PDA

View Full Version : Whoo-Hoo, I just finished Super-School

Z3_GoCar
05-09-2006, 01:45 AM
I just finished the Cal-Club super-school at ButtonWillow Last Sunday. I was running #66 the green monster ITB BMW 2002 of Kevin McDonald. Kevin told me that I was going to be the last one to run this engine, as at the prior weekend at the VARA British Extravaganza the valve guides started to oil the valves. Still by the final sprint races I was able to move up aginst Pro7, Spec Miata, I was able to beat an e-36 325i WITHOUT a SIR (well ok so he was basically a street car with a bolt in), and I got the start on an Evo on the second start. The Evo and a Z-06 would wind up 1-2, but I moved up from 4th from the rear to 4th from the front. I ran fast and clean, waiting my time untill I could take the pass, and when it opened up I took it. What a blast! Kevin's little car was great and I'd like to thank him for his encouragement and advice. I'd like to also thank all the staff who helped out, my insturctor Marco Fernandez, and to all my class mates I hope you had as much fun as I did!

James

Z3_GoCar
05-13-2006, 05:25 PM
I've just added video to my web-page which covers the final sesion on Saturday here: (http://49thaero.tripod.com/id9.html) It's in the second colume on the left just under the Z3 on skyline picture.

James