PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to CMP Double SARRC & ECR

tom_sprecher
05-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Unfortunately my car is several months away from completion so I'll be there helping my Formula buds, cooking and drinking. Who esle will be there?

Russ Myers
05-04-2006, 07:00 PM
The not so mighty Fiesta will be there on Sunday for the SARRC race. I have to work on Saturday.

Russ

Hotshoe
05-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Unfortunately my car is several months away from completion so I'll be there cooking . Who esle will be there?
[/b]

Tom,

... Come and get me when it's time to eat......... LOL

...... Rick ......

Ron Earp
05-05-2006, 08:19 AM
The Jensen is coming back out to continue the development. New NASCAR radiator, large oil cooler, and Accusump - maybe it can stay on track long enough to do more than 4-5 laps. And no fires this time. Promise. :bash_1_:

Team SSR
05-05-2006, 01:26 PM
We will be there in the 944. Not sure yet which races we will be running... hopefully all of them. We have a new header, new rear torsion bars, new rear sway bar and some more added lightness. Probably same horsepower, though :(

Tristan Smith
05-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Where is the entry form/link? I can't find it anywhere. I plan on being there. But gotta enter first!

Ron Earp
05-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Tristan, if you find it or someone let's you know please post. I need to register too! See you there if all goes well with Jensen work.

R

JeffYoung
05-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Guys, I just checked the CCR forum. The run groups are set (Rick, Tristan, Ron, we are in Group 1, amen!). However, they are having a hard time finding a race chair and that is why the online registration has not been opened. Getting kind of late for these issues, but it is what it is....

Catch22
05-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Yep, we'd sort of like to enter too.

:unsure:

Butch Kummer
05-11-2006, 11:00 AM
CMP Memorial entry is (finally) open on DLBOnline.com or a link thru CCR's website. I'll register after I get back from VIR this weekend...

acuracer
05-11-2006, 01:52 PM
We were planning to bring 4 cars for the ECR . However after seeing that the enduro is on Monday afternoon and we have a 12 hour tow back to Miami it just seems too much. As ECR competitors normally travel a lot it would seem to make sense to schedule the race earlier in the weekend.I have contacted the CCR RE to see if the ECR could be moved to Sunday or at least Monday morning to accomodate those who travel long distances.Hoping for a favorable outcome.

Paul Ronie
Leira-Ronie Motorsports
Miami , Fl

Catch22
05-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Well Paul, to add a counter point. I like that the ECR and ALL of its attached sessions are on Monday and the SARRCs are all done on Sunday.

Given that I'm only running ECRs, I don't even have to show up until Sunday night and I'm on my way back home Monday afternoon. ZFolks who just run SARRCS are done on Sunday and don't have to hang around for 3 days.
Thats the traditional schedule for this particular weekend and I've always really liked it.

JeffYoung
05-11-2006, 11:02 PM
What Scott said. This is, for track time, by far the best weekend you can have in this area (NC, SC, Georgia). 4 races, 2 30 min, 1 45 and 1 1.5 for $500? That's a bargain.

88YB1
05-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Anyone heard any update on registration? What's the deadline to get registration up and still have the race? Trailer is loaded and all set to go. I'm really looking forward to running at CMP.

Chuck

Ron Earp
05-12-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm definitely going to make this one, I like CMP a lot. Anyonw know anything about the test day? How much and when could I enter the track?

I was thinking of running the test day and showing up Thursday night and setting up, maybe sleep there, then run the test day Friday before doing my "testing" under race conditions and blowing a lot of cash. If the JH has issues on the test day I can maybe sort them or make the decision on running the race.

As long as I've been messing around on this forum I've still not run an ITS race! I'm hoping to do it that weekend in the JH!

Ron

88YB1
05-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Ron, The schedule is up on CCR's web page. Pre-race practice is a CMP track day. Contact CMP at 803-475-2448 or www.carolinamotorsportspark.com for pricing and info.java script:emoticon(':cavallo:', 'smid_16')
:cavallo:

Hope to see you at the track

Chuck :cavallo:

jmark
05-15-2006, 05:48 AM
Any Z cars running?

88YB1
05-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Well, registration is open. Kind of difficult, but ast least it's finally open. I registered for the SARRC and ECR.

See you all next weekend :happy204:
Chuck

Knestis
05-15-2006, 09:21 PM
My plan is to run the ECR solo. However, if there's anyone out there who'd like to talk about rental seats - either sharing for the enduro, or running SARRC or Carolina Cup races - let me know.

K

Ron Earp
05-15-2006, 09:38 PM
What Scott said. This is, for track time, by far the best weekend you can have in this area (NC, SC, Georgia). 4 races, 2 30 min, 1 45 and 1 1.5 for $500? That's a bargain.
[/b]

Sadly my friend, even at $500 I must concur that is a bargain. And you KNOW how hard that is for me to say. $2.99 is usually my limit.

