PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Results?

jmark
05-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Anybody got the Daytona ECR results?

Mazmarc63
05-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Best I can do is the big bore race today.

From memory:

Flynn Mercedes 190

Ira 240 Z

May/Busler Rx-7

Finlay Rx-7

Witham Rx-7

Richards Rx-7

Darling Integra ITA

Vansteenburg/Vansteenburg Miata ITA

Arkajillian/Dana Rx-7

Thats as far as I looked. :wacko:

Very clean race. Some hot tempers......no real damage.

jmark
05-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks Marc.

orlando_wrx
05-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Best I can do is the big bore race today.

From memory:

Flynn/Radloff Mercedes 190

Ira 240 Z

May/Busler Rx-7

Finlay Rx-7

Witham Rx-7

Richards Rx-7

Darling Integra ITA

Vansteenburg/Vansteenburg Miata ITA

Arkajillian/Dana Rx-7

Thats as far as I looked. :wacko:

Very clean race. Some hot tempers......no real damage.
[/b]

Fixed the mercedes driver lineup, and I believe Roni/Leira were 3rd in ITA Integra.

charrbq
05-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Just to shed a little light...or open the can of worms...did anyone other than me notice how fast the ITA, 1.8, Miata ran in ITA? I thought they were supposed to do only well on handling courses, but not horsepower tracks. Find me one that takes more horsepower than Daytona, and I'll buy that arguement...maybe. True, he finished second, but that was due largely to pit work in the winner's pit. :unsure:

ITSRX7
05-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Just to shed a little light...or open the can of worms...did anyone other than me notice how fast the ITA, 1.8, Miata ran in ITA? I thought they were supposed to do only well on handling courses, but not horsepower tracks. Find me one that takes more horsepower than Daytona, and I'll buy that arguement...maybe. True, he finished second, but that was due largely to pit work in the winner's pit. :unsure:
[/b]

Well we all know that car is as good as an example is going to get - ever. Driven the way it should be and prepped to the Nth. It would be the car to look at.

Care to post the lap times? How did it stack up against cars that run hot at the ARRC?

Mazmarc63
05-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Just from memory I think Mike did a 2:20.xxx. The top S cars were in the 15's. I think Evan did a 21. Not too sure though.

charrbq
05-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Unless someone has them, I no longer do. I started timing my guy and the Miata when the Miata pulled into the lead and started moving away. As they got closer to the end, I started timing laps with one watch and doing splits with the other. Too much for me to write down and pit crew. I ended up screwing both watches at the 1hr, 24min. Much nashing of teeth and pulling of hair!
My guy was on the pole with a 21+. Race had a few 21's, several 22's, 23's. The Miata started at 24's...I believe. But steady chipped away to consistant 22's and 21's. That was with the first driver, unfamiliar with the course. Second driver was running bunches of 22's and 21's to my guy's 22's and 23's. Margin of victory was about 2 seconds.
I wish I'd kept all the times, but I had too many irons in the fire that weekend to do record keeping. If I'd had better information in advance of who was driving what and who built what and etc., I'd been glad to even publish them in Ripley's Believe It or Don't.
I was made aware in impound that the Miata broke the track record.

As for ARRC results, the guy that won was one of the better drivers out there. His Integra may look rough, but it's fast...very fast. He finished 7th at last years ARRC and was the SARRC champion in 2005.

Glad to help.

zracre
05-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Andy, My best lap at the ARRC was a 1:44.1xx I still had my stock bottom end and the stock final drive...hence the off the pace times at RA. OPM has since built my motor and I am running the 4.7 final. Im sure there may be 3-5hp on the table with some engine management tuning, but not much more. I was about 1.5 seconds faster this year with the work done and weight added. I drove that race as hard as I could and the car started falling off towards the end when the Miata really started closing. I had nothing for him on the banking. nobody did (except the top ITS)! Yes I know that car is about as good as it gets and as well driven as one can be but thats the point. I have years of development in mine and it is pretty much as far as one can go with an Integra. Anywhere else and it would not even be a race. He went .6 faster than me at Daytona and 1.8 sec faster at Moroso. He also went 1 sec faster than our ARRC winner at Roebling (back when the Teg was lighter too!). Clearly you can see this. I dont want it to be uncompetitive, just fair and equal. There will always be tracks where one is better than the other to some degree but they need to be equalized. ITA is fast becoming IT car flavor of the year...just what we wanted to avoid. The board was quick to make changes to the Hondacuras and BMW's...ITS has its benchmark cars (RX7 obviously) and ITA had them with the Hondacuras. Yes they were dominant and some changes were needed but throw a ringer in there for fun??!! As I said before 50/50 big brakes decent bhp(with full IT build) and super light means trouble for honda acura nissan saturn neon etc...the 1.8 SM cars are doing 2:23's at Daytona with restrictor plates...

