PDA

View Full Version : Harness mounting

jake7140
05-25-2006, 10:15 AM
Has anyone used the eye-bolt/clip on setup? Legal? Safe? I'm kind of tired of dinking around with the bolts/plates everytime I have to change/remove belts. I like to try to do things once if possible.

Also, seems like it would actually be better as the belt will rotate to the best angle at the floor rather than pulling against the fixed mounting angle of a hard bracket bolted to the floor.

JeffYoung
05-25-2006, 10:33 AM
I use them exclusively. Certainly legal, and I assume (maybe I shouldn't) safe. Makes belt changes a snap...whoa...that was bad.

joeg
05-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Perfectly Legal.

That being said, however, I still prefer an OEM mounting plate. The best would be is for the forged eye bolts threaded portion to match the pitch and diameter of the threaded hole in the OEM plate.

jlucas
05-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Schroth clip in race belts come with forged eyelets that will go right into your stock locations but most cars mount to the seat on the inboard side so they have a reinforcement plate to back up the eyelet for those locations.

Bildon
06-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Clip in belts is all I've ever used. If you are worried, after attaching them, run a tiny bolt through the snap's eye forcing the sprung part closed. This will prevent the belt clip from ever cominig off the eye bolt even if the spring gets damaged.