PDA

View Full Version : Local Boys Done Good...

Greg Amy
04-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Thought you guys would like to know that the Meccanic Shop North/Davis Motorsports Acura Grand-Am team snagged a podium finish at last weekend's Grand-Am Cup at Virginia International Raceway in its very first Grand-Am appearance!

Starting dead last, the #144 Davis Motorsports Acura RSX-S, driven by Mike Galati and Bob Endicott, finished 3rd in class and 22nd overall. The #143 RSX, driven by Nick Leverone and Lorenzo Serra, finished 9th overall but was dropped to 16th because of a PUY; the #142 RSX or Anthony Serra and Jason Adamski rounded out the trio in 21st.

According to Anthony Serra, "...my crew was awesome this weekend, we are brand new and real green at this stuff, I think we caught a few people off guard! Mike & Bob are incredible drivers; Mike just drives the wheels off of it and Bob engineers it to last the whole race and handle and be perfectly balanced.

"(The #142 car) got damaged pretty bad with two to go, but should be back in shape for Laguna. (We sure are) learning a lot!"

I'm sure I'm not the only one to offer this truly grassroots team a hearty CONGRATULATIONS for their efforts and results! Go get 'em, Tiger!

Full results at:
http://www.grandamerican.com/Events/Sessio...p?SessionID=658 (http://www.grandamerican.com/Events/SessionResults.asp?SessionID=658)

dazzlesa
04-25-2006, 03:58 PM
ITS PREETY DAMN COOL KNOWING SOMEBODY THAT IS DOING SOMETHING THAT ALOT OF US WOULD LOVE TO DO OURSELVES.I JUST WANT TO STAND IN THERE PITS AND SAY YEAH I AM WITH THEM. PRETTY DAMN IMPRESSIVE FOR A FIRST OUTING. RICK

RSTPerformance
04-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Many others to give props to including my favorite, 1st place finisher in ST Eric Curran who used to drive the Blue ITB Volvo that is now driven by his father Paul Curran...

Speaking of this can we make a list of past Northeast SCCA guys/gals currently running in the pro ranks? It would be neat to see what they used to run (or maybe still do) back in the day and what they are doing now!!!

Raymond

JLawton
04-25-2006, 04:38 PM
That's fantastic!! :happy204:

Keep it up guys, we're all behind you!! :OLA:

gsbaker
04-25-2006, 05:27 PM
:023:

Tkczecheredflag
04-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Anthony has been my mentor in this sport since day one (1994 right Anth?) and guided me through my first Championship in 1996 _EMRA ST-3. Jason was always my go to guy for 1st Gen anything Honda. Lorenzo saved my life at The Bridge when he noticed my front right tire going flat as I was staged to time trial. Congrats to the whole team. :happy204: :happy204: :happy204:

Racerboy03
04-25-2006, 10:49 PM
The Davis Motorsports team did an awesome job last weekend. The weather didnt help us out much, and it was tough with three cars but I had an awesome time being on the crew and it was a great learning experience. There were almost 90 cars on the track during the race, and they had to start from the back. The race was filled with cautions, and we were busy in the pits changing from wets to drys. If Galati had pitted a lap or two earlier under caution, we might be talking about a win in their first try in GAC!

The race is on SPEED TV on saturday at 1pm if anyone is interested.

_Mark C.

speedone
04-25-2006, 11:20 PM
:happy204: thanks for all the help we got it wouldn't happen with out the help from all of you

gran racing
04-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Awesome stuff!

R2 Racing
04-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Yes, a huge congratulations to the MSN guys! I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys at Mid Ohio later this summer. (Assuming you're running that GAC event.)

ulfelder
04-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Here's some good news on that VIR GAC race: you can watch it tomorrow on SPEED, 1:00pm.

At flatout-motorsports.com, we will soon be adding some content devoted to the Meccanic Shop North/Davis Motorsports Acura team. Naturally we wish it were up already, but Anthony has been busy (understatement!) these past few months, so we haven't had a chance to draw up a blueprint.

When you consider the typical learning curve for a brand new pro team, these guys' success at VIR is mind-boggling. By the end of the race, Nick was the second fastest car in class - to Galati!

As I write this, the Acuras are undergoing a bit of dyno tuning en route to Laguna Seca. Stay tuned.

Steve U
05 ITS
Flatout Motorsports

Jeremy Billiel
04-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Congrats to Anthony and the MSN guys. A job well done! I can't wait to see the LRP race in May at their home track.

Bill Miller
04-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Yep, hats off to Anthony and crew!!!

LOL @ Greg. I knew Anthony and Jason years ago when Anthony was running a Fiat 3P and Jason was running a Mini w/ EMRA! :o Another guy that was running w/ EMRA at the time, that's done pretty well in GAC, was Mike Kerovitch III

speedone
04-28-2006, 10:35 PM
here's a pic of my mini and the 3p at bridgehampton at turn 5 in 1989
anthony got the car from the saladino's 11/92[attachmentid=402]

p99ro
04-29-2006, 10:21 PM
HI Guys Good job.
After seeing the race today at Ray Lee`s new house with his Thumping Stereo. We saw flashes of the team. Looked for orange and found the pase car a lot but had to look a lot for their cars. Like others said it`s fun watchin cars of guys you race with on the track you can seem to relate a little more and that makes watchin more funner. I saw Hugh`s Stewarts Crash in FL at the start of the World Challage cars. That was bad!!!
If you did`nt see it. The start was a standing one and the 5th 6th cars got together and locked together into the wall started to come back out and Stewarts car tryed to flooor it to get out of the way on time but missed it. Hit them and the wall and some how went into reverse? Full throttle backward across 10 cars still in the trottle. They some how missed him but he did`nt miss the Jersey Barrior. They had to bring out the tractor to pull the wall back out, so they could race. He was OK but the car is done. WOW.
Still don`t know how it got into that gear.
BUt that Race in VA had some wild crashes. Up and over an amazing save buy the giy who won in the Play Boy Machine. They come with their own trophy girls. He at one point lost it in the rain slid 150 feet sideways found an access road and grip got back into the race WOW. Then won because of like 6 Penalty`s due to passes under yellow.
Glad to see those guys moving forward. Thats lots of work we know how much Monies and time go into our races.
Keep On Truckin Mama. :birra:
Scott CRXsi 07 ITA NER

16v
04-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I noticed Lourenco mugging for the camera as they interviewed Galati in the pit stall :P

Racerboy03
05-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Congrats to the Davis Motorsports team on winning at Phoenix!!

http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6432

Nice job guys, see y'all at Mid-Ohio!

-MC