PDA

View Full Version : New England Tracks, Honda/Acura's and Final Drives

Jeremy Billiel
05-07-2006, 09:24 AM
So I belive my clutch in my GSR has seen its final day and I figured I ight as well bite the bullet and go all out if I have the tranny apart anyways. With that said, I will need a new FD and a LSD.

My options are to use stock FD (4.4), go JDM (4.7) or ATS (4.9). Any opinions on which is ideal for NHIS, LRP and WG?

My hunch is that no FD is going to be perfect for all, but the 4.9 will be great at NHIS I would think, 4.7 would be better at LRP I would imagine and I have no idea about the glen.

Does anyone have any experiences they would be willing to talk about? The issue with the GSR is that 5th gear is a large jump. Here are my gear ratios

1st 3.23
2nd 1.9
3rd 1.36
4th 1.03
5th .79

At LRP on the straight if I shift to 5th forget about it! I fall out of VTEC and the cars just go by....As of now I just bounce it off the limiter into the breaking zone.

Any LSD suggestions? Quife are pretty much bullet proof, but are heavy and not quite as good as a clutch style, from what I have been told at least!

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy Billiel
05-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Can anyone help?

JLawton
05-07-2006, 05:47 PM
I think I see your problem:

I shit to 5th forget about it!
[/b]

Stop sh*tting to fifth and the car will run much better.........

zracre
05-08-2006, 01:43 AM
I have had real good luck with the OPM LSD and the Quaiffe...The OPM feels slightly better. The 4.79 would probably be your best all around ratio...JMHO

Jeremy Billiel
05-08-2006, 07:39 AM
I think I see your problem:
Stop sh*tting to fifth and the car will run much better.........
[/b]

Thank You Jeff. I edited my post to now say shifting instead of sh*tting.

Jeremy Billiel
05-08-2006, 12:45 PM
Wow - No one can add any insight? I know there are not many GSR's out there, but what about all of the ITA integras?

dazzlesa
05-09-2006, 08:06 AM
4.7 .off the gas at the top of the hill in 4th. accelerate when your ass says it will stick and i shift into 5th down the front straight at lrp. ITA INTEGRA

Jeremy Billiel
05-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Thank you Rick. Do you hold 4 in the uphill? If I take the uphill in 4th my car falls flat on it face, so in the breaking zone I shift to 3rd and back to 4th under the bridge.

dazzlesa
05-09-2006, 11:48 AM
TAKE THE UPHILL FASTER :rolleyes: . I TAKE IT IN 4TH.i think we are going too fast to try and make a mistake entering the uphill.i have been told to brake a little earlier and get back on the gas sooner.i tend to brake latter.3rd into bigbend,4th on noname

Jeremy Billiel
05-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Interesting, even in the Skippy we used 3rd through the uphill, but then again those were only 4 speeds. I am going to call Anthony today and see what he recommends for a LSD, FD and Clutch. I am getting ready to feel this one in my wallet!!! :bash_1_: :bash_1_: :bash_1_:

RSTPerformance
05-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Jeremy-

Even if the car falls flat on its face try it for an entire session... or at least half of it. It might "feel" slower but you are probably carying more speed even with the lower RPM through both the uphill and west bend. If you are downshifting to 3rd for the uphill you are probably maxing out 3rd before you get to west bend, then while still in 3rd are you just lifting for west bend? In 4th you may need to use the brakes rather than a lift as the RPM'S will be lower and the car will not slow down as fast or the same as it would in 3rd at very high RPM's.

Just my suggestion from a non Honda oops :bash_1_: I mean Acura driver!!!

Raymond

Jeremy Billiel
05-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Jeremy-

Even if the car falls flat on its face try it for an entire session... or at least half of it. It might "feel" slower but you are probably carying more speed even with the lower RPM through both the uphill and west bend. If you are downshifting to 3rd for the uphill you are probably maxing out 3rd before you get to west bend, then while still in 3rd are you just lifting for west bend? In 4th you may need to use the brakes rather than a lift as the RPM'S will be lower and the car will not slow down as fast or the same as it would in 3rd at very high RPM's.

Just my suggestion from a non Honda opps :bash_1_: I mean Acura driver!!!

Raymond
[/b]

Raymond - Good insight. Yes in third entering west bend I am out of gear, so I tap the brakes get through the corner and immediately shift after westbend. On the staright, I raised my rev limiter to 8500 RPM so I can stay in 4th. If I go to 5th its a REAL dog. Which brings me back to my initial question about final drives. It sounds to me that if I go 4.783 than 4 should be a bit easier to stay in, although I will need to shift on the straight at LRP.