PDA

View Full Version : how do I register for events?

anrkii
05-13-2006, 04:31 AM
I was looking around, and i cannot seem to figure out how to register for events, i want to attend the pdx in mmp june 24/25, cant find any info... also, where do I find more information on the various driving schools?

also, to drive in an pdx, do I need a novice permit?

thanks in advance.

also, memphis is on a different webpage than midiv, the midsouth. is this a different region,if so, i live in midwest region, can i take the drivers school there? or must i stick to my region?

pgipson
05-13-2006, 01:03 PM
I think what you are talking about for a "pdx" is this?

Miller Park Racing Association (MPRA) Announces 2006 Schedule

December 21, 2005 - Miller Motorsports Park today announced the schedule for a new regional racing series that will be sponsored by the track in 2006. The Miller Park Racing Association (MPRA) is an innovative program to build local and regional car and motorcycle racing in Utah.

Miller Motorsports Park will organize, sanction, and subsidize the cost of racing in order to assist local car and motorcycle clubs as they develop their club racing programs. MPRA will provide trained corner marshals, timing and scoring, emergency response and fire/rescue equipment and personnel.

Race weekends will be held monthly from April through October and will alternate between East and West tracks and between Friday-Saturday and Saturday-Sunday events. Each day will feature six timed sessions. Clubs can rent the track for one or more time sessions and use the session for racing, instruction, or track time. By dividing the weekend into sessions, MPRA has made the cost of renting the track more affordable for small clubs. Classes and rules will be dictated by participating clubs, with the exception of safety systems, which will be industry standard and specified by MPRA. Race weekends will offer sessions for cars prepared to SCCA, PCA, or BMWCC wheel-to-wheel racing safety standards. Motorcycles will follow Utah Sport Bike Association rules.

Another goal of MPRA is to build the social element of racing. Each event will feature a Friday or Saturday night barbecue at the Club House for participants, crews, guests, Miller Club House members, and workers.

2006 MPRA Race Schedule
April 29/30 Race 1 - Licensing
May 12/13 Race 2
June 24/25 Race 3
July 21/22 Race 4
August 12/13 Race 5
September 8/9 Race 6
October 7/8 Race 7 - MPRA Finale

Proposed Event Schedule Apr. 29-30 MPRA Racing Classes Mustang Racing Series

For More Information:
Mitch Wright, Director of Racing
[email protected]. [/b]

Call 'em and find out.

As to SCCA drivers school, you can attend in any region once you join SCCA.

Z3_GoCar
05-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Is there a web-page? You should be able to download the proper forms. There're might even be a way to register online. You're last option would be to just show up and register, sort of Day of. There should also be a page listing what you need for a PDX event. I highly doubt that you'd need a novice licsense to attend, but you might. Lastly you can attend a driving school in any region. We had racers from SFR region, Arizona, and as far away as Utah.

James

bldn10
05-16-2006, 10:16 AM
SCCA divides the country into AREAS made up of DIVISIONS made up of REGIONS. Most Divisions and Regions have their own websites, and entry info will usually be found on the site of the Region holding the event. It takes awhile to get all the paperwork done and we are precluded from publishing actual forms until they are approved and the event has been sanctioned. Consequently, in many cases forms for an event will not be available online until a month or so prior to the event. The Mid-South Region sends post cards to all licensed drivers in the MidWest Division notifying them when the forms are available. Anyone w/o a competition license will not get one.

However, FWIW the Memphis June event was always intended to be on the calendar as tentative, and the final decision has been made NOT to have it. There are just too many events around that date to be able to count on enough workers to run a good event. Unfortunately, to run a PDX we are required to have the full complement of workers, ambulance, fire truck, etc.

CDS
05-16-2006, 02:30 PM
The June event in Memphis has been cancelled? Bummer :(

Speed Raycer
05-16-2006, 06:09 PM
I know it's short notice, but the St. Louis Regions' PDX is THIS weekend May 21st. Still time to get registered. Info avalable on www.stlscca.org (http://www.stlscca.org)