PDA

View Full Version : NHIS Starts...

RSTPerformance
05-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Last weekend at the NHIS National one of the races had several drivers who obviosly did not read the sups for the race and did not follow the proper starting procedure... I will post the following from the sups on here simply becuase I don't want any of us (or all of us as a group) to look as poorly as one group did last weekend... I strongly encourage you all to read the sups before going to NHIS as thier IS other important information on them... Re-read them the night before and the morning of the event so you have a clue!!!

<div align="center">New England Region of the Sports Car Club of America Inc.
presents the “Memorial Day Weekend” Triple Regional Races
New Hampshire International Speedway, Loudon, NH May 27th & 28th, 2006
Supplemental Regulations; Held under the SCCA General Competition Rules
Sanction # 06-RS-166-S, 06-RS-223-S</div>

#15 Starting Procedures- All pace laps at the start of each race will be made using NASCAR 3&4. Cars will come down the hill into turn 10, and make a right turn onto the back straight of the
oval. They will proceed through NASCAR 3&4, the pace car will turn into pit lane, and cars will take the green at start finish. Cars will maintain pace car speed until given the green flag. Cars which do not maintain pace car speed may be black flagged. Starts that are waved off, will continue to use
NASCAR 3&4, until given the green flag. Any restarts during the race will be made using the normal racing course.

Raymond "IT is the best class... right?" Blethen

Greg Amy
05-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Last weekend at the NHIS National one of the races had several drivers who obviosly did not read the sups for the race...[/b]

Care to elaborate? Sounds like a polesitter didn&#39;t properly restart on a wave-off...?

"IT is the best class... right?" Blethen[/b]

No, Improved Touring is the best category; ITA is the best class. You should read your GCR (sorry, couldn&#39;t resist...) - GA

HOOSER 99
05-08-2006, 09:04 PM
You are close Ray..there was only 2 or 3 that DID do it right (and no I wasn&#39;t one of those 2). The original start might have been a tad fast but I&#39;ve seen worse let go. On the second attempt, everybody except 2 cars went through the infield, and finally after lining up again in the pits we got a start on lap 4 (but it was single file)...So read the sups and GO to the drivers meeting :018:

jerry monaghan

RSTPerformance
05-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Jerry-

I am glad to see starts getting waived off... I "toured" the northeast last year as a SIT and saw a lot of starts. I think many times that we see poor starts (The 05 Runoofs is a prime example) and they are overlooked.... NER seems to have great people in the starters stand whom IMO make great calls reguarding this.

As for the 2 people (I thought I counted at least 4) who did it correct, they deserve a medal just for doing the right thing... To be honest that could have been a very dangerouse situation coming through turn 10 with some people going one way and others going the other way. From my understanding it was also reviewed in the drivers meeting Saturday?

As for the last restart... You had lost 1 lap to a waive off, 1 lap for the black flag all, and 1 lap for the restart, so you are correct in saying that you started on lap 4. The entire field was "doubled up" for the restart that was suposed to be single file. Less than impresive in my book.

The rest of the race appeared to go smoothly, with some great battles and impressive driving. I only wanted to mention any of this as it is a great opportunity for all of us to learn from a mistake!!!

Raymond