PDA

View Full Version : Who's in for Pocono?

jcmotorsports
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Who's in for Pocono in 2 weeks? I'm going but I'm not sure what car or carsI am going to run. I may bring both the SSC car and the ITS car.

RSTPerformance
04-27-2006, 04:02 PM
As long as we have transportation for the cars we should have both Audi's thier in ITB for the sprint races and 1 car for the Enduro (stephen and I for the sprint race and Stephen and dad in 1 car for the Enduro!!!

Still never got an answer about the Enduro and its effects on the season points for the NERRC Endurance series... Not sure who to contact on the rules for that issue.

Raymond

BB Racer
04-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Looks like BBRacing will be headed down, but with only the 16 car. If anyone wants to rent space for their car in an enlosed trailer for the trip let us know, we'll be leaving the Boston area on Friday night and leaving PA on Sunday night. Anyone know about renting garages at pocono?

DMaynard
04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
The 3D Race Team will be heading to Pocono Friday Morning with our newly installed "SIR".

Deb

:eclipsee_steering:

Tkczecheredflag
04-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I think we will take a run down for Saturday only sprint race. Sunday is Mother's Day so family calls. You gotta love the chicane.

robits325is
04-27-2006, 07:27 PM
I'll be there for both days.

Does anyone have hotel information or details about getting a garage?

Thanks.

jcmotorsports
04-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Raymond
What kind of times do the ITB and SSM cars run at Pocono? Looks like all the top guns in ITS are going to be there!!!! It's going to be really hard NOT to bring the RX7!!!!!!!!!!

RaceSmart
04-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi all ! Northeast Racing Enterprises will be at Pocono to provide all with Hoosiers and mount/balancing services for all tire makes - and, for any SM/SSM drivers reading, we now also carry the Toyo spec tire for Miatas! We also offer welding services and a cold beer or beverage of your choice at the end of the day!
I'll also be racing the enduro Sunday with Dave Austin in our ITB BMW, to get out on the track and have some fun with you guys/gals! All work and no play makes for a cranky Smarty!
See you there!

Robert Smart
Northeast Racing Enterprises / Smartys Auto
518-622-0329
[email protected]

RSTPerformance
04-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Raymond
What kind of times do the ITB and SSM cars run at Pocono? Looks like all the top guns in ITS are going to be there!!!! It's going to be really hard NOT to bring the RX7!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]

Both classes are equal (or were last year) around 2 min flat, we will be hoping to get into the 59's or even 58's if we are on our game!!!

Should be very interesting battling it up with the SSM cars for top position... Surely they will gain a great draft from our cars, unfortunatly they probably wont help us much!!! I bet if we are quick though whatever SSM cars team up with us will easily break the track record in that class... we have HUGE erodynamic cars that will only help them...

Bildon boys, are we going to finaly get a rematch? Its been how long!!! I don't see either of you pre-registered yet... Enduro also?

Butch O'Connor what about you? havn't seen you in a while... Long time family hero, Miss ya!!!

8 cars pre registered for ITB, big turn out so far for ITB and Pocono...

Raymond

PS: Bob, don't forget my hat ;) and I'll snag a beer also!!!

dominojd
04-28-2006, 06:10 AM
Who's in for Pocono in 2 weeks? I'm going but I'm not sure what car or carsI am going to run. I may bring both the SSC car and the ITS car.
[/b]

I'll be there.

Tkczecheredflag
04-28-2006, 07:01 AM
I'll be there for both days.

Does anyone have hotel information or details about getting a garage?

Thanks.
[/b]
If available - my favorite. I'll be giving up my 2 reservations on Saturday night.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g5...nnsylvania.html (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52213-d74509-Reviews-Best_Western_Inn_at_Blakeslee_Pocono-Blakeslee_Pennsylvania.html)

jcmotorsports
04-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Raymond
It will be even more interesting than that I ran low to mid 59's last year at the August National!!!! I am PLANNING on going into the 58's so it should be a very interesting race!!!!!!! See you there

Andy Bettencourt
04-28-2006, 09:17 AM
FOM will be splitting up again. Nick will be with the GAC program at Laguna while we are there.

Bringing:

Me in the ITA Miata
Forrest in an SM
Jeff Harding in his (Nick's old) RX-7. I expect him to be quick.

Acura's at the front in ITA (unless Greg shows up) and Ben and Rob at the front in ITS.

StephF
04-28-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm planning on it, if I can find someone to be crew (will work for beer!) :birra:
Hey, does anyone know what time Tech closes on Saturday night? I can't take off until I'm done work, so I won't be there until 8 p.m. or so. It doesn't reopen until 8:30 Sunday.I'd prefer to get unloaded, teched, etc Sat. night.

benspeed
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
FOM will be splitting up again. Nick will be with the GAC program at Laguna while we are there.

Bringing:

Me in the ITA Miata
Forrest in an SM
Jeff Harding in his (Nick's old) RX-7. I expect him to be quick.

Acura's at the front in ITA (unless Greg shows up) and Ben and Rob at the front in ITS.
[/b]

Based upon my un-named laming race shop who doesn't think part of the job is getting the car done in time to race - I think there's a good chance I run in ITS so it'll be a very cool deal to see how the Mazda stacks up agains the SIR E36 and the pro-prepped E46 of Rob. If I bring the Mazda I'll run the enduro too.

Rob, tell Jeff to get those valves fixed in time!

robits325is
04-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Jeff will be all set by Pocono. See you there Ben!

RR
04-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Does anyone know the track configuration for the Pocano race. ie- what are top speeds ITS

TimM ITB
04-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Raymond / Stephen;
You are correct! Those big Audi's ought to be poking BIG holes through the air at Pocono..........and I will do my best to stay right in behind you...........until the last lap! See you there!
Tim M
PS: I just connected with Butch O'Connor, and he and I are gonna run my little red beast in the Enduro on Sunday - looks like a great Enduro turnout in ITB

robits325is
04-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Does anyone know the track configuration for the Pocano race. ie- what are top speeds ITS
[/b]

The last time I was at Pocono (2004) I hit 145 on the Long Pond Straight. (E-36 325is) I believe we are usiing the same track configuration this year.

tdw6974
04-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Lets see looks like 4 of us. Steve M in F500, Gene L in Ita Nissan, Ed Z in the "DO NOT HUMP" Miata, Bill W with our first outing with ITS car. I hope the weather is as good as it was last Thursday at Pocono. 80 degrees slight breeze plus everything Held together. Also for any of the First Gen RX-7 Guys will have a set of Front Rotors and a Maxda comp Drive shaft for sale. TW :eclipsee_steering:

Bildon
04-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Maybe I'm blind but I can't find the Tech and Registration closing times for Friday night????
I see the track closes at 9pm but what about tech & reg ?

Andy Bettencourt
04-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Maybe I'm blind but I can't find the Tech and Registration closing times for Friday night????
I see the track closes at 9pm but what about tech & reg ?
[/b]

http://www.nescca.com/registration/Supps/06-RS-163-P.pdf

Page 10 of 11.

Reg on Friday 7-9:30pm
Tech on Friday 7-9:30pm

benspeed
05-04-2006, 05:00 PM
It looks like ITA and ITC might be moved to group 3 for the Pocono races - I'll give an update when I know for sure.

bp

Dave Zaslow
05-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Group 3, ITB/SSM/SSC has 30 registered now;12/16/2 cars respectivly.
Group 5, ITS/ITA/ITC/SM has 53; 18/14/1/20.
With the swap proposed above there would be 45 pre-reg in group3, 38 in group 5. Is this a better grouping?
I would rather have all the IT cars run as a group and let the smash miatas demolish themselves (along with the ssc cars).
The car counts would be the same (as of now anyway).

Dave Z

It looks like ITA and ITC might be moved to group 3 for the Pocono races - I'll give an update when I know for sure.

bp
[/b]

RSTPerformance
05-05-2006, 11:32 PM
I would love to race the Miata's for the overall lead, should I be fast enough... with ITA I would stand no chance, and in actuality I have always had a great time driving with the top Miata guys...

Chris Humphrey
05-08-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm in.... but I have a questions. Does the $300 entry fee cover the sprint races and the Enduro?

StephF
05-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Nope. The Regional is $195 for one day, $300 for both. The enduro is $300.

RSTPerformance
05-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Pre Race Count: 194 registered entrants!!!! Is that a Pocono Record??? seems to me like an awsome turnout!!!
http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...asp?ID=38604353 (http://www.nescca.com/registration/currentcount.asp?ID=38604353)

Weather Report: Looks like it will be a great weekend, Cool with a slight possiblity of showers... If the track is dry, I see some track records coming...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/18334

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Raymond

Greg Amy
05-08-2006, 10:32 PM
For those of you that have raced Pocono recently (I haven't raced there since 1992, although I did run at an HPDE there this past weekend):

- I see in the supps that camping is allowed in the infield; I'm thinking of packing a sleeping bag and staying in either the van or the enclosed trailer. Can we stay in the trailer in the paddock, or do we have to go out into the infield?

- Either way, how hard is it to sidle up to someone and get access to a 110V plug to run a small heater for a few hours at night?

- Are we allowed to use the "ARCA Crew Lounge" showers, or are there some other showers for our use?

- Any other oddball restrictions?

See you Friday...!

GregA

RSTPerformance
05-09-2006, 08:38 AM
For those of you that have raced Pocono recently (I haven't raced there since 1992, although I did run at an HPDE there this past weekend):

- I see in the supps that camping is allowed in the infield; I'm thinking of packing a sleeping bag and staying in either the van or the enclosed trailer. Can we stay in the trailer in the paddock, or do we have to go out into the infield?

