PDA

View Full Version : NHIS under water again?!?!?!?!

BobsAuto
05-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Went by the track this AM and the outer parking lot where the auto crosses are is underwater which means the tunnel in is under and I'm sure the infield is under. Since it's not as serious an issue as a lot of the towns just east of Loudon are preparing to or already have evacuated because the small dams are ready to cave in, I have seen or heard nothing on the news reports. The rain here is expected to be an additional 5-7 inches before Monday night on top of the 5-7 we've already received. Our road, just one mile from the track, is barely passable with 5 loads of gravel having already been dumped into the washout. AND it's supposed to rain off and on til next Friday! Time to build that ARK Noah!

WIZARD Racing
05-14-2006, 08:14 PM
That's funny, I was wondering the same thing and was going to post the same question.

BobsAuto
05-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Oh, it's under, just like the rest of the state. It's bad up here. The Merrimack River is expected to crest tomorrow at 10 feet above flood stage.

Jeremy Billiel
05-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Thats a shame as they were working on fixing it when I was there for the school in April. This may be a stupid question, but is it just from rain soming off of the banking and into the center or is the near by river causing the problem again?