PDA

View Full Version : Grattan May 27 28 Dbl Regional

ITAntNeon
05-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Hello all,

Completed my first race weekend of the year in my ITA neon coupe DOHC. That makes a total of 6 races for me! :D I was very happy that I was able to take off another second from my times last year at Grattan. I am still running a mild ITA car; mechanically stock engine, no lsd, and running on 205 Avons on 14 in wheels. But still did OK. The KSport Version RR dampers worked well. Kept me out of the weeds and stood up to some curb hopping. Time will tell. I finished 6th Saturday and 9th on Sunday. I was battling with ITA cars instead of ITB cars this time but still finished behind the leading ITB car on Sunday. No wrinkles too. Just a light push in the back from a miata.

There is still plenty to do on the road to a proper ITA car but I will try to have fun getting there too.

I hope to say that the Gingerman double regional June 10 - 11 will be just as fun.

I will post a little video clip if I figure out how to do that.

Eagle7
05-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Way to go! :happy204:

Grattan is a tough track to learn. I've been around that place hundreds of times and I managed to run all the way out to the high weeds just short of the trees. The jump bit me - car jumped left after the crest and the track goes right. I still don't know for sure what happened - best guess is a little early on the brakes. Smashed my splitter into a bunch of pieces.

Did you have trouble keeping your car cool? My temps were higher than I've ever had before. Had to back off from some very good racing both days to save my engine.

Have fun at Gingerman.

BTW, what's your name?