PDA

View Full Version : Track diff ratios swaps

dspillrat
05-08-2006, 09:22 PM
quote name='JeffYoung' date='May 7 2006, 10:17 PM' post='81126']
plus Quaife (only solution for my car other than welding) means about $1500 to $1800 per rear end.

Sheesh! And these guys are complaining about dyno time to tune their SIR! DJ, Marshall, come join the fun!

David, do you mix and match welded vs. Quaife LSDs on the car? Do you have to change the spring rates all around when you do?

[/quote]

Hi Jeff,
I use the basic setup with the different diff types. Little more toe-out with the welded rear, little less with Clutch type, pretty much zero to a little toe in with the quaife.

Talk with Steve E. this weekend about LSDs "DIFFs". He's got some ideas.

David

JeffYoung
05-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks David...I always forget about hijacking and do it (rudely).

You don't change spring rates? It seems to me the cars we have with a locked diff (the Z and the JH) push a whole lot worse than the TR8 (Quaife) under power. Some of the Z guys I have talked to said go down on the spring rates in the front to counteract this. You don't find it necessary?

dspillrat
05-09-2006, 02:20 PM
That is true, changing spring rates, or hooking up the rear sway bar would help as well.
I hate to mess with the car, when its working well at one track....with the welded, the rear sway bar helps with getting car to rotate, or slide is better word with welded diff.

My goal in next week or so is to setup a 3.36 quaife for lowes this year.

david