- Either way, how hard is it to sidle up to someone and get access to a 110V plug to run a small heater for a few hours at night?

- Are we allowed to use the "ARCA Crew Lounge" showers, or are there some other showers for our use?

See you Friday...!

GregA
[/b]

Greg-

I didn't go to Pocnono last year so it may be different, but...

Pocono is not like NHIS and Lime Rock at night... It is a goast town within a 1/2 hour of the last race of the day it seems... No real "social" events, but that doesn't mean we can't make one!!!

We have stayed in our trucks in the padock, I think you still can.

Generally thr track staff has a bad reputation, but I think that has changed significantly.

The ARCA Crew Lounge has always been open when I have been thier, but be warned thier is no womans showers which is good or bad depending if it is your girlfriend who wants a shower or someone elses.

it is really a great event even with the above negatives.... I hope you have a great time, and be sure to stop over and say hi if we don't catch up with you first!!!

See you saturday morning!!!

Raymond

dominojd
05-09-2006, 08:53 AM

[/b]

Yes. Nissan NX2000's are not allowed to shift out of 4th gear during a race. :rolleyes:

Greg Amy
05-09-2006, 10:34 AM
...NX2000's are not allowed to shift out of 4th gear...[/b]

Oh, I see: one gear tied behind my back, eh? Well, if that's what it takes, Crazy Joe, that's what it takes...

Raymond, thanks for the info. I think I may take a chance on finding someplace to plug the heater into and camping on-site. I've got no problems hanging out after the end of the day and enjoying company. - GA

RSTPerformance
05-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Looks like the forcast has changed as rain is in the forcast now.... :happy204:

Raymond

RSTPerformance
05-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Ok time for the important stuff... The Saturday night party :birra: I am not driving all this way to not hang out with friends!!!!

Dave Zaslow-

What is that nice restaurant that you have recomended many times. I think it is an old mill building or something? I forget, its been so long. Maybe we should get together all the IT guys/gals and meet at that restaurant (Or another suggested one)? The one I am thinking about is a bit fancy for us racing hicks but well worth it from what I remember.

Dave can you post the name and address?

Raymond "Looking to make the weekend a bit more fun!!!" Blethen

benspeed
05-09-2006, 03:02 PM
NO RAIN ALLOWED AT POCONO! :018:

This event is going to have a great post race party on Saturday night. Last year there ended up being 2 parties - worker and driver. That was not a good thing last year and we'll have a humdinger of a party this year.

Greg - I know of a few crafty spots were power can be found - not sure if those outlets are still working. There are also some legit outlets but I'm not sure what the deal is - I'll find out and see if we can't have some information available at the gate.

Racerboy03
05-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Does anybody know if gas is available at the track? It didn't say anywhere in the supps. and Ive never been there before.

Thanks!

-Mark C.

tdw6974
05-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Does anybody know if gas is available at the track? It didn't say anywhere in the supps. and Ive never been there before.

Thanks!

-Mark C.
[/b]
Mark, In the past there has been gas available at the track. BUT WATCH out for the EXXON :bash_1_: Station at RTE 80 exit as they are .15 to .20 more per gallon than driving into Blakelee to the WAWA plus there is another Mini mart across from them. TW

biovic
05-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Yes there is Sunoco gas at the track. I HAD to buy some last year, and it was expensive, like $6.00 a gallon for 93 octane! I can't imagine what the price will be this weekend.

RSTPerformance
05-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Raymond
We have been to the restaraunt before. It is the powerhouse. Perhaps Mr Feno will join us!
Tom

Greg Amy
05-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Looks like the forcast has changed as rain is in the forcast now.... :happy204: [/b]

"Racing" in the rain is just not fun, it's just something to be endured and survived...

benspeed
05-10-2006, 09:31 AM
I just replaced my driver door due to my spin problems in the NHIS rain race - not looking forward to any rain this weekend.

If it does rain, look out for the river just after turn 1 - that water can get deep.

jcmotorsports
05-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Don't forget to bolt on the sidepod pontoons to get through the chicane!!!!!!!!!! :happy204:

Chris Humphrey
05-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid in the Philly area or if any vendors will be at Pocono who may carry it?

robits325is
05-11-2006, 01:35 PM
We have a bunch of it in our trailer - 48" white Featherlite

If you need some just stop by.

BobsAuto
05-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Be grateful you all aren't racing at NHIS this weekend. The prediction up here is 2-5 inches of rain over Sat. and Sun. The last rainfall of that amount up here in the fall flooded the garages 1/2 way up the doors! Looks like New England is in for a bad one. Hopefully the worst has passed Pocono by the time you get there.

Stay safe.