PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Races NHIS

JLawton
04-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Anybody know the schedule for the NHIS races Memorial Day weekend? On the registration page they have a race scheduled for Monday but on the schedule they have an HPDE event?

dickita15
04-30-2006, 04:21 PM
saturday morning qualify
saturday afternoon race Narrc/Nerrc points
sunday morning race nerrc points only
sunday afternoon race Narrc/Nerrc points
monday PDX event

almracing
04-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Very cool! Congrats for pulling this together! It should be a great weekend.

Andy Bettencourt
04-30-2006, 06:43 PM
saturday morning qualify
monday PDX event [/b]

Not to doubt you Dick but I thought one of the reasons to make it a NARRC Double only was to allow our friends from out of Region to get a head-start on the trip home by having their points races be Sat afternoon and Sunday morning? A 'dead' race in between seems counter to the intent - or was the intent to simply limit the amount of NARRC points paying races NHIS held? Then it would still make sense to get them on their way early should they choose not to run the third...

...and you will still have to run the Sunday morning race in order to 'qualify' for the Sun afternoon race unless you want to start from the back...so we are effectively requiring everyone to run the whole weekend...

Either way, for those staying for the whole thing, it is going top be a great weekend with a fun format and mucho racing.

AB

StephF
04-30-2006, 08:54 PM
saturday morning qualify
monday PDX event
[/b]

NESCCA site shows this:

06-XXXXX Triple Regional Day 1 5/27/2006 NER NHIS R RR View Pending Pre-race Count
06-XXXXX Triple Regional Day 2 5/28/2006 NER NHIS R RR View Pending Pre-race Count
06-XXXXX Triple Regional Day 3 5/29/2006 NER NHIS R RR View Pending Pre-race Count

That would be Sat, Sun & Mon.
Now you say a PDX instead?

?????

Greg Amy
04-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Racing at LRP on Sunday??? Isn't that, like, immoral?

I'm not sure if I could do it, I'd feel so...dirty....

JLawton
05-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Racing at LRP on Sunday??? Isn't that, like, immoral?

I'm not sure if I could do it, I'd feel so...dirty....
[/b]

Dude, this NHIS............

Greg Amy
05-01-2006, 07:10 AM
NHIS?? Really? My brain is programmed to equate "Memorial Day" to "Lime Rock Park" for DECADES. Hell, I used to plan my Memorial Day activities when I lived in Texas so I could watch the GTP cars live on TV ("racing on a MONDAY! Woo-hoo!"). What happened to all this? Now that I think about it, isn't Grand-Am (e.g., Serra and company) running at LRP that weekend?

Jeez, my head is all screwed up now. I'm not sure if I'm prepared to turn my back on all this...how in the hell are we going to have enough workers to staff both events 3 hours apart? And if we've decided to turn our backs on LRP for the weekend, hwo do you expect the WORKERS to ignore this opportunity?

This sounds to me like a very ugly political football...hopefully we're not the ones teed-up for the kickoff...

Jeremy Billiel
05-01-2006, 07:47 AM
I agree with you Greg. As soon as I hear Memorial Day weekend I think LRP. The issue is help out friends in need or go watch MSN race.... Although with LRP's weekend ticket price it may be cheaper to go to NHIS! :D

Andy Bettencourt
05-01-2006, 09:57 AM
I think NYR has signed an agreement with LRP to staff the Pro races on the schedule so I would think that the worker supply for NHIS won't be affected THAT much.

That weekend does stink for the FOM team however. Nick, Anthony and the Davis/MSN/FOM Grand Am effort will be at LRP trying to rack up some points...while we run what could be one of the coolest weekends of the year for NER at NHIS. Rats!

One question: If the Sunday afternoon race is NARRC and not the morning, how are these drivers supposed to qualify if the schdule is:

Sat morn qual
Sat afternoon race
Sun morn race (qual spots based on Sat afternoon finish)
Sun afternoon race (qual spots based on Sun morn finish)

Brian or Dick should be able to clear it up for us.

dickita15
05-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Saturday afternoon’s race grid is set by Morning Qualifying
Sunday morning race grid set by sat afternoon race.
Sunday afternoon race set by Sunday morning race

Technically it is a double with two sanctions and credit for two races on your licence

I for one would rather race at NHIS that watch at LRP

RSTPerformance
05-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Saturday afternoon’s race grid is set by Morning Qualifying
Sunday morning race grid set by sat afternoon race.
Sunday afternoon race set by Sunday morning race

Technically it is a double with two sanctions and credit for two races on your licence

I for one would rather race at NHIS that watch at LRP
[/b]

Agreed dick!!! Should be a great weekend!!! Oh and drivers don't forget to stick around and work on Monday... IE: give back to all those workers who hopefully attend Mondays event!!!

Raymond

BobsAuto
05-01-2006, 07:13 PM
What a wonderful way to spend Memorial Day weekend and so close to home! Don't forget us on your crew list, RST.....we'll be there! Gee, and you might even con me into bringing a cooler of Gatorade, fruit, and cold cuts.

