PDA

View Full Version : Good price on an aluminum trailer?

PeteK
05-29-2006, 12:08 PM
My trailer is nice and tows straight, but I'd like one that's a little lighter with a lower center of gravity...

Any idea what a good price on an aluminum trailer with brakes would cost? I'd like to find one with a dove tailed back end and maybe an electric winch...

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but I'm thinking of just putting a "for sale" sign on the trailer at the October race at Gateway ($1000 is what I paid for it last October) and finding an aluminum jobbie over the winter. B)

So if you're interested, here's a pic:

http://www.theknese.com/misc/P5270200.jpg

It has a winch, electric brakes and converts to a great "Survivor tent" on the hot days. :D

m glassburner
06-01-2006, 03:50 AM
nice rims :rolleyes:

ITANorm
06-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Pete,
You should'a taken the pic from the other direction so you'd have had my motorhome for a backdrop. :P

A new trailer, with the specifications you mention, would probably be in the $4000 range.

Speed Raycer
06-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Hack some of that 2x2x.250 square tubing off of the thing and you'll save some weight.

Pretty good trailer for 1K

PeteK
06-04-2006, 02:41 AM
nice rims :rolleyes: [/b]

LOL, yeah they now have a set of Avons on them... They're great wheels man, thanks for the deal! There's a NASA series (spec E30) that I want to run a couple of races in next season, but those wheels are about 2.5 lbs too light for the class...Oh well, back to the Motegis for those guys.

BTW I was out with Marty tonight and your name came up!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ITANorm) 82666</div>

You should&#39;a taken the pic from the other direction so you&#39;d have had my motorhome for a backdrop.

A new trailer, with the specifications you mention, would probably be in the $4000 range.[/b]

Hahaha, yeah but then we&#39;d see your motorhome leveler/jack buried six inches in the ground! :P $4k for a trailer like that is pretty much what I&#39;ve seen out there, but do used ones go for that much too? They must hold their value pretty well!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Speed Raycer) 82666</div>
Hack some of that 2x2x.250 square tubing off of the thing and you&#39;ll save some weight.

Pretty good trailer for 1K[/b]

I was thinking of doing that, but wasn&#39;t sure if it would compromise the structural integrity. Also the fenders are welded to those frame bits, so I&#39;d need to figure out what to do there. I&#39;ve seen some trailers that have removable fenders... I should take a closer look next time I see one.

Yeah, it&#39;s a great trailer; it&#39;s just that my tow vehicle would be much happier with something weighing less. It used to have some "Autozone special" hubcaps, but one disappeared between here and Memphis earlier in the season and another vanished during a trip to KC... so I just pitched the other two. :D

I thought finding a set of spinners would be pretty tight yo. :lol:

Here&#39;s one that I REALLY like. It&#39;s not aluminum, but it would be cool!

Challenger - Racer Special (http://www.prfauto.com/24challengerracerspecial.html)

I haven&#39;t talked to these guys, so I have no idea what they cost. I bet Norm is right in the ballpark though... maybe even a little low. :(

Bill Miller
06-05-2006, 07:52 AM
nice rims :rolleyes:
[/b]

The front one looks like an old Pontiac rim for a 70&#39;s vintage car. :P