Kirk that is tempting. But you don't want me in your car. Fire follows me whenever I drive a car that is new to me. It could be ugly.

R

Parrish57
05-15-2006, 11:53 PM
Any Z cars running?
[/b]

I'll be there with the Silver Z on Sunday and the Monday CCPS. Jay Miller is entered with his 280Z. I'm glad to see him back!

Steve

jmark
05-16-2006, 05:14 AM
I'll be there with the Silver Z on Sunday and the Monday CCPS. Jay Miller is entered with his 280Z. I'm glad to see him back!

Steve
[/b]I am thinking of coming down to shoot some pics. I am the one who took the pics of you at VIR last year. I think David Spillman is thinking of running as well. I've never been to CMP. Steve check your PM.

Ron Earp
05-16-2006, 06:56 AM
Alright, I'm an idiot. How do I get the registration to work?

If I click on the registration link it takes me to the calendar. If I clink on the event on the caldendar it takes me to the region page, and I do it all over again. I am logged into the calendar with a new account and car.

Ron

JamesB
05-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Ron,

When you get to DLB racing site you need to create and account. Then once your signed in you will see on the event date a little notepad. Thats what you click to register for the event. When you setup your registration you add your car in your garage including your transponder number and log book number. Its all done automatically and if its like the WDC setup you will get an e-mail that includes your tech sheet to be brought down with you pre filled out!!!

I hope that helps, and if it doesnt message me, I am very familiar with DLB since our region uses it for both autocross and club registration.

Ron Earp
05-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Thank you. I'm an idiot. I'm clicking on the event and not the icon for registration. Thanks,
Ron

JamesB
05-16-2006, 09:12 AM
First time around I didnt even register and kept going through the loop over and over!!! I learned my lesson.

Catch22
05-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Just as an update for ECR and CCPS registration...

This is the first time CCR has used this system, and there currently is no option to register 2nd drivers for the ECR or CCPS.

I got an email from Betsy Speed today that says they are currently working on fixing this, and it *should* be resolved by Wednesday night.

iambhooper
05-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Ya'll have fun down there! I'll be busy JB Welding the hole that now exist (where the #1 piston used to reside) in the race car. Did anyone happen to stop under the crossover bridge and recover any of the block? If so, could you mail it to me? Thanks

If I'm lucky, I might be around for the regional in August at VIR. Schedule, money, and time are rare resources this summer, for some reason.

Knestis
05-17-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm entered for the ECR and will likely do it solo, but I'd still entertain the possibility of someone picking up costs to share the seat. You must be less of a wanker than I am, however to be eligible. (He says, limiting the field by six SCCA members nationwide.)

K

Fastfred92
05-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Kirk
I would love to take Pablo deuce for a spin but you little people with those little tiny seats make it hard on us "full size" guys :D

JamesB
05-17-2006, 09:40 AM
little?? hes not little, hes a stick. im little, same seat width but about 12" closer to the steering wheel.

civicracer13
05-17-2006, 01:47 PM
I'll be there in ITC ~speedbump~ running the ECR - 1991 Honda Civic HB. Come one all you ITC people, get down there for some fun!

Catch22
05-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Sure. NOW you guys start running ECRs in ITC.

:(

Knestis
05-17-2006, 10:01 PM
I've got a "grown-up" Recaro, too if you want to play, Fred. We used it when we had other full-sized co-drivers (well, co-driver) at VIR the first year.

K

RFloyd
05-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Sure. NOW you guys start running ECRs in ITC.

:(
[/b]

Oh, quit'cher whinin'

I told you to rebuild that C car! <_<

:P

Catch22
05-18-2006, 09:36 AM
I&#39;ve got a "grown-up" Recaro, too if you want to play, Fred. We used it when we had other full-sized co-drivers (well, co-driver) at VIR the first year.

K
[/b]

<raises hand>
That&#39;d be me.
I&#39;m actually only 5&#39;11, 210, but that made me a big fat fatty on that team. Jeez.

I can highly recommend a co-drive with Dr. K. He knows what he&#39;s doing and he makes sure the "renter" gets their moneys worth. The new car is also quite pimptastic.

BTW - 2nd driver registration is now fixed. If you are a 2nd driver and incorrectly registered, you can cancel that registration and re-register as a 2nd driver. Takes about 2 minutes and will probably save far more than that at registration.

