PDA

View Full Version : suspension setup for itb corolla

JRDbuilt
05-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Curious if anyone has done up an ITB corolla. Im thinking of a 80-82 and was curious as to what people are doing for suspension on those cars specifically on the rear.

thanks
CJ

JRDbuilt
05-17-2006, 03:02 PM
anyone have any advice???

ITANorm
05-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Maybe the deafening silence should tell you something? Seriously, I think the car would be uncompetitive, regardless. Especially considering the 4AGE-powered FX-16 and Geo Prizm GSi are in B also.

Jiveslug
06-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Well, the most recent fasttrack brought the weight down to 2050lbs! I think the car CAN be competitive at that weight. I WAS building one until I lost my storage space and now am being forced to sell it. As far as spring rates go, these things have almost the exact same suspension design as the AE86 Corollas, so use a racing setup from one of them as the starting point. I dont remember the specs off the top of my head, but you can find them on www.club4ag.com. Also, I would recommend heading over to www.toyota3tc.com for info about these cars. The 3TC motor is bulletproof and the stock hp rating of 75 shouldnt scare you. They came from the factory with an UBER restrictive carb and exhaust system. Just going to the weber carb, removing the smog junk, and doing the header/racing exhaust should net you significant gains in power (25-30, as I have heard). Anyway, hope this info helps.

lateapex911
06-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Ryan! NO! Do NOT sell that car!!!!!!Find a way! Call your Grandmother...anything! Put the alert out...a fellow SCCA racer will come to your aid. We need guys like you!

Jiveslug
06-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Not to worry Jake! This is only a TEMPORARY set-back. I should have my new racer project underway in about 6 months time... and this one will actually be in MY garage. MUahahahahaha!!!!! Anyway, now I just need to figure out what car to get.....

JRDbuilt
06-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Well the Corolla i wanted to buy was sold actually quite some time to a guy that lives around VIR. all i know is he did the promotional work for VIR and in the deal was able to use one of the garages as space to park the car. and the original owner said he thinks the guy was talking about selling it. I really want to race this car because i love the setup of the corolla and especially the price tag most of them go for. so if anyone knows this guy please let me know!

-CJ