over) in time to go and give you guys a go for it in October! :cavallo: In the mean time, wax on wax off :lol:

I'll be in touch!
hoop

X_Racy
06-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Call me the rookie scarlet X :birra: I had a great time this weekend with everyone and everybody was nice and friendly. I was really impressed with how well prepared some of the cars were and how fast they were too. The surface at LMS was incredible. Although not an IT car, that guys Mazda 3 showroom car was great lookig fast as snot and he could drive the heck out of it too for an SS car. I am guessing he has had a few races under his belt? Congrats to all!

RFloyd
06-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Anyone have a copy of the results? I'm curious about how ITB shook out...

Team SSR
06-24-2006, 09:38 AM
Complete results are posted on www.mylaps.com (http://www.mylaps.com)