Oh, quit&#39;cher whinin&#39;

I told you to rebuild that C car! <_<

:P
[/b]

The small catch is that it wasn&#39;t rebuildable.
Just a minor detail though.

charrbq
05-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Scott, it&#39;s always rebuildable. Rebstock destroyed his Civic in &#39;97, rebuilt it, and it came out a CRX. The rest is history. :lol: All kidding aside, if mine goes titsup, I&#39;ll be hard pressed to build another one. :wacko:

RFloyd
05-18-2006, 06:31 PM
The small catch is that it wasn&#39;t rebuildable.
Just a minor detail though.
[/b]

Bah. Anything can be done with enough money and a big enough hammer. :lol:

Seriously, you said it yourself - those chassis Civic are available everywhere for cheap - you probably didn&#39;t even need to replace the tub, right? Clip the front, a couple panels and some bangin&#39; and Bondo on the rear, and BaBamm, she&#39;s back.

I think you were just tired of the hassle of being the owner, crew cheif, mechanic, sponsor, etc., in addition to being the driver. Well, at least now you&#39;re not the owner.... even though you&#39;re still crew chief, mechanic, part sponsor, etc....... :P

Xian
05-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Bah. Anything can be done with enough money and a big enough hammer. :lol:

Seriously, you said it yourself - those chassis Civic are available everywhere for cheap - you probably didn&#39;t even need to replace the tub, right? Clip the front, a couple panels and some bangin&#39; and Bondo on the rear, and BaBamm, she&#39;s back.

I think you were just tired of the hassle of being the owner, crew cheif, mechanic, sponsor, etc., in addition to being the driver. Well, at least now you&#39;re not the owner.... even though you&#39;re still crew chief, mechanic, part sponsor, etc....... :P
[/b]
Now here you go with more misinformation ;) Scott and I split the crew chief duties (I do what he tells me to do), OPM is pretty much the mechanic of record at this point, and the only sponsor is my wallet :P

Christian, who&#39;ll probably be ready for the "Shultzplan" by next season...

RFloyd
05-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Now here you go with more misinformation ;) Scott and I split the crew chief duties (I do what he tells me to do), OPM is pretty much the mechanic of record at this point, and the only sponsor is my wallet :P

Christian, who&#39;ll probably be ready for the "Shultzplan" by next season...
[/b]

:rolleyes:

Can&#39;t you just let me give Scott some grief? Jeez..... :P

:birra:

Scott is out of the owner ship business! Any more discussion is just :dead_horse:

Off to CMP! :cavallo:

-Floyd, who just wanted an opportunity to use lots of :lol:&#39;s!

Catch22
05-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Nah Chris/Floyd, the whole thing was bent including the roof and the floor pan. There was no rebuilding to be done there.
The drivetrain and part of the suspension was salvageable, so I basically sold it and all the spares as a donor to a new build up in Ohio.

And no, I do NOT miss owning a race car. Not one bit.
I miss the car. It was a damned good race car. But I don&#39;t really miss the hassle of owning it.

OPM is pretty much the mechanic of record at this point, and the only sponsor is my wallet
[/b]

At this point... yeah.
But I&#39;ve already done more mechanicin&#39; on that car than I&#39;d planned to do for the whole year.
And I do feel sorry for the sponsor&#39;s wallet, but you are doing it the "right" way in my opinion. I&#39;ve always thought the sport was too expensive and too dangerous to half-ass things and cut corners in the name of saving a few bucks. My motto is "Either all the way in or all the way out."
Christian is definately all the way in so far in 2006. :unsure:

Xian
05-20-2006, 10:56 AM
But I&#39;ve already done more mechanicin&#39; on that car than I&#39;d planned to do for the whole year. [/b]

You and me both <_<

And I do feel sorry for the sponsor&#39;s wallet, but you are doing it the "right" way in my opinion. I&#39;ve always thought the sport was too expensive and too dangerous to half-ass things and cut corners in the name of saving a few bucks. My motto is "Either all the way in or all the way out."
Christian is definately all the way in so far in 2006. :unsure:
[/b]
Very true. Too much at stake to risk "cheaping out". BTW, I&#39;ve decided against using name brand pads for CMP... I found a set of front pads at the junkyard with over half the material left that we can use. After all, they&#39;re a wear item, right?

Catch22
05-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Call NASA. Maybe they&#39;ll go for the Spec Junkyard brake pad.

It&#39;d save money, so it&#39;d be good for the racers.

Scott = Setting the ball up on the tee for Floyd...

Xian
05-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Call NASA. Maybe they&#39;ll go for the Spec Junkyard brake pad.[/b]
I just got off the phone with Chris Cobetto... he said NASA was going to go with Cobalt as the spec pad
but nobody would return their calls so instead they&#39;re going to require pads that are being supplied by the Automotive Dismantlers Union of America. Apparently they have a large supply and distribution network already in place so there shouldn&#39;t be any problems with shortages. Additionally, all pads will come pre-shaved (for competition purposes) and are budget priced at $195/set. <_<

Christian, who&#39;s kinda suprised Floyd hasn&#39;t already responded

Ron Earp
05-24-2006, 07:22 AM
I&#39;ll be there with the Silver Z on Sunday and the Monday CCPS. Jay Miller is entered with his 280Z. I&#39;m glad to see him back!

