PDA

View Full Version : Long wheel studs/front spliter

rxracer96
05-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Looking for a source for longer than stock wheel studs besides speedsource.While im at it what spliters are out there besides ISC's.Thanks in advance to all.

tdw6974
05-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Summit Racing has longer studs. There are some that have an unthreaded snoot to start the lug nut on makes it easier.

benspeed
05-03-2006, 11:24 AM
I've used Moroso studs - if memory servers part number 4186....

Remember that you might need to chamfer the inside of your rotors to prevent cracking. The knurl of the stud will contact the rotor and crack/break it. Put a 9/16 chamfer about 3/8 into the rotor.

I've been down this road and took me awhile to figure out why my rotors were breaking. PS - I came off the track at the Glen where you get speeds in the 130-140 range. The rotor basically fell to pieces after the race. Finally realized it was the stud knurl doing this.

The studs are long enough that I can run 1/2 spacers.

Call flatout motorsports - they sell splitters. Located in MA and on the web at www.flatoutmotorsports.com

chuck baader
05-03-2006, 04:10 PM
You can get Moroso or ARP (actually "J" body stuff) studs from Jegs or Summit. I have used both and I perfer the ARP simply because they are metric. The are both the same lengh thread, but the Moroso have a 1/4" flat section on the end to prevent cross threading. One other thing, the Moroso's must be lubed if you are going to rattle the lugs off....otherwise, they will gall and sieze the nut...don't ask :bash_1_: The ARP are cad plated, but I still lube. Chuck