PDA

View Full Version : I got my car, but I don't Have my car

Z3_GoCar
05-14-2006, 07:34 PM
My car is paid for and it's ready for me to pick up, but it's in Ohio and I'm in California. So I'm looking for options, or even transport companies to get it out here. Thanks,

James

StephF
05-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Hey, I don't know if this will help or not, but I noticed recently when I was on ebay motors that a lot of the vehicles had "vehicle shipping quote available. Click on that and it takes you to the site of a transport compay that is shipping nationwide. You can get a shipping quote online. Looks like they ship to major freight terminals.
Good luck!

Z3_GoCar
05-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey Steph,

Thanks, for the idea on where to go.

James

Marcus Miller
05-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Another way to consider is rail. If you cna get it to a rail terminal in Ohio, shipping it to somewhere in CA should be trivial.

How about Pro teams? any major races in Socal happening soon?

Just a couple thoughts from when I shipped my car out here...

Marcus

ddewhurst
05-16-2006, 10:08 AM
James, I had a 1st gen RX-7 that ran shiped by a car carrier from Oregon to Wisconsin late last summer at a cost of $1,060. AAAdvantage Auto Transport, Inc 1-800-846-8781 If the car don't run the cost is more to load/unload. This was the best carrier cost I could find. I paid @200 up front with the remainder at delivery. I think the trucks/drivers are leasted to AAA. Other carriers were as much as $2.00 per mile. Fuel cost has gone up.

Look in you local phone yellow pages under or pc search Auto transporters.

Z3_GoCar
05-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Hey Marcus,

The pro team deal already fell through, TC had a GT team that was planning on comming out to Laguna Seca for the sports car invatational but that fell through. The rail idea might just work, I'll look into that. Thanks.

Dave,

I'd recieved a quote from AAA. They were in the middle as far a price goes, glad you had a good experience with them. I'll keep them in mind in the next couple of weeks.

James