Steve
[/b]

Steve, it&#39;ll be good to see the Z back out on track, missed you at VIR. Good to hear Jay will be back as I&#39;ve not seen him since the Roebling day that took our Z.

You guys will have to fight off the British Invasion this weekend as it *looks* like the TR8 and the Jensen might actually both race simultaneously.

I think we&#39;re in violation of some sort of "Exclusivity Principle for British Cars" that states no two British cars can simultaneously run within the radius of the Lucas Electric Field (LEF). What this means in practice is that I&#39;ll have to follow the pack at a safe distance or the LEF collapses and both cars cease to exist.

Hope to run this weekend. If not I&#39;ll stand about, drink beer, and generally become a nusiance.

Ron

jmark
05-24-2006, 08:05 AM
I hear Mr. Spillman may be there in his Z car as well.

Ron Earp
05-25-2006, 06:24 AM
Anyone going to be down on the test day Friday?

Hotshoe
05-25-2006, 07:36 PM
If not I&#39;ll stand about, drink beer, and generally become a nusiance.

Ron
[/b]

Hey Ron,

..... Come on by and pester me if you get a chance.

..... I&#39;ll put you to work like I did at VIR .... LOL

..... Rick .....

Ron Earp
05-25-2006, 07:49 PM
:P Let me boot that RX7 around CMP and you&#39;ve got a deal! LOL!

CMP is my favorite track so far from the only four I&#39;ve driven. If I don&#39;t get to race the JH I&#39;ll be available for work, well, maybe - there is another British car there that I might have to wrench on too! I&#39;m down here now, rainy, but should clear up for tomorrow.

Ron

Limey
05-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Ron, how&#39;s the JH running?? No more fires I hope.........

what sort of times are you laying down?

Cheers, Mark

Tristan Smith
05-29-2006, 09:10 AM
I want to congratulate Jeff Young on his sunday race. While he went out early with brake problems, he did lead the S field for 3 or 4 laps.

CMP was a handful this weekend. 90 temps, 110 in the sun, made the track a skating ring. Ricky Thompson really tore up the track to win the A races. The sunday race was the ugliest thing I have seen in a long time. If anyone didn&#39;t have an "off" at least once, I would be amazed.

Ron and Jeff, great to hang out with you guys again. Sorry that you guys didn&#39;t have better luck.

JeffYoung
05-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Amen Tristan. What a mess that weekend was. Slickest I&#39;ve seen that place in my short racing career. The A cars ran great both races, put us S guys (other than Steve E) to shame. Congrats to Tristan for a 2nd on Saturday, and a 2nd to Jay Miller (great to have you back) on Sunday in S.

Thanks for the props on the brief run to the front on Sunday. It only matters where you finish, so I have to sort out those brake issues.

Knestis
05-31-2006, 08:56 PM
I passed Jeff&#39;s TR on the trailer as we were headed to CMP and he was headed home, on Sunday evening. It looked kind of, um, dusty. :)

We had a successful, if not terribly fast, ECR with Pablo Nuevo. 140+ miles on the highway each direction and the same amount covered during the 2 hour race, with only a swap of tires, removal of the camping crap, an oil change, and a couple of tablespoons of fluid through the brakes...

K

seckerich
05-31-2006, 10:04 PM
I heard that S was led by a british car for the first time this decade :P Great run for you Jeff until the brakes died. Can&#39;t say I wasn&#39;t happier by the pool Sunday. Did ya miss me?

JeffYoung
06-01-2006, 03:49 AM
Let&#39;s see:

1. Dusty, hot, tired and going into turn 8 (leading) with no brakes v.

2. Relaxing at pool with cold beer..... :birra:

Actually, I&#39;ll take (1) above.

Steve, I like you, but I didn&#39;t miss you -- if you had been there, I would NOT have been leading...LOL. Next time I see you at the track, I promise my brakes will pass inspection.....

Kirk, missed you on the way down, sorry about that. Did want to see Pablo Neuvo Azure.......glad he ran ok. You running the ECR at Charlotte?

Knestis
06-01-2006, 07:23 AM
We&#39;ll get through the Summit 12 Hours in three weeks and then decide what&#39;s next. I&#39;d be up for someone renting a seat, to help make some more ECRs doable...

K

Catch22
06-02-2006, 08:10 PM
That was, without question, the slipperiest dry track I have ever driven on.

88YB1
06-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the comments about the track being slippery. This was my third race (first at CMP) and I just thought it was my inexpierence showing. I was able to turn my fastest laps to date during Sundays SARRC, and that with no offs. The track seemed even slicker for Mondays ECR. My times were two seconds slower, and I spun in turn 11 and 14. Overall I had a blast. I&#39;m looking forward to Road Atlanta In July.

Chuck :happy204: