PDA

View Full Version : VW super diff thanks to Bildon

VW16VRacer
05-15-2006, 11:28 PM
After two seasons with a Quaffe and three seasons with a Peloquin I switched to a Bildon diff in my 020 for this season and let me tell you this is the diff to have. I have found the wheel spin I had in a couple of turns in the past is all but gone, and the car pulls harder out of the turns than I am use too and the threshold braking has improved dramaticaly. For those of you that drive A2 chassis cars, you know we need all the help in the brake department we can get. There is also no noticable locking action that my jerk on the wheel that some other people have complained about with other clutch pack diffs.

Now I am not knocking the Quaffe or the Peloquin diff, they are perfect for the use they were intended for, the street. For a race car the Bildon diff is a must have and I do not mind the added serivce it requires. The car gets its oil changed every other race and now the trans/diff will get the same. I tear apart my trans every season to go through it and will be glad to report back on the wear, but with the fresh gear oil this diff will see I hope to see years of service from the clutch plates.

I want to thank Bill with all the support he gave me with the diff and all the products he offers, truly a first class opperation. Thank you for keeping me up front.

Jon Bonforte
ICSCC E Production 16V Golf
Portland Oregon