PDA

View Full Version : NAPA oil filters

RR
04-22-2006, 05:36 PM
a few weeks ago there was a discussion about oil filters, Napa was said to be one of the best. So I went out and bought a Napa Gold for my race car (twice the price $11). First thing i noticed was how thin the gasket is, its about 1/16" wide where as all other brands Ive used have gaskets a good 3/8" wide. Makes me a bit nervous under racing conditions the thing will blow out. Any bad experiences out there??? I may just go back to the STP for 6 bucks!!!

JimLill
04-23-2006, 02:28 PM
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html#champ

good reading

Eagle7
04-23-2006, 03:36 PM
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html#champ

good reading
[/b]
Great info. Thanks.

eMKay
04-28-2006, 09:22 PM
a few weeks ago there was a discussion about oil filters, Napa was said to be one of the best. So I went out and bought a Napa Gold for my race car (twice the price $11). First thing i noticed was how thin the gasket is, its about 1/16" wide where as all other brands Ive used have gaskets a good 3/8" wide. Makes me a bit nervous under racing conditions the thing will blow out. Any bad experiences out there??? I may just go back to the STP for 6 bucks!!!
[/b]

I buy NAPA Gold, it has a 3/8" gasket. Don't know how you got it without one...BTW, I have a GTI with an adapter plate to accept the 1515 (PH8A, whatever). The NAPA is a Wix and appears to be of much higher quality than other filters. It's the same one on the link.

charrbq
04-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Cheese and Rice! I've always used and believed in Fram for at least the last 35 years. I suppose I started when they were the best and never suspected anything to change. Well, I will.

trd77
04-28-2006, 11:03 PM
I like to use the K&N oil filters. Has anyone else used them or know much about them?

jc836
04-29-2006, 08:59 AM
K&N or OEM here. I have used the NAPA filters that were made by GARD and WIX with similar results in our GT350 (long ago :)) when I had it. The K&N or NAPA or OEM seem to do an excellent job. One needs to remember for Honda that they have come out with their tiny one and that can be replaced by the S2000 one.