ECR
05-09-2006, 07:13 PM
As the loud half of the Leira-Ronie motorsports team,I would first and foremost like to thank the workers and officials, without whom we ALL would have spent this weekend doing anything but racing.That being said I'd also like to thank all the competitors there for some good,clean,hard racing. We,for our part were challenged by what I consider to be the premier B car /driver lineup in the northern part of our division(Honda Accord,well driven by Chuck Reynolds and Trevor Dejoannis) by a hard fought battle with many lead changes,illustrating how well classed two different cars can be. Unfortunately, such was not the case in the other class we are now in( IT A)where we are in an Acura in what seems to be an example of parity becoming DIS-parity, if only in the area of weight. I know this may sound like sour grapes,but if you look just at the publshed power to weight ratios of these two cars,a weght disparity of 215 pounds seems unfounded. This is not taking into account other factors such as weight distribution,ease of suspension adjustability,or drivetrain layout. Also with respect to my esteemed colleague's previous post,Evan you are wrong.If you think the Mazda's as good as it gets,I promise you that knowing MVS as well as I do ,and in light of his development expertise,he ain't even got started yet,while we are at the end of the development with this car. Just my .02 worth. David Leira

charrbq
05-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Also with respect to my esteemed colleague's previous post,Evan you are wrong.If you think the Mazda's as good as it gets,I promise you that knowing MVS as well as I do ,and in light of his development expertise,he ain't even got started yet,while we are at the end of the development with this car. Just my .02 worth. David Leira
[/quote]
I'd say that was a fair statement, in light of the previous state of the art cars coming from that shop.

zracre
05-09-2006, 07:45 PM
I stand corrected in respect to MVS...his cars only get faster! I just think this needs to be fixed fast before it really becomes a problem...many people building them (you know they will...) then having weight slapped on them. the same thing that happened to us...let people build them and develop them at the weight they will stay at. And thanks to everyone for a great weekend and some of the best racing I have participated in. :birra:

its66
05-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Evan,
Good race, I was in the orange and black 57 car instead of the normal 66. Good call when the 48 spun in front of us in T1. I guess I saw it just .25 seconds before you did. It's good to be able to trust the guys around you. :happy204:

David,
I'm not sure if it was you or Paul that started the race, but great driving either way. You guys drove the wheels off the 'Teg. We developed some ECU issues and went into limp (i hate that term :018: ) mode 25 minutes in. After that, we went into conservation mode. I knew that you three were all racing for position, so I tried to keep out of your battle each time I cleared the codes.

From an ITS perspective, that damn, pesky ITA miata just kept sneaking back up on us. It took several laps to put any distance on Mike at all. Then, the least little traffic, and there he was, again. The three of you must have had some great battles. If Daytona is the Miata's worst track, and I were still racing in ITA , I know where my money would be going. :D

zracre
05-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Results are up on Mylaps!!!

SATURNRACER
05-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Evan great job!!

This is O.B. in the Saturn where was John Dean?
We are still working out the bugs in my Saturn we were happy to get it down to 2:24xx and know that there is more someday I'll be able to be able to play with you guys up front,

We had a strong run but I hit something coming out of the bus stop it looked like a rumage sale over there with all the cones and parts everywhere...well it pulled my front air dam under the car so my 224's went to 228's real quick and then they pulled me off with three laps to go ARRRGH! we ended up 10th.
Sucks to be me!
O.B.
97 Saturn SC2
ITA CFR/SEDV

zracre
05-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks!! I was wondering what happened...you seemed real fast at first then fell off...I saw all the stuff in the chicane...yikes! John Dean absent= :happy204: to me!!! I have finished 2nd to him too many times! seems I can only beat him if it rains or he blows up! What is your next race??

SATURNRACER
05-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah it's fun to watch you two battle it out.
I might do the June Sebring Club course if not I will be at Daytona in August for the SARRC.
it's that four letter word that keeps getting in the way......WORK...or it could be WIFE.....lol
O.B.
97 Saturn SC2
ITA CFR/SEDV

zracre
05-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Cool I will probably do Road Atlanta in July next.... I need the practice for the ARRC in November....my car is too ugly! It is going to the bodyshop tomorrow so I probably wont be using it much next month. almost 2 seasons worth of dings are adding up!