PDA

View Full Version : 87 civic tire preasure questions

dazzlesa
05-04-2006, 11:08 AM
what is a good place to to set the cold tire preasures for hoosiers. what do you usuaaly see hot?

R2 Racing
05-04-2006, 11:34 AM
In my experience, and probably what you'll hear from other people, Hoosiers like 40psi hot. That's what I shoot for on any of our Hoosier shod IT cars. What you start them at has a lot to do with air temp, track temp, weather, weight of the car, configuration of the track, etc. So it's hard to say where to start them at. I assume this is for your ITB car, so I'd guess if you started around 32psi front and 35psi rear, you shouldn't be too far off. That's assuming a dry track, but not super hot surface temps.

charrbq
05-04-2006, 12:22 PM
What my team mate and I run are pretty much opposite of everyone on the planet. We both drive ITC, but his is a CRX and mine is a Civic. Depending on the track/weather/age of the tires/etc. it's 32-34 front and 30-32 rear. That's for 225/45, front and rear bars, 27mm torsion, 350 lb. coil over, Tokico shocks set way up there. Works for us, and he's got several track records and 5 ARRC wins behind him...that's usually where I run. B)

Tkczecheredflag
05-04-2006, 10:09 PM
What my team mate and I run are pretty much opposite of everyone on the planet. We both drive ITC, but his is a CRX and mine is a Civic. Depending on the track/weather/age of the tires/etc. it's 32-34 front and 30-32 rear. That's for 225/45, front and rear bars, 27mm torsion, 350 lb. coil over, Tokico shocks set way up there. Works for us, and he's got several track records and 5 ARRC wins behind him...that's usually where I run. B)
[/b]
Chris - Where do your rear temps end up hot. I was always more on the 34ish front and 36ish rear. and liked my hot temps around 40 - 42.

charrbq
05-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Same as you. Driving style and tracks apparently tell more of the tail.