PDA

View Full Version : MARRS results

erlrich
05-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Sorry if this has been covered before, but are the MARRS results posted anywhere other than the WDCR website? I don't see them on mylaps.com, didn't know if there was anywhere else to check.

Thanks

dazzlesa
05-01-2006, 09:46 AM
in ITA kirk,rick,john,greg

erlrich
05-01-2006, 10:23 AM
in ITA kirk,rick,john,greg [/b]

Thanks Rick - I didn't know you and John had gotten by Greg, did he have a moment? I was more looking for times though, I thought I had picked up a second or two from qualifying.

Btw, thanks for not running over me in the carousel, things got pretty tight there for a few seconds :o

JamesB
05-01-2006, 11:54 AM
they dont use software compatible with mylaps. www.offtotheraces.net is where they will post it.

22timber
05-01-2006, 07:08 PM
In ITS:

Lytle -- BMW
Hoffman -- Acura
Lapos -- RX7
Jones -- BMW

not sure after that...

JamesB
05-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Results are up!!!

http://www.offtotheraces.net/marrs1,2006.html

erlrich
05-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Results are up!!!

[/b]

Thanks James -

Hey, I just realized, you were in the black ITB Golf, right? I was right behind you when you got loose coming out of 5; I thought I was going to get a run on you but you made a great save. Then I had to check up just for a second for Art, and you were outta there - nice job. Maybe next time.

mlytle
05-01-2006, 11:27 PM
In ITS:

Lytle -- BMW
Hoffman -- Acura
Lapos -- RX7
Jones -- BMW

not sure after that...
[/b]
that was the ugliest race i have been in. first race for its in with gt1, gt2, ite, t2 and as. 45 cars on the grid. racing with american sedans just plain sucks. they can't stop or turn. they brake way early, are wide and drive down the middle so you can't get around them, and are so loose in the turns that you don't feel comfortable going next to them. i don't see how the drivers control those cars or have any fun. they do go fast in a straight line though...right before the engines blow up! hoffman and i spent more time trying to deal with the 'murican cars than we did trying to get around each other.

it was kind of funny though. the top two its cars would have been 2,3 in ite and 3,4 in as and gt2. some interesting comments in impound by v8 drivers about how fast our little 4 and 6 cyl cars were...(and n/a two rotors mark!)

its was also the only class in the group that had all the cars finish. 12 started, 12 took the checker.

22timber
05-02-2006, 05:45 AM
I agree, Marshall. That race (and the qualifying) was ugly. Wrecks, near wrecks, blown motors, parts (and even an orange cone?) laying on the track, etc... And remember, I started in SRX7, so I've been involved in ugly races before :D

Mark "n/a 2 rotors" Lapos

erlrich
05-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Results are up!!!

[/b]

Hmmm, interesting, they've pulled the results this morning. You don't think they found out I was using nitrous, do you :D

JamesB
05-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Hmmm, interesting, they've pulled the results this morning. You don't think they found out I was using nitrous, do you :D
[/b]

The links working for me this morning. Could have been someone fat fingered something and fixed it.

Thanks, I was having a great drive, I even shaved a full 1.5 seconds off my best time last month as SP. That time I got squirly in 5, I got a great shot out of 3, and even better out of the chute and next I knew I was slippin and a sliding through 5 with you on my tail. I had to start without 2nd gear with really killed me the first two laps since every time I got checked up I had nothing lower I could use.

It was a great first race for me, I learned a ton and im sure I will learn a ton more at VIR (If I can get a transmission together in time.)

mgyip
05-02-2006, 01:21 PM
erlrich - just realized which car you were driving. I was in the orange ITA GTi that started close to the back. I remember the car but don't remember much else as the first few laps were a bit of a blur since I was on a bit of a "mission from God" to prove that the General Li is still a viable racecar.

The results are a bit disappointing - about 2 seconds off my "fast" pace but not bad for a car that was in tiny little pieces only two weeks prior.

erlrich
05-02-2006, 02:14 PM
erlrich - just realized which car you were driving. I was in the orange ITA GTi that started close to the back. I remember the car but don't remember much else as the first few laps were a bit of a blur since I was on a bit of a "mission from God" to prove that the General Li is still a viable racecar.

The results are a bit disappointing - about 2 seconds off my "fast" pace but not bad for a car that was in tiny little pieces only two weeks prior. [/b]

Matt - I definitely remember you coming by me, you can't miss the General :D . I was being a little too cautious at the start, and as a result got freight-trained going down the chute, and then again exiting 10 (where you went by I believe). I did finally get it in gear, and once I was able to get past a well driven Volvo (# 40 I think) I started running laps that were a good second+ faster than my previous best (qualifying) times. I was able to catch up to the pack I had started the race with (I believe you were leading the group), only to fall back after dodging a couple of spinners & sliders.

All in all I had an awesome weekend, I learned a lot (I imagine the curve is pretty steep in the beginning), and went home with all the parts & pieces I left with, in the same places no less :happy204: . I'm already chomping at the bit to get to the next event. I'm on the fence about VIR, I want so badly to get to that track, but that's gonna be an expensive weekend and I now feel the need to throw some more money at the car to try and pick up another second or two. If I don't make it to VIR I'll see you guys again at MARRS IV.

mgyip
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
All in all I had an awesome weekend, I learned a lot (I imagine the curve is pretty steep in the beginning), and went home with all the parts & pieces I left with, in the same places no less :happy204: . I'm already chomping at the bit to get to the next event. I'm on the fence about VIR, I want so badly to get to that track, but that's gonna be an expensive weekend and I now feel the need to throw some more money at the car to try and pick up another second or two. [/b]

Glad to know that you have a good race!! I'm already registered for VIR and a smallish herd of us is busy planning our travel plans so that we can get ourselves paddocked together without much drama. I hope you make VIR - I think you'd be better off driving VIR and learning a bit more about the car than throwing money at it in hopes of improving your lap times.

In any case, stop by and say "Hi" at the next MARRS race!!

JamesB
05-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Earl I remember you now, the red 240sx? The volvo was Jim Stem #40 he and I had a great race for a little while and I believe thats when I got by you. Once I got around him I really got to streach my legs and I spent half the race trying to find a way around halman in that #69 arrow.

If you ask me, and if you are a rookie like me seat time is going to net better lap times the dumping money into the car. Since October last year in this very same car with only small changes (worked on fuel mixture, brake bias setting, and alignment.) I have gone from a 1:38 to a 1:34 at SP, I dropped over a second off my qualifing times!!! Come out to VIR, get the seat time, you'll find a lot more time that way then you will by dumping cash into the car. Plus you can always paddock with us (yip, me and others), or at least come say hi.

The only reason im spending money on the car is because you cant run at VIR without second gear in my class.