PDA

View Full Version : Boat Races at NHIS, Round 2!!!

RSTPerformance
05-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Here is a quick article on NHIS with a few pictures from Sunday...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=25748

Last night (Monday) the floods peaked, so I wonder what the track looked like over 24 hours after this article was put together...

Raymond

PS: Mom, we all know you live close, but unless you have pictures of the track... ;)

zracre
05-16-2006, 01:50 PM
My parents live in Andover...they are pretty stuck. hope everyone is well up there!!

Jeremy Billiel
05-16-2006, 03:21 PM
After last years flood, I would think they need some kind of very large drain for the lowest spot of the infield and have it drain to somewhere far far away! Its a shame as they were just finishing to fix it from last October.

RSTPerformance
05-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Many people might not remember the old Bryar, but unfortunatly a river/stream runs through/under the track... so in a way they do have a large drain, its just hidden by the pond!!!

The flooding is NOT a result of the track runoff. I think the only way to prevent the floods would have been to build the track at a higher elevation, but that opportunity has long past!!!

Raymond

JLawton
05-17-2006, 06:33 AM
So what's the latest??

Racing on Memorial Day??

BobsAuto
05-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I tried to get in, but no dice. The fire dept. was at the entrance when I went up to the gate and said, NO WAY. For some reason, those media types have more access... :(

On a more promising note....the vintage cars have been heading up there since yesterday morning and they are not going back south...so the water must have receeded quickly. Hopefully, the rain predicted for Friday will be short and sweet.

ner88
05-18-2006, 11:25 AM
:happy204: The track was open yesterday, one side of the tunnel only 8" of water the other was closed.

BobsAuto
05-19-2006, 07:09 PM
We could hear the vintage cars at the track yesterday and this morning. What a wonderful sound to wake up too. Racing on Memorial Day? Neither wind, nor rain, nor snow will stop you guys......Stay optimistic. This weather CAN'T last.