JLawton
05-02-2006, 07:11 AM
But the bottom line is we are NOT racing on Monday??

As Steph said, it contradicts the NESCCA site...........

itracer
05-02-2006, 09:57 AM
NER's schedule is at

NER's Schedule (http://www.ner.org/RR1/06/06schedule.htm)

The NESCCA site is not accurate until all the applications are submitted and approved by Topeka.

Flaggers have been known to do the New England 400 on Memorial Day weekend. It's 200 miles from LRP to NHIS, and there is no racing at LRP on Sunday and the "car show" was a snooze last year. I hope to see them for the whole weekend.

Are there any IT drivers on this board that would be interested in helping to organize/sponsor a party on Saturday or Sunday night? I have spoken with the track in the past and there is a possibility that we could have a bon fire behind turn six :birra: . I will contact the track if there is enough interest and support from my fellow IT drivers to help set up and clean up. Any takers? Post here or email me at: itracer * gmail . com (replace * w/@)

RSTPerformance
05-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Are there any IT drivers on this board that would be interested in helping to organize/sponsor a party on Saturday or Sunday night? I have spoken with the track in the past and there is a possibility that we could have a bon fire behind turn six :birra: . I will contact the track if there is enough interest and support from my fellow IT drivers to help set up and clean up. Any takers? Post here or email me at: itracer * gmail . com (replace * w/@)
[/b]

Stephen and I are in along with our possy :rolleyes:

Raymond

lateapex911
05-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Stephen and I are in along with our possy :rolleyes:

Raymond
[/b]

Good thing you didn't REALLY mis spell that last word, LOL...it's bad enough as is....

:lol:

Raceman77
05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
What is the PDX event on Monday. How does it work?

BobsAuto
05-03-2006, 08:36 PM
If, indeed you have the bonfire, let me know....I may be able to supply some pallets and a huge tree trunk for it. I just need to know asap before I dispose of them at the dump.

JLawton
05-04-2006, 06:52 AM
So there is only going to be two races for the weekend...........

Andy Bettencourt
05-04-2006, 07:14 AM
So there is only going to be two races for the weekend........... [/b]

No - 3.

1 Sat and 2 Sunday. Nothing Monday.

JLawton
05-04-2006, 09:51 AM
No - 3.

1 Sat and 2 Sunday. Nothing Monday.
[/b]

<sigh> The schedule with the sups say: Qualifying and race Saturday, qualifying and race on Sunday.

There is only two sanction numbers........... :wacko:

Andy Bettencourt
05-04-2006, 10:33 AM
2 Sanction numbers for NARRC. Dick wrote the schedule above

RSTPerformance
05-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Jeff-

The way the event was set up IMO is perfect.

Basically my understaning is that we have:

3 races for NERRC Points
2 Races for NARRC Points
2 Races for SCCA credit towards a Regional/National licence

Raymond

Andy Bettencourt
05-04-2006, 02:17 PM
To be even more specific:

Saturday morning qualify for 1st NARRC/NERRC race
Saturday afternoon NARRC/NERRC Race #1
Sunday morning NERRC #2 (Non-NARRC) race - also used as a qualifier for NARRC race #2
Sunday afternoon NARRC #2 / NERRC #3
Monday PDX

See - it&#39;s simple! :P

JLawton
05-04-2006, 02:49 PM
See - it&#39;s simple! :P
[/b]

:dead_horse: My confusion only came from the fact that the race registration has only two races listed!!

Not that I don&#39;t believe you guys!! <_<

:P

<edit> I just read the sups (that helps!) Sunday qualifying is called a "qualifying race". Now I get it!! :023:

dickita15
05-04-2006, 04:50 PM
well if nothing else we suceeded in getting one driver to actually read the supps. :rolleyes:

RSTPerformance
05-04-2006, 10:32 PM
well if nothing else we suceeded in getting one driver to actually read the supps. :rolleyes:
[/b]

lol

16v
05-05-2006, 12:32 AM
[/b]

:D

JLawton
05-08-2006, 12:47 PM
[/b]

I promise never to do it again!!

Anyone need a garage?? We have an opening. North side of the North garages. It&#39;s supposed to rain that weekend.........

Contact me at: jlawton at echn.org

Jeremy Billiel
05-08-2006, 01:47 PM
I so want to be there, but the wife just finished her graduate degree and she says she wants a "real" vacation and not to watch me race. Damn! See you guys in June!

lateapex911
05-08-2006, 02:58 PM
What, the racetrack isn&#39;t "real" enough??

You really get away from your job at the track....
You really spend lots of money fast at the track...
You really spend lots of time in the sun at the track...
You really get to sit in weekend traffic when you go to the track...

Sounds like a real vacation to me!!

Jeremy Billiel
05-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Its certainly a nice vacation for the racers, but the wife... Thats a different answer. Trust me I tried!

:dead_horse:

StephF
05-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Aww c&#39;mon, it&#39;s all in the presentation.
Try this:
"Honey, this year, I&#39;m taking you to the Poconos for Mother&#39;s Day."
Or
"How about a nice Memorial Day spent in the Lakes region of NH?"
Or what about:
"Let&#39;s go to CT for the fireworks on July 4th. We&#39;ll stay in a nice B&B, and have a picnic lunch."
Just don&#39;t mention the, er, other part of it
:rolleyes:

RSTPerformance
05-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Steph-

Thats good... real good...

Anyone need a garage?? We have an opening. North side of the North garages. It&#39;s supposed to rain that weekend.........

[/b]

Jeff-

Its suposed to rain again!!! YAY, that would make me VERY VERY happy!!!

Raymond

RSTPerformance
05-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Raymond
While I understand your enthusiasim for a wet track, I&#39;m not sure the rest of the crew feels the same way :018: It is still early, lets see what happens
Tom

bg43wex
05-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey Gang,

Now that we understand the race format can we talk about the PDX?

On Memorial Day Monday we&#39;ll conduct our first SCCA PDE at NHIS.

Many of you have moved through the ranks from SOLO to PDE to Road Racing and you all now these events
Can’t happen without the help of skilled instructors.

This brings me to my question.

NER needs 30-35 instructors to help mold the next generation of road racers at our PDX. Can we count on some of you to help?

This is an awesome chance to give back to the club that works so hard for you.
Many of the students will be volunteers who through rain, fog, sleet; cold and heat have come out for you. (Subtle guilt). There will be instructor only sessions and lunch for all instructors.

Oh yeah, BEER afterwards to..

Please give the idea some thought (subtle hint). Did I mention BEER?

Noam Levine is the chief instructor and he could use the fellow IT competitor’s support (subtle request).

Please contact me or Noam if you can attend.

Brian m

nlevine
05-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the plug, Brian!

If you&#39;re interested in instructing, please contact me at [email protected].. If you&#39;ve never instructed before, it&#39;s an eye-opening experience and I think it&#39;s actually helped me as a driver (you never analyze the line so much as when you&#39;re trying to teach it to somebody else). If you have instructed before - whether with a marque club (BMW CCA, PCA) or other school (SCDA, COM, etc), then I could really use your experience with the contingent of novice drivers.

Thanks for listening, and I hope to see everybody on Memorial Day. I&#39;m hoping to actually have my own car ready to race by then, too..

-noam

bg43wex
05-10-2006, 04:04 PM
I don&#39;t mean to :dead_horse:

but if I don&#39;t keep asking this thread will die.

please, it&#39;s for the children. (children of racing )

conatct Noam or me if you can help
[email protected]
508-954-8110

p99ro
05-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Wait
Rain?
What channel are you watching. The Farmers Network? on channel -01
I understand the misleading of 3 days. Before any supps I heard it was 3 days of racing. I guess that includes waiting in line on Friday. On friday we do get more track time.
Not a slight on our beutiful people who help us in the Cabin.
Scott CRXsi 07

Andy Bettencourt
05-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Scott,

The rain he speaks of is for Pocono this weekend. 3 days of racing may have morphed from the "Triple Event". There are 3 races in 2 days, not 3 days of racing.

hunter164
05-12-2006, 10:09 AM
The way this season is starting, we might as well forcast a Memorial Day monsoon.

-Greg

RSTPerformance
05-12-2006, 10:44 AM

[/b]

OK I think I may have confused a few people... sorry, not the first time or the last!!!

Above is a "Quote" from Jeff L where he predicted rain for memorial day, in what I beleive is an honest attempt to find a roomie at NHIS... I could be wrong, maybe it wasn&#39;t all that honest!!! lol Anyway with that prediction I got excited for another rain race at NHIS... That would be a blast IMO but I am a bit crazy... 3 races in the rain!!!! :035:

Anyway back to normal talk with no rain, just so that all of you will be a bit happier ;)

Raymond

JLawton
05-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Above is a "Quote" from Jeff L where he predicted rain for memorial day, in what I beleive is an honest attempt to find a roomie at NHIS... I could be wrong, maybe it wasn&#39;t all that honest!!! lol
Raymond
[/b]

Yup, you got that one right. I was just trying to find a fourth for two garages.

If we get closer and the forcast is for rain, the price doubles!! :lol:

RaceSmart
05-15-2006, 08:24 PM
[b]We will be at NHIS Memorial Day weekend with dry and wet tires, Hoosier and Toyos -- and of course, the beverage of your choice after raceday! See you there!

Bob Smart
Northeast Racing Enterprises/
Smartys Auto
518-622-0329
[email protected]

BobsAuto
05-15-2006, 08:40 PM
BTW, folks, here&#39;s a little trivia about Memorial Day in Loudon, NH. Back in the "old" days, when it was still Bryar and the Nationals were held on the 3 day weekend.....you could count on rain for one-three days of the weekend for 10 years that I remember. Ted Goddard could tell you exactly, but it was certain, it was not Memorial Day without rain.
And, if last year is an indicator, it rained on my yard sale......
And the rumor is, 40 days and 40 nights....or at least it feels like that at this point.
Hey, Ray, have you got the kayak out to get to the houses yet? :unsure: